Skip to main content

Topic: One Day In New Dawn (Read 1149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: One Day In New Dawn
Reply #30
I played from eu launch, started new character on NA launch and played for a while after that. Long enough to where the df2010 patch was confessed to be dfuw. That is when i quit dfo.

AFTER I quit, I've seen videos of plenty of better pop population than we have now.

Everyone can make there point without exaggerating or twisting facts.

I hated fast travel and portals in holdings. But i knew for sure if i couldn't find someone, just hitting a farm at a Hamlet would draw out pvp'ers.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #31
no one gives a shit
wow... cold. Are the gloves off?
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #32
I played from eu launch, started new character on NA launch and played for a while after that. Long enough to where the df2010 patch was confessed to be dfuw. That is when i quit dfo.

Well I wasn't playing when NA transfers happened. All I know is the game was doing horribly on EU-1 in 2009. The raw numbers were obviously higher but that was just momentum from it being a freshly launched MMO. It was still extremely dead given the size of the game world. It may have stabilized with NA-1 transfers and built back up somewhat from patches. I just don't understand the desire to crown the original Darkfall like it was anything other than a wasted opportunity.

For people who weren't kicking deathless mages through walls, how were you PvE'ing and advancing your character? I'm confused as to how other people were playing at the time and why they stuck around.

Reply #33
Beyond the blood walls? Just hitting shit forever.
I never got "end game" stats and i played a good amount.
But a lot were in the same boat as me. So it wasn't so bad.

There was a good amount of pvp back then. And just dumb fun
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34
I do agree 100% with @Searven that we'll NEVER have 50+ heads populating every city but that still doesn't mean we can't compare very recent darkfall populations with what we currently have.

He also made a very good point. This server will only grow with more patches that roll through but that's similar to telling someone who's hit rock bottom that they have no where else to go but up.

The game is a completely different animal when there's a population similar to the one we had at launch
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #35
wow you raid a city with a clan who recruit everybody and anybody in orc race chat and theres like 4 people in the city and the newbies in there have purple robes, really worth it! action packed this game is! you feature the same 2 newbie clans and the same players in all of your footage, no one is buying the con job of "one day in new dawn".

i think people get that excited about having a pvp fight and looting a player they forget the old populated or what the game was intended for with population, its pathetic, this game is a shadow. check videos from 8 years ago on youtube, you had the entire server population now thats active living in one city https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hyperion+darkfall

I was playing then and raiding cities at launch. The PvP was much worse. There were plenty of empty cities and cities where only a guy or two would respond and you'd be fighting naked Mana Missilers or melee/archery scrubs. Most people quit after their first play session and the game bled players at an insane rate. 6 months in on EU-1 the game world was even more dead. I remember riding around and finding nobody anywhere. I also remember farming mid-map and never getting jumped because the game was so dead. When people were actually dropping sieges you could get some bigger fights but it's the same in this version. If you were actually impressed by the pop in DF 1 or how the game was doing then you weren't actually playing. There was obviously more people to begin with because it was a newly launched MMO but the joke was how quickly everyone quit. At least New Dawn had a tiny pop to start with.

So because people fought naked at the start of a game that some how counters the claim that the server is dead and the original video isnt shit?!?! 2 years in EU had over 2k players with good politics, NA had a similar situation so how was the EU server dead 6 months in, some sieges had over 100-200 players involved, some alliances easily had more actives than the entire active server population now, do you have brain damage? what point are you actually trying to make?

no one gives a shit
wow... cold. Are the gloves off?

i have already exposed your player skill and ponzi scheme clan, its common knowledge.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #36
So because people fought naked at the start of a game that some how counters the claim that the server is dead and the original video isnt shit?!?! 2 years in EU had over 2k players with good politics, NA had a similar situation so how was the EU server dead 6 months in, some sieges had over 100-200 players involved, some alliances easily had more actives than the entire active server population now, do you have brain damage? what point are you actually trying to make?

I played in the best and most active alliance and we were rolling with 20-30 most of the time (New Dawn Siege Force Numbers) and we had 30-40 at the absolute most. It was enough to win every single large scale group fight. We rarely had a fight that was over 100 total players and we were all over the map. I recorded big fights and still have them up on youtube. They were rarely over 100 and never after the first few months. There is some serious delusion going on. I think the first week there is a video clip of like 75+ mounts riding on Niffleheim and a week after that over 50% of those guys weren't playing. That people bash New Dawn and point to the original like it was a golden time is laughable. The biggest sieges were unplayable messes of people glitching aroudn your screen, 0 hits being landed, and nakeds with rez shield blocking the stone.

edit: I get into it because you are straight up lying about the pop in the original. There were not 2k actives two years in or sieges with 100-200 players involved. One of the biggest sieges during the first few months was the Mar Shral Siege during "World War Two" and it would have been one of the few in the 100-200 range. It was awful and it made even more people quit. After the first few months the numbers never neared that again.
  • Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:24:42 am by dread_og

Reply #37
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.