Skip to main content

Topic: @ub3rgames what is going on with your game client? (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

@ub3rgames what is going on with your game client?
So I have been trying to record a video guide for New Dawn parallel with another video project I have for work, and one of the first questions I get every time from people i try to convince to play is whats the gap, what is the difference between a new character and an advanced character in damage and skills in PvP. I thought that was a great starting point, so I've been trying to nail that down ~which should take 10 mins at most~ New character swings/casts, does damage; advanced character swings/casts, does damage. That its, boom done. Nothing fancy, no extra crazy gear, modifiers or buff's/debuff's. Just click, read the number, write it down....... It has taking me hours because I am getting different random numbers, on everything, everywhere (like quickness not effecting melee speed thread I made, when did that happen?). I've had to start recording it and now posting it. Its been extremely frustrating and time consuming.

here is the latest~ random extra archery damage. The new character had FP pieces totaling 7.62 in protections and he was naked. When I shot him geared, I would a get random 31.14 and the majority of shots were 29.2 damage. Naked its regularly 36.29 with the random 38.04. The curser never moves, its the same spot on the character. Nothing else is changing.

Not trying be negative, I know you guys are working hard and the game engine isn't something I would want to work with ever. But this reminds of InDev when I would go to check out new stuff and find it bugged. Does not make for a fun time.

https://youtu.be/p0SThOdM7Do

Edit- another example: I  attempted to copy-paste the confirmed (by you Ub3rgames) weapon swing speed test we did during indev but then it screwed everything up and I had to back track and test again because those numbers dont work anymore even though I should have technically been higher because I have 100% title for a 6% bonus
  • Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:13:14 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Re: @ub3rgames what is going on with your game client?
Reply #1
All weapons have a chance for a "critical hit" (not talking about 5th hit), and the chance is the highest for Daggers, lowest for Polearms.

Some of Bala's InDev tests:

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
Hopefully this is your last thread about new vs old character things.

You can stop crying wolf now.

Reply #3
All weapons have a chance for a "critical hit" (not talking about 5th hit), and the chance is the highest for Daggers, lowest for Polearms.

Some of Bala's InDev tests:

Not archery, it's not even on the graph and I'm pretty sure I read that they removed that in the patch notes and made all melee damage consistent besides the consecutive hit bonus.

edit- there is no random critical hits anymore. All critical hits are tied to the consecutive hit system per @ub3rgames.

Hopefully this is your last thread about new vs old character things.

You can stop crying wolf now.

edit- why dont you inform yourself about the game before criticizing me about shit.
  • Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:05:08 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #4
@Ub3rgames please moderate these from doing ingame tests and spreading false information about the game.

its bad for the health of the game, when someone who cant do tests in a controlled environment posts their results.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #5
Having shot only 60 arrows in the game since launch (3x starter quests hit golbin 20 times with arrows), I have no first hand experience regarding archery.

But I can confirm Polearm still (rarely) does a stronger attack from time to time.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #6
Having shot only 60 arrows in the game since launch (3x starter quests hit golbin 20 times with arrows), I have no first hand experience regarding archery.

But I can confirm Polearm still (rarely) does a stronger attack from time to time.

I believe you. My angry typing isnt anything people are posting here, just reading something buried in pages of updates from ub3rgames only to find it's not the case in game has really pissed me off. Every step of the way where I'm attempting to just show the information (not even opinions like a "how too") there is some random bullshit that's not written down anywhere that contradicts everything or I have to come to you and spam messages asking a million questions it's ridiculous.

Reply #7

I believe you. My angry typing isnt anything people are posting here, just reading something buried in pages of updates from ub3rgames only to find it's not the case in game has really pissed me off. Every step of the way where I'm attempting to just show the information (not even opinions like a "how too") there is some random bullshit that's not written down anywhere that contradicts everything or I have to come to you and spam messages asking a million questions it's ridiculous.
whats up you lost your rose tinted glasses? everything not sun and sand in the DND world?
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
For anyone opening this thread. If you have any questions regarding ANYTHING pertaining to values r numbers in this game just go to @Wyverex

@nubnax used to be a good source also but unfortunately he no longer plays.

Don't mean to make a slight at Ivar but there's people who have already proven themselves and Ivar is still in training
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #9

So quick update, buried in the launch update patch is the single line "-Critical strikes in PvP have been repaired" which I'm guessing is why you get archery crits now along with this part buried in the InDev prior to launch "Overall attack/casting speed formula has been reduced by 10%." Which explains why the swings per minute dont match InDev numbers anymore. Still doesn't explain why quickness doesn't effect melee swing speed currently, but I'm guessing it's an after effect.

Reply #10

So quick update, buried in the launch update patch is the single line "-Critical strikes in PvP have been repaired" which I'm guessing is why you get archery crits now along with this part buried in the InDev prior to launch "Overall attack/casting speed formula has been reduced by 10%." Which explains why the swings per minute dont match InDev numbers anymore. Still doesn't explain why quickness doesn't effect melee swing speed currently, but I'm guessing it's an after effect.

When I played this week and had a clan buddy helping me kill stuff he would buff my quickness from 20-27 to 60-67.  While I was swinging my 2h sword the attack speed was 100% faster when I was buffed.  Like I was a hacking machine.

So not sure what you mean about quickness effecting attack speed unless you mean archery which I am unsure about. 

Reply #11

When I played this week and had a clan buddy helping me kill stuff he would buff my quickness from 20-27 to 60-67.  While I was swinging my 2h sword the attack speed was 100% faster when I was buffed.  Like I was a hacking machine.

So not sure what you mean about quickness effecting attack speed unless you mean archery which I am unsure about. 

My 80 quick (96% power), maxed GS skills/sub skills, 100% gs title (6%)vs a new character was only a difference of 4 swings in 30 seconds. So something isn't working toward weapon swing speed anymore just not sure what it is Uber games hasn't answered

Reply #12

My 80 quick (96% power), maxed GS skills/sub skills, 100% gs title (6%)vs a new character was only a difference of 4 swings in 30 seconds. So something isn't working toward weapon swing speed anymore just not sure what it is Uber games hasn't answered

Not too sure then it felt like it was faster with such a jump from 20-60.  Never counted the actually extra swings I got. 

I know mining skill is a hugeeee gap from low skill to high in terms of speed to clear a node.