Skip to main content

Topic: DEVS MAgefall isnt fun for new players or casuals. (Read 3578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DEVS MAgefall isnt fun for new players or casuals.
Reply #45
IS it me or has magic in new dawn becoming stronger and stronger with cheap mage gear compared to very very expensive armor tank gear.

Why is new dawn becoming Magefall again. spells hit harder now than any version of Darkfall. I have a new mage toon im training myself now for easy pvp.

Ryu you are the tin can who prefers bludg.protection to stam.efficiency on the gear, and usuing bow 10% of a fight. Sure you'll suffer from any mage (even from witchcraft lol).

Reply #46
Not sure it's a good thing that what's matter the most is your skill. If we want this game to success, we need new players or low/mid tier to stand a chance against the elite 1% wich is mostly 75% of the current population atm. So pls stop throwing your not skilled enough one line punch. This mentality killed the past version and could easily kills this one. Not to say it's already dead for some of you already. Ill keep playing it whatever but one day you'll realise that you need those carebear players to get the population up. The potentiel is there. Not about bringing the 1k to 10k best pvper in the world that don't give a shit about this game or simply don't know it exists.
Game needs more regular pvp content that attracts lower tier players. Content that higher tier players don't see the need to bother with because they have other shit to do with better rewards.
Right now you have villages... It's the only content for everyone so don't expect to have a fair skill level fight.
I'm sure you can start exploring and find villages that are better suited but that foolish to ask of players who just want to be casual and enjoy all parts of the game.

But I'm a bit confused by your post...  I keep reading the first line about not sure if skill should be most important.
You can't possibly expect it a good thing to lower the skill ceiling.... The game NEEDS the chance to be elite.
  • Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:10:03 pm by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Reply #47
The skill gap is huge in this game. I can win with 100% HP against some melees but that's because they straight line melee push and don't close the gap with archery. When I duel a competent melee/archer then it's an extremely difficult fight and that's if they're in mediocre gear. In good gear the damage is insane.

my main issue is a strong mage can most likely keep up or surpass me sprinting on a mount, thus forcing me into  certain types of gameplay.
1. i must fight to win never run or try toe scape a good mage....
2. i must group up with clan mates for pve or pvp i cant solo in case i run into 2 bunnyhoppers mage or light armor.

Not alot of gameplay choices there in this sandbox.

Hayland would destroy you even easier than those mages. Bunnyhopping after a target shouldn't work because you take so much fall damage. How can't you turn on them and kill them? Do you use bow?

Im talking about situations where theres 2 or more strong maxxed out mages chasing me its a no escape situation even if i sprint on my mount any mazxed out mage is now bunnyhopping faster than me sprinting on my mount and dont tell me to bunnyhop too since im a plate armor wearing heavy my only escape options is mount. If its just 1 mage i dont run away from the fight ever besides running behind a rock or tree to heal.
  • Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:33:35 pm by Dragonx Ivanzypher
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #48
The skill gap is huge in this game. I can win with 100% HP against some melees but that's because they straight line melee push and don't close the gap with archery. When I duel a competent melee/archer then it's an extremely difficult fight and that's if they're in mediocre gear. In good gear the damage is insane.

my main issue is a strong mage can most likely keep up or surpass me sprinting on a mount, thus forcing me into  certain types of gameplay.
2. i must group up with clan mates for pve or pvp i cant solo in case i run into 2 bunnyhoppers mage or light armor.

Hayland would destroy you even easier than those mages. Bunnyhopping after a target shouldn't work because you take so much fall damage. How can't you turn on them and kill them? Do you use bow?

Im talking about situations where theres 2 or more strong maxxed out mages chasing me its a no escape situation even if i sprint on my mount any mazxed out mage is now bunnyhopping faster than me sprinting on my mount and dont tell me to bunnyhop too since im a plate armor wearing heavy my only escape options is mount. If its just 1 mage i dont run away from the fight ever besides running behind a rock or tree to heal.

you can launch in full plate then run around a rock you fucking moron. learn to line of sight.

ps you use a 1h and SHIELD learn to parry, mages have no disable. cant expect to win every fights holding down left click.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #49

you can launch in full plate then run around a rock you fucking moron. learn to line of sight.

ps you use a 1h and SHIELD learn to parry, mages have no disable. cant expect to win every fights holding down left click.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM
dodgy bastard

Reply #50
Remowe Seize and warriors will cry about kiting mages. Even more than now. Sieze is not a free hit and not a easy to land, like foebringer was. It take skill to use and cost alot of stamina, so if you will - you pay. But even if you hit it will not help you with out good skill and timing.

Seize letting warriors to go pure melee, with out switching on magic\arrows to keep melee fight.

sieze takes alot of skill, i mis judge the distance of my foe often and miss half the time because they are too far away. And it takes 10 seconds cooldown, most mage spells and rays are 1 to 3 seconds cooldown plus u can cycle fresh spells every second or faster.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #51
Get better with your bow.  With a good silverbranch and solid mechanics you will never fear a mage in this game. 

A mage is only strong in a group imo.  Try that kiting shit against a decent archer and the mage dies 1v1 every time.

basically your suggesting gear up in 120k gear to beat a 10k robed mage with regs. good advice ill be using my many many silver branches and q4 q5 enchanted gear right away.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #52
Get better with your bow.  With a good silverbranch and solid mechanics you will never fear a mage in this game. 

A mage is only strong in a group imo.  Try that kiting shit against a decent archer and the mage dies 1v1 every time.

basically your suggesting gear up in 120k gear to beat a 10k robed mage with regs. good advice ill be using my many many silver branches and q4 q5 enchanted gear right away.

120k for a silvet branch? LOL

go hit a node or something.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #53
Not sure it's a good thing that what's matter the most is your skill. If we want this game to success, we need new players or low/mid tier to stand a chance against the elite 1% wich is mostly 75% of the current population atm. So pls stop throwing your not skilled enough one line punch. This mentality killed the past version and could easily kills this one. Not to say it's already dead for some of you already. Ill keep playing it whatever but one day you'll realise that you need those carebear players to get the population up. The potentiel is there. Not about bringing the 1k to 10k best pvper in the world that don't give a shit about this game or simply don't know it exists.
Game needs more regular pvp content that attracts lower tier players. Content that higher tier players don't see the need to bother with because they have other shit to do with better rewards.
Right now you have villages... It's the only content for everyone so don't expect to have a fair skill level fight.
I'm sure you can start exploring and find villages that are better suited but that foolish to ask of players who just want to be casual and enjoy all parts of the game.

But I'm a bit confused by your post...  I keep reading the first line about not sure if skill should be most important.
You can't possibly expect it a good thing to lower the skill ceiling.... The game NEEDS the chance to be elite.
Maybe not lower skill ceiling but raise the opposite. Reduce by alot the TTK in pvp. You don't learn anything from dying in 5 hits in less than 10sec. It discourages anyone. Only masochist would keep going. Put a complete tutorial where you play with a maxed toon with the possibility to change title and challenge different mobs in a solo arena. Create a pvp mob that act like human : You play as a mage, get challenged by a melee archery that keeps pushing into melee and vice versa. Add quest that explain you the mob's weaknesses or add the info on map. That's all ideas that can reduce quickly the gap with elite players and their knowledge of the game. About balancing the game, I don't think it's possible to balance it when it's 100% based on player skills. I would add reduce that damn grind of skill gain but I'm afraid it's there to stay because it's the main content of the game and while we grind like fucking no life
mongols Ub3r can throw us some little patches here and there while the game is getting near something more enjoyable.

Reply #54
IS it me or has magic in new dawn becoming stronger and stronger with cheap mage gear compared to very very expensive armor tank gear.

Why is new dawn becoming Magefall again. spells hit harder now than any version of Darkfall. I have a new mage toon im training myself now for easy pvp.

Ryu you are the tin can who prefers bludg.protection to stam.efficiency on the gear, and usuing bow 10% of a fight. Sure you'll suffer from any mage (even from witchcraft lol).

my archery encumbrance penalties in just plate amror is 48 .... i actually believed in ub3rgames title system so i had a couple of crafter titles like skinner... dont worry ims witching to hybrid mage style like everyone else and getting rid of my crafting titles. Magefall here i come too.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #55

did math failed you or reading failed you in school?
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #56

Well this is what it should look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrrsvG3wY4

Reply #57
my archery encumbrance penalties in just plate amror is 48 .... i actually believed in ub3rgames title system so i had a couple of crafter titles like skinner... dont worry ims witching to hybrid mage style like everyone else and getting rid of my crafting titles. Magefall here i come too.
Can't wait to see your updates in this thread when you'll realize that going hybrid you will not deal less dmg both with your melee weapon/bow AND your spells. Versatility has quite a big price in terms of pure dmg compared to a specialized build.
Then it all depends on playstiles: someone prefer having more options to choose from and someone else prefers pure raw power with limited choices....but i don't see either of the two being better than the others.

There are hybrid PLAYERS that make it seems like it is easy and you're god-like (if you look at @Unknowm Mantra videos, he seems nearly OP) but it is all due to them being good at playing, not their character (if i showed you one of my videos, with a very similar build to that ot Mantra, you'd cry at how bad it is going hybrid :D ....but it is just me being pretty bad :))

Reply #58
Can't wait to see your updates in this thread when you'll realize that going hybrid you will not deal less dmg both with your melee weapon/bow AND your spells. Versatility has quite a big price in terms of pure dmg compared to a specialized build.
Then it all depends on playstiles: someone prefer having more options to choose from and someone else prefers pure raw power with limited choices....but i don't see either of the two being better than the others.

There are hybrid PLAYERS that make it seems like it is easy and you're god-like (if you look at @Unknowm Mantra videos, he seems nearly OP) but it is all due to them being good at playing, not their character (if i showed you one of my videos, with a very similar build to that ot Mantra, you'd cry at how bad it is going hybrid :D ....but it is just me being pretty bad :))

my main issue is now being geared in heavy and heavier plate type armors isnt the endgame, its back to the  light armor mix with some heavy parts, this goes for mages too instead of endgame robes they will be using a mix of light armors also, the endgame will just be casting spells, and light armor wearing.

If i wanted to keep playing as a heavy heavy tank or a pure mage ill end up at a dis advantage versus ppl who use high end mixed light gear.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #59
If you like the physical play style, then what's your resistance to mixed metal/leather?  Then you can unburden and begone to keep up with the mages.

Heavy really is very situational right now, but who cares unless you're in love with looking at yourself in shiney metal suits?  Mixed metal/leather is still melee/archer which is the REAL differentiator from Mage, IMO.

I did a Launch > Unburden > Begone escaping from a 1v2 the other day.  It would have been beautiful had they not had a Bluetail to eventually catch my Garmir.