Skip to main content

Topic: Earthquake/Healing Chant not working sometimes (Read 208 times) previous topic - next topic

Earthquake/Healing Chant not working sometimes
@Ub3rgames , as title said, it seems that both healing chant and Earthquake are a bit bugged.
I noticed that sometimes, for no apparent reason, they don't dmg/heal people inside the area, until i move a little bit.
In some other occasions i had both of them not only not working on people inside the area but not even on myself; even in this case, moving even if just by 1 step usually get them working again (but if i go back in the same position, they stop working again).

I don't know what is causing the issue and, surely it is not a problem of them being outside the range of the spell (also because it, sometimes, affects also the caster too). If anything, it seemed to me that it wasn't working when they were too close to me, like if the area of the spell isn't a circle but a donut.

I will try to record it with a video next time it happens but in the meantime i wanted to give the feedback

Re: Earthquake/Healing Chant not working sometimes
Reply #1
Houses aare buged, it is old known. And destroyed walls aswell.

Reply #2
like if the area of the spell isn't a circle but a donut.
I smiled at that. Good one!

Reply #3
Houses aare buged, it is old known. And destroyed walls aswell.
And what it has to do with this bug if i may ask?? I had it happen in open field and in dungeons too

Reply #4
try to jump, it must make a fix. there is some problems for such spells with Z coordinate, it was same with Static Field in UW

Reply #5
try to jump, it must make a fix. there is some problems for such spells with Z coordinate, it was same with Static Field in UW
Ah, oh, didn't know it. They should definitely find a way to fix it, though, cause you can't just keep looking at the system chat to know whethere your spell is actually working or you are just wasting mana for nothing.
Maybe they weren't aware of the bug (i hope so...it would be much better than them knowing it and not knowing how to fix :D)

Reply #6
Interesting find, I'll have to look out for this now.

I wonder if it's like the old bug of begone not working properly in 2 directions (ex:north and east) but worked strong in other 2 directions of all flat terrain(fixed many months ago).  Also to note, the blizzard spell projectile(water r90) can have a spin and/or bounce depending on which direction it is traveling(damage unaffected).  Perhaps the new 'move while channeling' ability picked up something similar of a spell in motion towards a given direction.

-edit addition-
You should also test channeling EQ or SC while crossing map tiles.  I don't know why, but I feel like it might be buggy?  (Like on a raft crossing map tiles while fishing even though this isn't a bug.)
  • Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:53:40 pm by Mordisk

Reply #7
Here is a video i just recorded showing the earthquake bug.
If you look at the system chat, there are two moments (it seems to me whenever i am in a specific spot) when i am not getting any dmg, then if i move a bit, i start getting damaged again as it should be.
https://youtu.be/cxmxsejw_-0