Skip to main content

Topic: What does Evil eye do now? (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic

What does Evil eye do now?
Title. Thought I read somewhere it was being changed but searched and couldn't find it

Re: What does Evil eye do now?
Reply #1
Inc % that debuff will be applied to player

Reply #2
Burden can sometimes fail (gets resisted), there is a buff that increases the probability of this resist happening. Evil Eye does the opposite effect, decreasing the probability of a resist occurring.

There's been so many changes to magic over the years I'm not sure which spells this applies to anymore

Reply #3
Burden can sometimes fail (gets resisted), there is a buff that increases the probability of this resist happening. Evil Eye does the opposite effect, decreasing the probability of a resist occurring.

There's been so many changes to magic over the years I'm not sure which spells this applies to anymore

I'll have to check where I read it but I believe burden no longer fails it just increases your encumbrance effects on your spells a small percentage.

I was asking cuz the duration on evil eye is very long

Reply #4
By default, debuff spells can't be resisted.
But you can use a self buff (from Arcane is what I wanna say) or Spell Immunity enchant, and those give you a chance to resist debuffs.

IIRC Evil Eye negates/reduces that chance.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
In old DFO, Burden was potent but tremendously resistible.  Even if the target had no buffs on, the resist rate was 40-50%. 

When dueling mage clan mates, if I managed to stick Burden on them, some of them would just  concede the fight.  I had it level to 90 and it would last 2 minutes.
  • Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:25:53 am by Rimamok

Reply #6
It counters a buff. It's basically dog doo like many other spells.