Skip to main content

Topic: Healing Chant and Spellchanting Feedback (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic

Healing Chant and Spellchanting Feedback
@Ub3rgames i think that Healing Chant mana cost is way too high as it is now to make it useful in 90% of situations.

I don't get why it should be more effective to heal teammates with the "basic" heals that everyone has access to instead of the signature spells of the school.
It is just like giving, for example, a "basic" eye rot to the necro school and then have the signature eye rot be useful only if hitting more than 1 player.

People that have specced in SC have done it because they like playing the support role, but as it stands now, they could be basically just as effective without even titleing in it...so why should anyone keep the title then?

The "advantages" of the title right now? Basically none:
1- the magnitude increase given by the title has very little impact on the healed amount or the buff potency...not enough to justify a title

2-The secondary effects on buffs are minuscule and not enough to justify taking the title.

3-Healing blast is pretty situational to use (you can't use it on a teammate engaged in melee or closeby an enemy because you would also heal the enemy), put your r90 on cooldown...so you better use the basic heals most of the time

4-Healing chant is even more situational. Basically only useful in big groups where you can heal 4+ teammates at the same time and at sieges....in most other occasions? you better use the basic heals (as you also clearly stated it was the intent of the changes you just made)

With the current state of SC, what i can see happening is that, when there is a siege, a lot of people will momentarily drop one of their other school, read 5 combat title books (they are pretty common so it will not be much of an issue), get healing chant for the siege and then, when it ends, they go back to their previous title having lost just 10 points in it.

Signature spells should be something you can and want to use on a daily basis, not something that 90% of the time will be take dust in your hotbar because it is less efficent than a basic spell, otherwise it feels like you are wasting a title slot you could be using for something else all that time.

I can understand, and agree that the self healing part needed to be reduced (i was expecting it so it didn't surprise me at all), but the mana cost increase was way over the board. It was much better before, where the healing was a bit less (i was healing 6.6 per tick instead of 8.8) but the cost to keep it up was nearly half (5.5 mana vs 9 mana) and i think it was pretty balanced at that time and i was using quite a lot with my guildmates, during pve and to reduce downtimes. It was already efficent enough at 2-3 people....now? it is efficent if we are 4+, otherwise it is more efficient to just sacrifice/heal other them individually

TlDR: signature heals SHOULD be better than the basic heals and be ALWAYS useful, not just situationally (just like every other signature spell in the game, which gets used on a daily basis)....it is the reason why someone would take the title in Spellchanting. Making them be very situational or not mana-cost efficient is not promoting people to title in the school since, anyway, they won't be using the signatures in most occasions. So why taking a title in a healing school when you'll be using healing spell that anyone has access to?
  • Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:27:24 pm by dariobrun

Re: Healing Chant and Spellchanting Feedback
Reply #1
I think Healing Chant's cast time needs to be 0,5 seconds longer (to increase opportunity cost) but then lower mana drain by 20%.

It would result in a great group heal (both potency-wise and healing per mana spent wise) but come with longer settup time / opportunity cost.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You want ppl to take spellchanting title? Make healing blast a stamina lend .

Reply #3
You want ppl to take spellchanting title? Make healing blast a stamina lend .
To "heal" stamina they should just up the secondary effects tied to wards to make them worth to cast, there is no need to change healing blast to a stamina heal.
Improving 2ndary effects on wards could (finally) make them worth to cast, at least if you are titled in SC.

I think Healing Chant's cast time needs to be 0,5 seconds longer (to increase opportunity cost) but then lower mana drain by 20%.

It would result in a great group heal (both potency-wise and healing per mana spent wise) but come with longer settup time / opportunity cost.
That could be a good solution. In any case, mana cost definitely need to be lowered to make it useable in non-siege/big group situation....it need to be useable already at a 2+ people mark...it is a damn signature spell...it has to be usable in nearly every situation.
Another solution (but might be hard to implement, i don't know) could be to tie the mana cost to the number of people you are healing. Something like base spell cost 5 mana per tick and then you get +0.5/1 mana per tick per person you are healing

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Well I just don't like the idea of buffs giving stamina. If someone needs stam you should just transfer.it to him (it shouldn't be.an option for everyone tho only those titled.with sc).
I mean this:
 hey you need some stam Mr mage? Let me buff your dexterity then! Who cares the stat is useless for you anyway.
... Is just dumb to me.

Reply #5
1) Stat's buff add extra damage, not alot but add,
2) It grant stamina. So 2 buffs lend +30 stamina to target. Is it bad???

Reply #6
more balancing tips from a complete moron.

no wonder this game is fucked.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #7
1) Stat's buff add extra damage, not alot but add,
2) It grant stamina. So 2 buffs lend +30 stamina to target. Is it bad???
Not all buffs lend stamina, only dex/quick and they don't give that much from what i recall, well at least not quickness which gives around 9 stam (if from behind)....in the time it took to you to buff him twice for 25ish stamina you could have done something probably more incisive than that.

As for the dmg added it is somewhere around 1.5/2 dmg (str/dex buffs) and it last somewhere around 40s. Instead of buffing you could have:
1-thown an heal for more hp healed
2-nuked once for 30-40dmg your enemy
3-haste for much better dps increase
4-ironskin for much better overall protecion than 10-15 more hp

Your teammate should hit around 20-25 times the enemy in the time the buff lasts to make it worth to cast, otherwise, while not being bad in absolute terms, it is not the best thing you could have done in that timeframe.

Honestly i haven't seen a SINGLE spellchanting buff casted during a PvP in 5 months, at least not in those i have been taking part nor in videos....if no one is using them, it should mean something i think
  • Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:57:41 pm by dariobrun