Skip to main content

Topic: Possible new player questions (Read 882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Possible new player questions
Reply #15
So i'm thinking about getting Darkfall. I just want to know what the population is? I'm not really fond of having a vast open world and there's like 1k players playing on prime time (prime time = when most players are logged in).

All joking aside (Fanboys and trolls alike) I'd not suggest anyone play DND right now.  Even if you live in EU things are pretty rough... and NA prime time may as well be a ghost town from what I've been hearing.

------------------

The population is in dire straights, and while that won't change unless new blood tries the game (And stays)... it just isn't worth the time investment at the moment regardless of how "cheap" DND is to buy. 

Do you really want to invest your time into an MMO without a future?

• I'm talking most likely out of business in 1 - 2 years struggling that entire time
  • 1 / 10 players that try it MAY decide to stick around... BEFORE they consider how low the population is

Darkfall has a unique something that no other MMO has managed to achieve in regards to combat... but without people (A large amount of people) to enjoy that with and the PvE being largely boring, what do you expect to do in the game?

-----------------------

I'll be called a hate troll for having said these things... but at the end of the day if you do decide to sink some money into DND you will likely walk away with a similar experience to mine and the rest of the 99% of people that choose not to play the game.

Best of luck, but my bet is if you do play you will have fun for a few weeks as you get wrapped up in how amazing the world of Agon can be before you just get bored of it all.  Is that worth the cost of entry?  Only you can decide.

P.S.  If you do try the game you should write about your experience here in the forums.  It would be great feedback and a worthy topic to watch.

• Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:03:33 am by KevinDL

Reply #16
So i'm thinking about getting Darkfall. I just want to know what the population is? I'm not really fond of having a vast open world and there's like 1k players playing on prime time (prime time = when most players are logged in).

All joking aside (Fanboys and trolls alike) I'd not suggest anyone play DND right now.  Even if you live in EU things are pretty rough... and NA prime time may as well be a ghost town from what I've been hearing.

------------------

The population is in dire straights, and while that won't change unless new blood tries the game (And stays)... it just isn't worth the time investment at the moment regardless of how "cheap" DND is to buy. 

• I'm talking most likely out of business in 1 - 2 years struggling that entire time
  • 1 / 10 players that try it MAY decide to stick around... BEFORE they consider how low the population is

Darkfall has a unique something that no other MMO has managed to achieve in regards to combat... but without people (A large amount of people) to enjoy that with and the PvE being largely boring, what do you expect to do in the game?

-----------------------

I'll be called a hate troll for having said these things... but at the end of the day if you do decide to sink some money into DND you will likely walk away with a similar experience to mine and the rest of the 99% of people that choose not to play the game.

Best of luck, but my bet is if you do play you will have fun for a few weeks as you get wrapped up in how amazing the world of Agon can be before you just get bored of it all.

Just the fact this guy would bother to write a dissertation on why not to play should tell you something about him.

Reply #17

------------------

-----------------------

Best of luck, but my bet is if you do play you will have fun for a few weeks as you get wrapped up in how amazing the world of Agon can be before you just get bored of it all.

Just the fact this guy would bother to write a dissertation on why not to play should tell you something about him.
just the fact this guy is retarded enough to die to battlespikes should tell you alot about him

@op there isnt 1k players and there isnt anything to do besides pve travel a fuckton and pvp, good luck if you try it
or you can consider me a troll because i give my honest opinion but its a negative one, after playing the game for 4 months
  • Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:04:07 am by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #18
You forgot Doggo as well, who is likely Pat.

Reply #19
The hours of enjoyment you get for 10 bucks is well worth time played.

The amount of people in this thread who aren't currently playing the game ( some of them for months) but can't seem to leave the forums and feel the need to try to give you an opinion about why you shouldn't play a game that's changed more in the last month that it has at launch should tell you all you need to know about their opinion

Reply #20
I got my 10 bucks worth today in one bloody day.

Two of us went from Ork lands down to Rubi to hit 3 VCP's.

Too late on the first one, lost a fight at the second, took the 3rd one naked.
Went back and grabbed our mounts from near the second one, rode up through elf lands.

Got about 40k in med points from the VCP and about a dozen chaos chests, and rode triumphant back into Naegur wearing just our vendor bought Khamset helmets lol.

Fuck I can't buy a decent lunch for $10, today was great fun.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #21

Went back and grabbed our mounts from near the second one, rode up through elf lands.

Got about 40k in med points from the VCP and about a dozen chaos chests, and rode triumphant back into Naegur wearing just our vendor bought Khamset helmets lol.

That's what you consider a fun day?

I have little respect for money in general, but that doesn't sound worth my time let alone $10

Hell I wouldn't even do that if you PAID me 10 dollars. You ran all over the map for hours and got ONE fight, which you then LOST

You must be the type of person who enjoys single player games if that was fun to you

Reply #22

I have little respect for money in general, but that doesn't sound worth my time let alone $10

Hell I wouldn't even do that if you PAID me 10 dollars. You ran all over the map for hours and got ONE fight, which you then LOST

You must be the type of person who enjoys single player games if that was fun to you

Nope, have not enjoyed a single player game since I discovered Ultima Online in 1997.
Ok maybe Skyrim.

And yeh I had a great time because I had fun talking to the person I went down there with.
You know, like a road trip.
Helps to have great clan mates, maybe that's your problem.

Might be time you reassessed a few things if you can't see why that was fun.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #23

Nope, have not enjoyed a single player game since I discovered Ultima Online in 1997.
Ok maybe Skyrim.

And yeh I had a great time because I had fun talking to the person I went down there with.
You know, like a road trip.
Helps to have great clan mates, maybe that's your problem.

Might be time you reassessed a few things if you can't see why that was fun.

Not everyone defines what "fun" is the same way you would.

------------------

-----------------------

The guy / gal asked for opinions and I openly gave mine.  Sorry not everyone enjoys playing poorly designed MMOs that so happen to have decent combat (Provided you have a decent ping) and has so little activity an average PvP encounter has less people than a gun fight in PUBG or Fortnite. 

The Darkfall brand is ruined after 4 terrible launches, no amount of patching will save this sinking ship.  If I can save a guy a bit of money that to me sounds like the best thing I could do.  That said, the OP needs to decide for himself.

Reply #24
Kind of funny that people with negative opinions are perceived as the ones that have some sort of agenda. While in reality it's the other way around. Positive opinions on current DND state are thick with agenda. Obviously people who say that DND is fine are saying it to lure few more in. For their benefit. As even they can't respond to OP with "yes, we have 1k plying in prime time". As we have few hundreds total. Maybe 100-200 in prime time if it's a good day. And they know it.

The Darkfall brand is ruined after 4 terrible launches
Well, not sure if it's ruined, but it does not look good. Ub3rgames fucked us all hard with a "launch". "Launch" that was so bad, that they do not even take money after this "launch" for the game time. They are the only ones to blame and they know it. Fanboys know it too. But they have hidden agenda. "We need moderation!", "it's community's fault!", "pay, join us!". So fucking easy now to show what the game is like. Start making videos, show us and potential new players this mythical activity and fun you are having if you want to help the game.
  • Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:20:30 pm by wildNothing

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #25
Start making videos, show us and potential new players this mythical activity and fun you are having if you want to help the game.

Why bitter on the passing of such responsibility ?

Do it yourself ?

Reply #26
Start making videos, show us and potential new players this mythical activity and fun you are having if you want to help the game.

Do it yourself ?
I am the one saying that ub3r fucked up and the game is barely holding on. When I log into DND there is barely anything to show. You want me to post videos of empty server? How is it supposed to help? People that say they have fun should post videos, if they really want to help the game, and not just lure some more for their benefit by typing imaginary stories on forum.

Noone said that media section is reserved for pvp videos. Post whatever, daily, weekly, to show how fun DND is. Or maybe you guys are just lying? To us and to yourselves?
  • Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:31:55 pm by wildNothing

Reply #27

You can hardly belittle someone for what they percieve to be fun to them....each to their own and all. I'm sure you have some dumb fucking things IRL that you might find fun but he doesn't. Very odd comment.

Back to the thread, as someone mentioned, it's cheap as shit and no subscription cost! you will get your moneys worth and hopefully have fun while playing!

That is if you enjoy twitch based/FPS combat.

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28

Do it yourself ?
I am the one saying that ub3r fucked up and the game is barely holding on. When I log into DND there is barely anything to show. You want me to post videos of empty server? How is it supposed to help? People that say they have fun should post videos, if they really want to help the game, and not just lure some more for their benefit by typing imaginary stories on forum.

Noone said that media section is reserved for pvp videos. Post whatever, daily, weekly, to show how fun DND is. Or maybe you guys are just lying? To us and to yourselves?

Join an active clan then and post videos of sieges and pvp.

Ill make sure to do it myself whenever I can too

Reply #29
@KevinDL You sit in discord day in and day out, month after month, in addition to posting on this forum, repeating yourself ad nauseam. On an unsavable, sinking ship of a game at that. Maybe it's time to move on?
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ