Skip to main content

Topic: Game Update 2.1: Necromancy and signature spells (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Update 2.1: Necromancy and signature spells
Reply #135
@Ivar_theBoneless

The blind of eye rot is the same, the damage was severely nerfed by making it unholy instead of bleeding.

@Ub3rgames

You have 2 schools you can compare necro to, earth and arcane as they both don't have a knock up on spells. Earth has the long range and higher damage with 20% stam drain nuke spam, whilst arcane has 40% mana drain with better bolt and now better signature spells. Leaving necro in the dust. It needs A, more damage to compete with earth or B, more leech.

Let's go boys.

Doesn't the spell effect scale with the damage done? You do more knock up with Fireball the more damage you do. For eye rot, blind is the spells effect so because it's doing less damage it should technically have a shorter blind which seems like an unintended Nerf

It scales with magnitude not damage which also scales with magnitude so you can change damage without changing magnitude

Reply #136
@Ivar_theBoneless

The blind of eye rot is the same, the damage was severely nerfed by making it unholy instead of bleeding.

@Ub3rgames

You have 2 schools you can compare necro to, earth and arcane as they both don't have a knock up on spells. Earth has the long range and higher damage with 20% stam drain nuke spam, whilst arcane has 40% mana drain with better bolt and now better signature spells. Leaving necro in the dust. It needs A, more damage to compete with earth or B, more leech.

Let's go boys.

Doesn't the spell effect scale with the damage done? You do more knock up with Fireball the more damage you do. For eye rot, blind is the spells effect so because it's doing less damage it should technically have a shorter blind which seems like an unintended Nerf

It scales with magnitude not damage which also scales with magnitude so you can change damage without changing magnitude

Let's unblock Mick and see what he has to add [drumroll] that's basically what the other guy implied, but when you debuff somebody vs the correct protection you can increase the duration/ effectiveness of the secondary affects which would imply it's being affected by protections. I guess we'll have to do some testing unless @Ub3rgames wants to clear this up?

Reply #137
@Ivar_theBoneless

@Ub3rgames

Let's go boys.

but when you debuff somebody vs the correct protection you can increase the duration/ effectiveness of the secondary affects

Since when, I have never observed this myself. So if I debuff you for fire you will bounce higher?

Reply #138
Never seen any change in secondary effects duration or magnitude after a debuff either...but i have never done any "serious" testing indeed so i am not 100% sure.

Reply #139
Game Update 2.1:
Wall of Force has mostly been bug fixed, with its area of effect and visuals now matching more accurately. Others have been fixed in the same way, but this should be the most noticeable.
The other arcane field aoe, "holy fire" or whatever, has a giant area of effect radius but small visual to the animation when leveled.  I.e.: can hit like 75% of a VCP If cast at the center, and the visual is about the size of a small bindstone.  Seems like the spells aoe visual doesn't match that spells magnitude.  In other news, I never knew wall of force was so big.
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:56:38 pm by Mordisk

Reply #140
Game Update 2.1:
Wall of Force has mostly been bug fixed, with its area of effect and visuals now matching more accurately. Others have been fixed in the same way, but this should be the most noticeable.
The other arcane field aoe, "holy fire" or whatever, has a giant area of effect radius but small visual to the animation when leveled.  I.e.: can hit like 75% of a VCP If cast at the center, and the visual is about the size of a small bindstone.  Seems like the spells aoe visual doesn't match the spell magnitude.  In other news, I never knew wall of force was so big.
There's a discrepancy in actual AoE size vs visual animation for all/most Field AoE spells.
I hope @Ub3rgames fixes it at some point.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #141
If im not mistaken, wall of fire would visually disappear after a second unless you were inside it. 

Reply #142
@Ivar_theBoneless

@Ub3rgames

Let's go boys.

but when you debuff somebody vs the correct protection you can increase the duration/ effectiveness of the secondary affects

Since when, I have never observed this myself. So if I debuff you for fire you will bounce higher?

I'm not sure about fired knock up I just know in my notes when I was asking them about some of the debuff Spells that would take your base protections past zero it would scale the secondary. I'll post it later today when I'm free

Reply #143
From my testing the blind is the same. Easy to test with a naked vs a guy in full plate.

Reply #144
From my testing the blind is the same. Easy to test with a naked vs a guy in full plate.

Your right, it was a language thing on what is considered secondary effects and curse/ malediction debuffs

Reply #145

@mycke -little follow up, this is what I was referring too, patch 3.13 the magic overall~

The Great Magic Overhaul:
 This is the meat of this patch. We have reworked nearly everything about the magic system to have the secondary effects of spells also scale with magnitude.

Historically, secondary effects were only tied to the level of spells, increasing step by step every 25 levels. Now, Area of effects, graphical effects, displacement effects, duration and blind effects will all be tied to the same factors affecting damage calculations.[/u]
The status quo of what spells used to do at level 75 is set around using a basic bone armor with a medium speed medium rank staff. Anything above is buffed, anything below is nerfed.
The only exceptions to this are blinds and wall of force, which are nerfed with encumbrance but have not been buffed beyond their previous values.
The way encumbrance and gear affects secondary effects is different than for damage.
Encumbrance is frontloaded for secondary effects....",

I read that literally and since your targets protections I assumed are part of the "damage calculation" lol but I'm guessing they mean prior to applying "your" damage calculation to the targets protections for the final damage calculation... but like everything else, I'm finding after reading and comparing whats in game, the interpretation of what's written and what they really mean are usually two different things and very convoluted.

• Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:07:27 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #146
I am not a native english speaker and, honestly, by reading that i didn't even think about target's protections....to me it was clear that the dmg calculations are just what determine the potential dmg you will do...which will then be reduced by the protections of the target (and in the case of knock ups by its encumberance).
But maybe it is just because i am not a native english speaker (just like devs are not either) that it sounded pretty clear, though :D

Reply #147
I am not a native english speaker and, honestly, by reading that i didn't even think about target's protections....to me it was clear that the dmg calculations are just what determine the potential dmg you will do...which will then be reduced by the protections of the target (and in the case of knock ups by its encumberance).
But maybe it is just because i am not a native english speaker (just like devs are not either) that it sounded pretty clear, though :D

No Ivar is always wrong, like its uncanny how he misunderstands everything, but its just the way it is.

Reply #148

No Ivar is always wrong, like its uncanny how he misunderstands everything, but its just the way it is.
its the same with you and dario. the 3 dumb old men of dnd.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #149
Abbo calling other people dumb #irony