Skip to main content

Topic: Stat Gain? (Read 306 times) previous topic - next topic

• Lockz
  • [*]
Stat Gain?
Any plans to make this different from DF1? Used to live in Dayar (<---That doesn't look like it's spelled right) and we used to just swim in our own private pool for weeks on end to get stats to 100. Do you plan to remove stat gain from certain activities, introduce anti-macro code, or?

Apologies if you already addressed this, haven't read through everything yet.

Re: Stat Gain?
Reply #1
We talked about macroing in our FAQ, but not yet about afk swimming.

We plan on removing stat gains on certain activities, like swimming. And remove gains from players on other actions to avoid bloodwalls.

However afk swimming and macroing were symptoms of a larger issue.

We will make our mob scaling feature and all our scale up modifiers impact stats as well.
Stats will all get the same diminishing return and progressive growth than health received. No steps at 100.
Debuffs will be fixed to impact stats more on a high end characters to serve as a player skill based power gap reducing feature.
Quests, both repeatable or not, will give out meditation points and we will expand the system to every skill and stats.

Villages and war fronts will also provide PvP based sources of meditation points. The ambition being that players should be able to raise their character through PvP only. It will be slower but at least possible for those disliking PvE.

We believe that all those ways to remove the need will also resolve macroing and adequately replace afk swimming.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Zeb
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Swimming was the poor mans meditation, with what you guys are doing I dont think afk macroing will be an issue for long..

Reply #3
Swimming was the poor mans meditation, with what you guys are doing I dont think afk macroing will be an issue for long..

Yeah "swimming in the walls" for stat gain  was very expensive for my electricity bills ;-)
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General