Skip to main content

Topic: What is the official view on RED players? (Read 1496 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What is the official view on RED players?
Reply #30
What about the opposite of this racial war focus?
Right now you choose a race and you are blocked from 50% of the content, be it dwarf cities or orc spawns.

Why not make all race cities peaceful and accessible for everyone?
As a blue you would have access to greater geographic area to avoid Reds.
As a Blue you would have access to inter city trading.
As a Red you would have the possibility to raid caravans.

Racial wars could certainly still exist, with Warfronts as free for all (race spesiffic) kills.

DF is a pvp focused game, making it theme-park is just going to put it inn a position where its inferior to other theme-parks.
Of course the skilled based FPS pvp is something unique, but frankly, we should not overestimate this strength in competition with other games.

Reply #31
What about the opposite of this racial war focus?
Right now you choose a race and you are blocked from 50% of the content, be it dwarf cities or orc spawns.

Why not make all race cities peaceful and accessible for everyone?
As a blue you would have access to greater geographic area to avoid Reds.
As a Blue you would have access to inter city trading.
As a Red you would have the possibility to raid caravans.

Racial wars could certainly still exist, with Warfronts as free for all (race spesiffic) kills.

DF is a pvp focused game, making it theme-park is just going to put it inn a position where its inferior to other theme-parks.
Of course the skilled based FPS pvp is something unique, but frankly, we should not overestimate this strength in competition with other games.
There's a DF game that already tried it... became just a mindless goalless gankfest.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
reading through this thread. (the first page cos i think reading more will give me an aneurysm) i seriously wonder

when did the darkfall community become so carebear?

or is it just that all carebears that ever set a foot into darkfall united under the New Dawn Fanclub banner now starting some weird kind of "Make Agon Carebear" campaign.

should there be disadvantages to it? sure but that would have to be disadvantages that cant be solved by having a blue alt. from there its a very thin line between giving them disadvantages that matter enough to make it a challenging playstyle that only few will want to embrace and making it a straight up non viable playstyle that no1 will want to deal with. the latter would be very bad for the game.

Reds are part of the game. they always been. they should be and aslong as all the disadvantages can be circumvented with a blue alt they will be. deal with it or play a game where you cant be attacked by your own race/faction. (literally any other MMO on the market pretty much)

Reply #33

This is nonsense logic, with this logic, without race wars you are blocked from 100% of the content.

You also keep ignoring the fact that there are plenty of racial enemies, plenty of people red to you, you don't need entire map free for all but if you really want to be evil race traitor then that could still be optional but extremely difficult, it should be the ultimate, not the easiest choice.
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #34
30 days of praying is too generous.  Reds should have unlimited negative alignment.  It's too easy to gather up med points and gold then take a break from active play for a month.  Going red should be a serious, permanent commitment, not an occasional diversion every few months.   

Oh fuck off. Logging out for a month is too easy? How can you possibly come to that conclusion? Why don't we just ban people for PvP while we're at it?

Relax turbo, no one is truly advocating for such a harsh treatment of players.

Maximum negative alignment at 100 is perfect. It is punishing enough, but also gives a path out. However, anyone reaching 100 negative alignment most likely knows what they are doing and want to play the role of the bad guy anyways.

That's literally what his post said.

Hence the reason I clarify by typing no one is TRULY advocating. He is obviously just stating an opinion, not a definitive change that is going to implemented..

I'm responding to his opinion. I clearly never claimed that it was a definitive change. In the future you should just admit when you're wrong and move forward amicably. It will help you grow as a person.

Reply #35
DF is and always have been a mindless goalless gankfest. Its actually a credit to how good DF is, that it has been able to survive so long without goals, as have been put.
Not sure if the games mentioned are DFUW or DFROA.
DFUW I tried, but because it was forcing a play-style on me as well as no chaos cities to live in, I QQed,
ROA, seriously, didnt even try. 

No, I don't believe a "conquest only" "racial war" focus will provide any goals to the kind of players that play DF.
We are hardcore players who want full loot and consequences. 
When someone call us names, we want the possibility to invade their lands or maybe even take their city away, we don't care what race their big mouths are.

The only thing that would make DF have goals is to make equipment valuable.
Why should everyone run around with the highest ranked equipment?
Why should everything be so easily accessible for everyone?
There is no joy in treasure, and using the highest ranked stuff does not give you a pvp advantage with the risk of huge loss, your just like everyone else.
There is no pleasure from crafting the best stuff. Honestly it should take months to make the ultimate great-sword, both requiring lots of resources and time searching for them. The item should be priceless and the makers and owners should be famous for it.
This is why I support DFND, because it seems the developers are trying to address the problem of things being worthless.
(although still not there yet)

But draining meditation points from reds on death and destroying loot only hurts the PVP.
1. No loot, so why try loot someone? I will be forced to play a crafting alt to get equipment, and the only thing left is the fun of killing, which frankly is really boring when its not in an overall player made context (which is not arranged).
For kills I can simply play WOT.
2. To progress in skills I cannot ever afford to fight someone unless I am 100% sure that I will win. I will have to avoid any situation where I am outnumbered and I can  only try kill the weakest players in Darkfall.

I'd rather say, lets have a fun gank-fest with goals and rewards!

Anyway, I don't think I have anything more to contribute towards a solution that satisfies everyone, and I am not saying that I am "right". Thanks for all the thoughtful replies, so far, that made this thread a constructive discussion, and lets see what the developers pull out of their hat.

Reply #36
make Reds not be allowed in clans.

Make reds not be able to trade blues.

Done.  Enjoy being criminal.

Want to push racial wars, well there you go.

Also make marketplaces outside towers in certain areas where you can force red players to go to play out of like bucs den or yew bank if you played uo.

Some of the worst ideas I ever read on this forum , gratz.

If anything reds need more content , like a mini hub/cities.

Reply #37
We do, we have chaos cities with black markets.

If anything we need to get some heat off our backs.
So the developers can polish the economy, make the high end stuff more valuable and less accessible, in order to make loot interesting, instead of wasting time on alignment changes.
  • Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:20:29 pm by Cyborgmuppet

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38
lets see what the developers pull out of their hat.

They have already showed us whats in the hat, you can read all about it here;

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,579.0.html

and here;

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/game-info/

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #39
No need to go red while you can just farm stupid orkish afk mining noobs near Flaming Skull for ez money xD