Skip to main content

Topic: What about global chat? (Read 581 times) previous topic - next topic

What about global chat?
I think its a must . Racial chat was too boring if you were anything but human because of the low population.
  • Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:00:46 pm by Aselding

Re: What about global chat?
Reply #1
With the importance they are putting on racial choices and alignment, it doesnt really make sense that people from the Human/Dwarf/Mirdain alliance will be talking to Orks/Mahirim etc.

Global chat was complete aids in UW, and just a tool used to talk shit/boost epeen.

Reply #2
With the importance they are putting on racial choices and alignment, it doesnt really make sense that people from the Human/Dwarf/Mirdain alliance will be talking to Orks/Mahirim etc.

Global chat was complete aids in UW, and just a tool used to talk shit/boost epeen.

If the game's population is not in a high standard , then being an alfar pretty much feels like you re playing a dead game.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I vote no to global chat but world messages only (x clan win a siege, y village can be captured, etc...).

Chat should be area only, whisper, party, clan and alliances. Chat bubbles are a must for sociality and proper communication between same race players, hopefully they will implement in DF1 too.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #4

+1

I vote aswell for:

No Global Chat!

DND will be a game with strict local banksystem - and regional warfare. They should go to the system we had at the release in 2009.

Area Chat only - Alfar Area - Ork/Mahirim Area - Mirdain/Dwarfs/Human Area

No Communication is the best. Just with your Homies in VoIP the rest is Adrinalin and knowing nothing whats going on 3km from you.

The other thing is:

It prevent the globalspawn by idiots- "game dead, game shit, quit all you bastards.. only 10 people only..go playing and join NA"- maybe he can spam this in the orklands.. but maybe alfarlands, mirdain lands and humanlands are pretty alive.. (i hope you got it)
  • Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:15:35 pm by Godking Melek
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

• Rallos
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
I would lean towards no global chat. While I wasn't a negative player and I enjoyed talking with others, it doesn't serve a purpose. If you want to talk, go join the biggest city.

Hopefully with the changes to cities and alignment, there will actually be "public" player cities now.

Reply #6
We also lean towards no global chat.
We may keep it for a while to help organize testing, but then we'll remove it.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #7
Or, global chat while only in an npc city.  Global chat was good for people to advertise their wares to the world.  Unless Uber has a system that advertise ware across the globe, i vote yes to keep global chat.
  • Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:33:20 pm by Rethgar

Reply #8
Or, global chat while only in an npc city.  Global chat was good for people to advertise their wares to the world.  Unless Uber has a system that advertise ware across the globe, i vot yes to keep global chat.

Well Racial Alliance, Race and Trade chat were all open to you if you stayed Blue, one of the perks and would only go to encourage something the Devs want to actually mean something in this game.

If you are a race murderer it makes sense that you lose out on this tool imo.

Reply #9

So how will trade work then? In DFO spamming Trade chat and Global chat with things you had for sale helped alot. Yeah the market is fine in NPC cities but what if you want to outright sell something without the tax that the market puts on your items? I feel some kind of global or trade chat should stay in-game.

Reply #10

So how will trade work then? In DFO spamming Trade chat and Global chat with things you had for sale helped alot. Yeah the market is fine in NPC cities but what if you want to outright sell something without the tax that the market puts on your items? I feel some kind of global or trade chat should stay in-game.

For one to one trade, it will be about social interactions and knowing a guy that knows a guy and setting deals with them at the individual level. It should give meaning to creating trade guilds with known contacts to get in touch and put people in relation.

And on the other hand, it makes the bulk of the trade go through NPCs which maintain a constant gold sink in the economy.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.