Skip to main content

Topic: Why do YOU think Ub3rgames is so silent? (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Why do YOU think Ub3rgames is so silent?
Reply #15
France has become a total shit hole lately, maybe even worse than Greece during the original Darkfall launch

Ub3r probably got culturally enriched by aloha snackbars or is out in the streets rioting

Are you from the UK ?
He's from Trump-land
France has become a total shit hole lately, maybe even worse than Greece during the original Darkfall launch

Ub3r probably got culturally enriched by aloha snackbars or is out in the streets rioting

Are you from the UK ?
He's from Trump-land

Ah yes, "Shithole".

I shouldve known.

Double Lol then.

Reply #16
My take: the funding or manpower to do further development doesn't exist.  Based on some statements in the past, they have free hosting, so they might as well leave the game up for whatever revenue might trickle in.  Marc, perhaps the only person left, has probably been working on design documents and a new business plan to raise more cash.

Given that virtually no MMRPGs recover in this situation, I can only hope there can be some kind of transition to a community run non-profit entity.  More likely however is a random overnight shut down with a one line explanation.

Reply #17
My take: the funding or manpower to do further development doesn't exist.  Based on some statements in the past, they have free hosting, so they might as well leave the game up for whatever revenue might trickle in.  Marc, perhaps the only person left, has probably been working on design documents and a new business plan to raise more cash.

Given that virtually no MMRPGs recover in this situation, I can only hope there can be some kind of transition to a community run non-profit entity.  More likely however is a random overnight shut down with a one line explanation.

I think New Dawn (and RoA) now that I've stepped back a bit should be thought of less like a commercially run game and more of a "project" like Project 1999 the EQ emulated server.  The similarities are much closer- they have Developers that work off donations, population was pretty low when it's started (minus the launch pop) and while they patch constantly- communication is sporadic, and things take a long time to get updated. It also ran the first year or so under threat of shutdown before finally get an official response from Sony

Reply #18

Are you from the UK ?
He's from Trump-land

Are you from the UK ?
He's from Trump-land

Ah yes, "Shithole".

I shouldve known.

Double Lol then.

Coming from a eurotrash that's probably never been out of his ethnically segregated neighborhood. Your continent is trash, if it wasn't why were your ancestors in such a hurry to leave?
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #19
Oh wait I forgot, all the smart, hard working, brave, adventurist , or rich Europeans left that continent generations ago. That's why its such a cesspool now
  • Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:34:05 am by cutsmyself
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

Reply #20
There is no ubergames. This is all a psychological experiment testing to see how online communities degrade under circumstances of uncertainty.

Good news is, we all get a cookie!
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #21
They will talk to us when they have something to say. In the meantime, the game is running, so play or don't. We will hear from them eventually.

Reply #22
They will talk to us when they have something to say. In the meantime, the game is running, so play or don't. We will hear from them eventually.

The absolute definition of a hardcore cuck right here.
Dog

Reply #23

I'm going to say due to their lack of response yesterday, no we will not be hearing from them and the server will be shutting down at the end Jan without a word.

when I messaged @ub3rgames trying to warn them saying "hey they are one step away from phishing-malewar injecting your forum page if they haven't already" yesterday, they couldn't even be bothered to get back to me.

FYI- if your forum login is close-matches your ND or RoA game login you better change it.

Either way I'm out. When I saw that yesterday and literally said 'oh shit' but couldn't get a hold of anybody- I'm done. Fucking beyond irresponsible

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Hope Ub3r manage to get out from this difficult situation and back to fully develop the game, i still have faith and i continue to lurk the forum (and sometimes the game too).
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #25
Oh wait I forgot, all the smart, hard working, brave, adventurist , or rich Europeans left that continent generations ago. That's why its such a cesspool now
Why would the rich move?
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #26
I'm going to say due to their lack of response yesterday, no we will not be hearing from them and the server will be shutting down at the end Jan without a word.

when I messaged @ub3rgames trying to warn them saying "hey they are one step away from phishing-malewar injecting your forum page if they haven't already" yesterday, they couldn't even be bothered to get back to me.

I mailed them two weeks ago offering 10 developing hours per week for free until I fixed the bind-stone quest, then I could see if I could donate more time. I said that I feel I should be able to do a simple version of it in one month. No response. Mailed them 1 week ago asking for a confirm or deny, no response.

I offered up my credentials in my field which are quite good and also offered them multiple ways out to feel safe. I.e. not full source code (only what I'm working on), DND agreement, work tests, remote monitoring. I obviously didn't offer my forum account since I've been a vocal shithead (didn't want that to color the initial decision) but also said that if they wanted to proceed I'll give them my IP and details to forum and ingame so they could vet me. If they passed on me after vetting my behavior I could understand that they didn't want any help, but they didn't.

So yeah, them answering isn't really looking good, at least not me. This is underlined to me by the fact that I wanted to donate time that is worth $4k/month (In my country, assume France is similar) which I consider to be somewhat substantial. I guess it could to some extend have with how I formulated my email, I'm kind of emotionless and fact based, but I doubt that.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #27
The quality of posts in here has improved hugely over the last couple days
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.