• No, i still belive in them
    26 (30.6%)
  • Who cares about them? Still waiting when this project dies
    15 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Topic: Faith (Read 1738 times) previous topic - next topic

Faith
Who still have faith to @Ub3rgames ?

That they will make a patch early next week but late september or atleast make a post?

Re: Faith
Reply #1
Trust them? Yeah I guess. Satisfied with their work and progress? Not at all.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Until they say otherwise and the server is up and running the game is still in development and active, so yes, i voted NO. There is indeed some issues and something came up but i think they are trying their best, when they think is time to update us about this matter i'm sure they will.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
They could be coding.
They may not be.

Problem is, we have no fuckin idea.

So if you're still playing, you're very hopeful.
If you're still on these forums you're very hopeful.

TBH this is as BAD as AV. But I'm sure others are with me when I say I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT BUD.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #4
How could anyone trust a company that could fail on a promised deliverable, and then still not have said a peep one month later?  Honestly perplexed.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #5
Didn't select any choice because there isn't any choice how I feel.

So do I trust that they are still working on the game?
-Ye I believe they are, since they gain nothing by saying they are working on the game and not doing it since they ain't charging any money atm and only way to get subs on they need to make that patch.

So do I believe they will get patch done?
-In that I've some what lost hope and it has shown in my activity In game. Currently I would need to do some not so exiting stuff in game like xfering my bank to new location, farm some mats etc. And I just can't bring myself to do it atm since I dont trust that games gonna be around much longer.

Now I do hope game survives and that they can pull them selves out of this deep hole they've got them selves into but atm I just can't get myself to play much unless I hear something new from them.
Viil Taja

Reply #6
Not entirely sure how you believe they are working on the game but can't get patch done. They seem to be conflicting statements but maybe you mean finish the patch while there is a game to save.

There is a lot of different reasons to why they would not be honest with what they are doing or whats going on. I'm not saying that is the case but think things through and decide for yourself. Most people are not good people, and even if they are good people, everyone has flaws. How could anyone possibly believe they have the same interest as you/we do, that is almost never the case. If you are lucky, your interests align. I mean what is the chance that anyone can be clueless enough not to know about a legal process in their own country, against their own company, before a forum of random people finds out? I can't remember when that process was started, but that "vacation" has always seems suspicious to me.

Here you got some examples:
  • They can't give up official because they are having legal troubles. Giving up would most likely restart the liquidation process and lead to court because then they no longer have a "valuable asset" and nothing to bargain with.
  • They might be negotiating with another company to take this over since they cant handle it, looks better while its still alive.
  • It looks better on your CV if a company dies after you leave.
  • Admitting failure is hard, far from everyone can do it.
  • Every little bit of money helps, new subs and new alts brings some amount of money.

Point is that I can keep going. Not saying any of this is true, just saying "we are working" doesn't mean shit when we don't don't see the result or any type of status update.

But hey, its all good cause there is a GM in game that says it is all good. Why would anyone in the world ever lie about anything.
Regards,
Kretyns()

Reply #7
I have just subbed. I come from games like MO and other full drop loot. This game is amazing. But, to subb and in the very next day to read all of this turned me off totaly about the game. Cannot invest into something that dies. They should make people aware of this and not make publicity for a game that has this huge issues...This is not fair for everyone. This game deserves more then their present lack of respect. What a great game and what a shame !...

Reply #8
I have just subbed. I come from games like MO and other full drop loot. This game is amazing. But, to subb and in the very next day to read all of this turned me off totaly about the game. Cannot invest into something that dies. They should make people aware of this and not make publicity for a game that has this huge issues...This is not fair for everyone. This game deserves more then their present lack of respect. What a great game and what a shame !...

why would you sub without looking at the forums first? Your own fault tbh pal.

I would request a refund immediately or chargeback on your creditcard
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #9
You are right that is my fault :D ill play probably a bit more to see how the game was. But thats about it. Have fun everyone !

Reply #10
Before launch, lots of community interaction, updates, and passion for the game and community.

After launch, all of that is gone and every conversation was Marc putting his foot in his mouth.

Ya, I lost my faith in Ub3r making New Dawn into a successful remake of an amazing game.

My expectations now are trickled in small patches, enough pop to keep them afloat and yet another darkfall eventually ending in a sour note.

While the financial issues aren't our concern, they do tell me ub3r will never invest into new dawn and treat it like a real game. This will forever be their garage pet project.

I lost faith but have hopes. Just like American politics.
85% /s

Reply #11
Before launch, lots of community interaction, updates, and passion for the game and community.

After launch, all of that is gone and every conversation was Marc putting his foot in his mouth.

Ya, I lost my faith in Ub3r making New Dawn into a successful remake of an amazing game.

My expectations now are trickled in small patches, enough pop to keep them afloat and yet another darkfall eventually ending in a sour note.

While the financial issues aren't our concern, they do tell me ub3r will never invest into new dawn and treat it like a real game. This will forever be their garage pet project.

I lost faith but have hopes. Just like American politics.
It was bizarre seeing how they went from chatty to complete silence and AAA studio behaviour "we don't need to speak to you".
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
Not entirely sure how you believe they are working on the game but can't get patch done. They seem to be conflicting statements but maybe you mean finish the patch while there is a game to save.

There is a lot of different reasons to why they would not be honest with what they are doing or whats going on. I'm not saying that is the case but think things through and decide for yourself. Most people are not good people, and even if they are good people, everyone has flaws. How could anyone possibly believe they have the same interest as you/we do, that is almost never the case. If you are lucky, your interests align. I mean what is the chance that anyone can be clueless enough not to know about a legal process in their own country, against their own company, before a forum of random people finds out? I can't remember when that process was started, but that "vacation" has always seems suspicious to me.

Here you got some examples:
  • They can't give up official because they are having legal troubles. Giving up would most likely restart the liquidation process and lead to court because then they no longer have a "valuable asset" and nothing to bargain with.
  • They might be negotiating with another company to take this over since they cant handle it, looks better while its still alive.
  • It looks better on your CV if a company dies after you leave.
  • Admitting failure is hard, far from everyone can do it.
  • Every little bit of money helps, new subs and new alts brings some amount of money.

Point is that I can keep going. Not saying any of this is true, just saying "we are working" doesn't mean shit when we don't don't see the result or any type of status update.

But hey, its all good cause there is a GM in game that says it is all good. Why would anyone in the world ever lie about anything.

Well currently they are goin all the time more in debt with servers running and costing money and if they don't have any plan to actually patch the game and get it to subscription phase there is very little sense keep the server running.

I suppose it could be they are trying to get some one to buy it or invest in it so they need to keep server running but even then I would assume they would try to get ahead with the patch too since it would be easier to get some one to buy it or invest in it if they could show some income too.

Seems pointless to keep servers running with out any work being done to get it more ready either for subs or for some one to buy it. Now it just creates more debt if there truly isn't anything being done for the game from their end. For this reason I do believe they are working on it but they probably have their hands full of things to do considering all that is going on. And they might never get to patch before server is forced to shut down.

I'm not thinking this from perspective how I feel they should be doing it - I'm just watching it from perspective why keep servers running and use time to GM game that you ain't gonna develop to phase where you can get some money for it. Would be smarter to just plug out server and stop the debt from building any bigger since with out any work done for the game it can never get any better for them.
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:24:48 pm by MKH
Viil Taja

Reply #13
It is a fair point that server cost will with all probability increases faster than money coming in from new players, thing is, we don't know what they are paying for their servers or how much (little?) money get in from new subscriptions. We don't even know if the server costs matter at all in this equation. I also think it is a good point that it would be easier for them to string us along if they patched, but like I said so many times before, I suspect that they are not very good at their jobs as programmers. I have no clue about this patch, it might come soon and it might not come before the servers are shut down.

-Ye I believe they are, since they gain nothing by saying they are working on the game and not doing it since they ain't charging any money atm and only way to get subs on they need to make that patch.

My response was mainly related to this. I was just pointing out the fact that there is a lot of reasons not to tell the truth and if anyone sits and thinks a bit I'm quite sure they can come up with of a lot better reasons than the ones I managed to listed within 1 min. It took longer to do the formatting for the list.

We also don't know the bankruptcy laws in their country for their type of corporation. In my country, those server costs wouldn't mean shit and no one could actually be able to do anything in regards to the payments they have withed. This, to my knowledge, only applies to one specific type of corporate structure. This isn't my field of expertise though.

So, as always, we don't know anything since uber doesn't say anything.

PS:
I voted #1 but I'm actually not sure this is representing what I think. I feel that this game will without a doubt die if they don't change their behavior in regards to this community. I also think that even if they change, chances are that it still might die because we might be at a to late state now and because their economy might be screwed. I am how ever still here, logging on the forums now and again, waiting for these zombies to come back to life.

PPS: Here is another scary situation.
They made a decent amount of money with the pre-sales, a lot of people seemed to have bought yearly subscriptions. Seems people are still buying subscriptions.

1) There is money.
2) They choose to not pay.
3) They pay the minimal amount they can to keep creditors away while paying themselves salary.
4) They keep this product alive so that the creditors thinks that there is a chance that they can pay their money back, in essence buying time. They also do this so they have a legal way to pay themselves salary.
5) When the amount of money they have left is gone, they declare bankruptcy and take down the servers.

Like I said man, it is pointless to speculate but there is one irrefutable fact. There is a lot of reasons for them not to tell us the truth about what is happening. To put it crudely, there is a lot of reasons for them to blatantly lie and tell us "We are working, patch is coming soon".
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:08:50 pm by makaveli
Regards,
Kretyns()

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
It is a fair point that server cost will with all probability increases faster than money coming in from new players, thing is, we don't know what they are paying for their servers or how much (little?) money get in from new subscriptions. We don't even know if the server costs matter at all in this equation. I also think it is a good point that it would be easier for them to string us along if they patched, but like I said so many times before, I suspect that they are not very good at their jobs as programmers. I have no clue about this patch, it might come soon and it might not come before the servers are shut down.

My response was mainly related to this. I was just pointing out the fact that there is a lot of reasons not to tell the truth and if anyone sits and thinks a bit I'm quite sure they can come up with of a lot better reasons than the ones I managed to listed within 1 min. It took longer to do the formatting for the list.

We also don't know the bankruptcy laws in their country for their type of corporation. In my country, those server costs wouldn't mean shit and no one could actually be able to do anything in regards to the payments they have withed. This, to my knowledge, only applies to one specific type of corporate structure. This isn't my field of expertise though.

So, as always, we don't know anything since uber doesn't say anything.

PS:
I voted #1 but I'm actually not sure this is representing what I think. I feel that this game will without a doubt die if they don't change their behavior in regards to this community. I also think that even if they change, chances are that it still might die because we might be at a to late state now and because their economy might be screwed. I am how ever still here, logging on the forums now and again, waiting for these zombies to come back to life.

PPS: Here is another scary situation.
They made a decent amount of money with the pre-sales, a lot of people seemed to have bought yearly subscriptions. Seems people are still buying subscriptions.

1) There is money.
2) They choose to not pay.
3) They pay the minimal amount they can to keep creditors away while paying themselves salary.
4) They keep this product alive so that the creditors thinks that there is a chance that they can pay their money back, in essence buying time. They also do this so they have a legal way to pay themselves salary.
5) When the amount of money they have left is gone, they declare bankruptcy and take down the servers.

Like I said man, it is pointless to speculate but there is one irrefutable fact. There is a lot of reasons for them not to tell us the truth about what is happening. To put it crudely, there is a lot of reasons for them to blatantly lie and tell us "We are working, patch is coming soon".

I told you why I feel how I feel. Never claimed I know as it it's very clear from my post. You then try to put words into my mouth which I haven't said. I fully agree they can just sit around trying to prolong this for what ever reason it might be but I just don't believe that is the case. I think they are working on the game since they chose to let servers run and GMs the game. I doubt they would waste time doing it if they had completely given up on the game. Even if you are searching for buyers trying to get investors it's working on the game. When you give up on it it's when you don't do anything for it but move your focus on other things.

So again, I'm not claiming I know how things are as it's very evident from the first post. I'm saying I believe they still work on the game and agaim see very little reasons to actually GM game youve other wise completely given up on. Now they can have given up on the game and just let the server run and for some reason stays GMing it but I just don't believe that is the case and the emphasis in on words "I believe" so I can respect your view I just don't agree with it.

One scenario I could understand them to run servers and GM game is if they had out side funder that pays them salaries but even then it would seem odd if they didn't work on game other than GM and just get money and also I find it hard to believe they actually would have outside funder who would at this point still be funding them and paying their salaries. But I suppose everything is possible.
  • Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:04:14 pm by MKH
Viil Taja