• I plan to keep using alts after subscription
    18 (20.9%)
  • I plan to stop using alts after subscription
    11 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Topic: Altfall DFO vs DND (Read 904 times) previous topic - next topic

Altfall DFO vs DND
Please answer accordingly.
Answer once between options 1-4, answer once more between options 5-6 if you own an alt.

**It's 2 votes if you own an alt**

If you had an alt in dfo, please respond with why.

If you didn't play DFO, please don't answer.
  • Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:03:23 pm by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Re: Altfall DFO vs DND
Reply #1
Ehhhh, i wanna vote. Doesnt uw count as well? Was way better than dfo trash anyway (no offense)!!! :P

Reply #2
just read UW instead of DFO and vote, same thing

Reply #3
I didn't play UW for more than a week or two after launch so i don't know.

I just know i never felt compelled to own alts in dfo, which i played every day.
85% /s

Reply #4
I had a single alt in DFO because they were actually more important back than compared to New Dawn. Resources were finite where is now I can roll up to any City node and hit it because of my personal resource pool.

The whole I can't craft because I want to PVP thing is so minor man. If this was a single player game or original DFO I could understand the "i want to do everything" but it's not. it's a multiplayer clan vs clan PVP Conquest game, you're not supposed to be able to one man Battalion everything.

Reply #5
I think over time people become more aware of the advantage with the years, but the question is does having a main account only feel good? If no, then there is a hole in the gameplay, and the solution to fill the hole is to buy an alt.

The thing that's really difficult to fix is direct advantage of having alts in high impact content like sieges, let's set aside the well known uses of alts. Imagine for a moment a super basic scenario with 2 players encountering each other in random PvP, one of the players having an extra character on stand by, he would have a clear advantage because he effectively has 2 health pools to work with and losing one character he can engage with the second character knowing he is now fighting a weakened enemy.

It sounds really far fetched but this is literally pay to win, and if you kept running into this scenario over and over you would eventually feel like you had to get an alt yourself just to play the meta.

Reply #6
But is having a second health pool character enough motivation to but an alt? That would be an advantage in and mmo open world pvp.

Yet polls don't show that being the case since dfo would have been benefitted from it. I believe the scenario you listed is just another perk but not the driving factor to owning alts in New dawn.

I think your opening question is more accurate than anything, aside from the other individual node benefits and scaling, is the game satisfying if i only have 1 account?
  • Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:55:46 pm by Pallist Horror
85% /s

Reply #7
I have had multiple alts in every game I've played.  I don't understand why people cry about alts.

Reply #8
During DFO not many people had computers that could handle multiboxing.
So it's not direct comparison DFO vs DF:ND

And, as much as I love specialization (combat-wise), I very much feel cut off for not being able to do simple stuff like smelting or cutting wood.
No, I definitely don't want to be a crafter. But when clanmate tells me "there's 30k iron ore, can anyone help" all I can do is ask for user/pass to one of crafting alts...

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #9
It sucks because the economy is not working, I sometimes wonder if buy orders would solve that. In any case they should of let people craft to a basic level, and then the titled crafters would have the good stuff.

Reply #10
I had a single alt in DFO because they were actually more important back than compared to New Dawn.
LOL
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #11
I had a single alt in DFO because they were actually more important back than compared to New Dawn.
LOL

Since you got my attention in the Discord I figured I would come post.  Why don't you ask your dad to do the math since that tiny little brain of yours can't figure it out

Reply #12
Well, spawn scaling is dogshit now... but altfall at VCPs and city nodes is still real

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
I had one alt in DFO so I could macro spam on it nights to level up spells, haven't felt need for an alt in Dnd since I've never bothered level crafting in any of the DF versions.
Viil Taja

Reply #14
LOL

Since you got my attention in the Discord I figured I would come post.  Why don't you ask your dad to do the math since that tiny little brain of yours can't figure it out

If you think alts were more important in DFO than DND you're even more retarded than I thought.

And i already think you're some kind of dribbling mongoloid that smears itself in shit on a daily basis. Like, imagine "Sloth" from the Goonies had a love child with the elephant man that then got dropped on its head as a baby...repeatedly.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.