Skip to main content

Topic: SHIELD DISCUSSION (Read 1731 times) previous topic - next topic

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: SHIELD DISCUSSION
Reply #15
I'd have gone for 1h myself but given that titles take 2 months to max I cannot be fucked with it.

Bollox reason. Someone swapping weapon title is going to lose like 3-4 damage! Like wow, and seeing tons of weapon combat titles on the market, you can be 50 in a title for 50k in 2 mins and lose 1-2 damage till 100!
  • Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:06:12 pm by Giant

Reply #16
2h is better for pushing mages, better stickyback potential
1h is better for pushing 2h users, tanky as fuck and same dmg as 2h (you can also tank multiple targets if you get their aggro via insults in public or long term forum commitment)

As a 2h user youre better off ignoring 1h users in a fight (if they are not low hp, braindead backpaddling or showing their back for whatever reason). You not gonna be able to kill them in normal circumstances anyway and your strength lies in your stikcy back potential against their squishy targets aka mages.

I think timed blocking makes a good 1h user impossible to kill in melee. Hitting a disable is just lucky at this point and even if you do the duration is like 4s with 10s cd.

Reply #17
Timed blocking eat your stamina as hell, so if you will do it for long time, you will loose your stamina and will be killed fast

Reply #18
2h is better for pushing mages, better stickyback potential
1h is better for pushing 2h users, tanky as fuck and same dmg as 2h (you can also tank multiple targets if you get their aggro via insults in public or long term forum commitment)

As a 2h user youre better off ignoring 1h users in a fight (if they are not low hp, braindead backpaddling or showing their back for whatever reason). You not gonna be able to kill them in normal circumstances anyway and your strength lies in your stikcy back potential against their squishy targets aka mages.

I think timed blocking makes a good 1h user impossible to kill in melee. Hitting a disable is just lucky at this point and even if you do the duration is like 4s with 10s cd.

Disabling blow is easy to land, has a fast cooldown that you can spam, lasts long enough to get in 3-5 hard hits and works often vs 1 handed shield users.

Disabling blow is already balanced if not a little too strong.

Dont change what is not broken, it is fine right now.
  • Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:41:09 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize

Reply #19
I think it's close to balanced. Make 1h+shield any worse and it'll go back to how it used to be with 2h ruling supreme. A bit longer disable period wouldn't hurt tho, just a few seconds(2-3) extra so one can capitalize a bit better when it goes through.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #20
I think it's close to balanced. Make 1h+shield any worse and it'll go back to how it used to be with 2h ruling supreme. A bit longer disable period wouldn't hurt tho, just a few seconds(2-3) extra so one can capitalize a bit better when it goes through.
That's probably best balance. Disabling blow having a longer effect. Leave disabling shot as is.
85% /s

Reply #21
Timed blocking is garbage with na ping.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
1h+shield auto-wins against all other melee types, even if you are a mage

reach is irrelevant after reach was changed

either change how shield/resistances/blocking works, or buff 2h dps

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Agreed on making disable a bit longer or CD a bit shorter.

Timed blocking eat your stamina as hell, so if you will do it for long time, you will loose your stamina and will be killed fast

Lol. It eats attackers stamina even faster, you should know that.

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
1h+shield auto-wins against all other melee types, even if you are a mage

reach is irrelevant after reach was changed

either change how shield/resistances/blocking works, or buff 2h dps

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,10774.msg169323/boardseen.html?PHPSESSID=adni63o7qshcmonceplgcio5c4#new

Try gearing up you fucking clown!

Reply #25
Seems to me that with 1h + shield vs a two-hander you take less damage and deal more damage than the two-hander player.
Is that really right?

No that is not right, as the protection is part of the DPS calulation of the two playstyles trading hits.

Reply #26
my bad that i have deleted video, how to kill 1h+shield melee fighter in 20 sec with 2h r50....

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
I'd have gone for 1h myself but given that titles take 2 months to max I cannot be fucked with it.

Bollox reason. Someone swapping weapon title is going to lose like 3-4 damage! Like wow, and seeing tons of weapon combat titles on the market, you can be 50 in a title for 50k in 2 mins and lose 1-2 damage till 100!

After 10 hits 4 damage becomes 40hp.

If a character has 400 hp, that's 1 less hit to kill.

Even one hp a hit can make a huge difference when it comes to endgame top tier pvp.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #28
Buff naked
85% /s

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #29
I consider myself a true Leftclick Hero, but if I see a guy using a 1h+shield I will not engage in 1v1 with that person until I get him lower on health via archery, as my Greatsword will lose that fight, hard.

You might be able to beat a 1h/shield with a Greataxe if you land the Power Attack, but Greatclubs, Greatswords, and Polearms, are too shit in the ND meta and and can rarely stand on their own without archery to soften up the target first.

Plenty of room for balancing here, and it'd help if the formerly mentioned 2h weapons had a Power Attack worth a damn. Maybe they'll do it in the patch early next week.

Then you simply dont master the dance, why not capitalize on your reach advantage? Its many 2h users that manage to trade hit for hit and a hit for hit trade the 1h lose. If you stand spinning into their hitbox, the 1h stand a chance due to speed.
Nothing to dance if the 1h/shield guy can be almost stationary and attack and block via animation cancelling.

The step-in-step-out only works against people who literally never move and don't know to hold their attacks to improve their sync.

The range difference is not as big as you claim. It's only about 0.25 meters.

Then that is a timed parrying issue and not the passive protections. The reach difference is significant and very noticeable and carried by the arc. The point is with proper movement, the 1h cant utilize the advantage of higer swing speed, cause you will move out of reach loading up ur next swing

Less reach, less arc, lower damage what is the benefits of going 1h?
You know the DPS is only similar to 2h GS due to swing speed and the help of the shields passives, people seems to forget that.

I really liked to know where have you done your testings? Damage is similar you say? I fight our clans 1 hander users (which by the way all starting to switch clubs) and they hit me in thickkleather Fp head boots gloves combo for around 25-29 damage depending on what level wep and enchant they have. Now on the same time I'm hitting them in mostly FPset with some thickleather for 15 damage with JB Q4 enchant. For me to win them relies sololy on the fact that I avoid melee completely and try to get hit in every now and then but mostly just using ranged. And against good 1handers when they time block I make 2 damage when they hit 25 to 29 damage.

Personally I think 1handers would be fine if they removed the enchant slot but with good enchant it's just way too absorbing. Focus should be more on timed blocking and not just rewarding mindless swinging with such a high damage absorbing.

But as you can see, every one saying everything is fine or even asking for boost with 1handers are the ones using them and those that say it's not are 2handers since it's basically counter build to them. Mages don't care since they don't melee and clearly it's easier to avoid melee against one handers and mage damage is unchanged wetter it's 1hander or two hander they are facing since both try to block some of the spells and range fights with bows.

But as a two hander you make just the same damage ranged but you are almost completely refuted to go for melee and you just have to try to kite. Only good thing is there still very few that utilized timed blocking well with 1hander.
  • Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:32:15 am by MKH
Viil Taja