Skip to main content

Topic: mage nerf next patch or should i stay offline? (Read 1211 times) previous topic - next topic

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
mage nerf next patch or should i stay offline?
@Ub3rgames

game is not fun for non-mages

Re: mage nerf next patch or should i stay offline?
Reply #1
what is it this time? What is the problem?
I tested mobility as full physical build - not a problem.

Not in full metal of course. But that's how it is supposed to be, right? You want mobility, go lighter. You want full metal - go with a group, as you won't be able to just fly around. Same with mage - if mage wants to deal decent melee damage he has to sacrifice magic dps. It's always something for something. I like it.

Adjust or... stay offline.
  • Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:26:37 pm by wildNothing

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2

Reply #3

Reply #4
85% /s

Reply #5
Stay offline, you're trash

Reply #6
Stay offline, you're trash

One idiot who hasn't played the game a day in his life but haunts the forums 24/7 telling another idiot who bitches on the forums 24/7 between getting ganked naked in game he is trash and to stay offline. IDONTEVEN

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
if mage wants to deal decent melee damage he has to sacrifice magic dps

no reason to ever do that when you got same or more dps with spells

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Mage is 100% more fun to play.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

In current meta? Meh not really. Just spam nukes/aoes on cooldown. Hardly fun long term.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10

In current meta? Meh not really. Just spam nukes/aoes on cooldown. Hardly fun long term.

Reason why it's more fun is cause the possibility to go deep into enemy and still pull out with movement spells. Like what Don Kamillo did. Now if I could use that efficiently movement with leather set I would agree both styles are as fun but currently if you want to solo fool around mage style is the only way to go. Since even in leather your movement casts are too slow and you have to cast unburden before doing them or other wise mages just jump you down.

If they only changed cantrip school spells to work the same for all styles would be so great. Also mages couldbt then just ran from physical style when ever they feel like it.
Viil Taja

Reply #11
I pretty like shoot with bows, but its boring without skills for bow like power attack. And yeah, playing as warrior/archer style is no fun. Melee/archer don have choose in action, what mage have. You cant use a lot displacement spells. You cant use WoF, Come Hither, stormblast. Play as warrior its more like 3 buttons game.

What we can do with it?
1. Less penalty for displacement spells for high encumbrance.
2. Bandages (+anoter key for tap). And this will make less downtime when melee pve.
3. Double jump + double starfe for all melee title
4. Skills for archery (i know, Uber have another vision - they want different arrow types)
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,9940.msg157674.html#msg157674
Dolly Monk

Reply #12
I thought fun was a subjective thing.
Now, power level and balance... that's another matter entirely.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #13
I think the balance is okay, maybe physical builds could use an extra little something to help them out in the form of movement / magic protection. I honestly think it would all be solved if you are hit with a begone you get a buff that stops you taking fall damage the next time you land on the ground (Only if you are hit with it, not if u throw it at a ground to get a hop).

Also maybe the cast animation of begon and confusion could changed back to what they were.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14

Reason why it's more fun is cause the possibility to go deep into enemy and still pull out with movement spells. Like what Don Kamillo did. Now if I could use that efficiently movement with leather set I would agree both styles are as fun but currently if you want to solo fool around mage style is the only way to go. Since even in leather your movement casts are too slow and you have to cast unburden before doing them or other wise mages just jump you down.

If they only changed cantrip school spells to work the same for all styles would be so great. Also mages couldbt then just ran from physical style when ever they feel like it.

Well yeah when it comes to solo mage is more fun for sure. A lot more options. But in group fights? I don't know. Don't really have much time to play lately so I missed two last sieges. Maybe I'll be smarter after next one.

One thing for sure - shooting bow is awesome. :P