Darkfall: New Dawn

General => General Discussion => Topic started by: Ub3rgames on February 15, 2018, 11:43:52 am

Poll
Question: Should we moderate the forums?
Option 1: Yes
Option 2: No
Title: Poll: Should we moderate the forums?
Post by: Ub3rgames on February 15, 2018, 11:43:52 am
Greetings,

To be blunt: We do not desire to moderate the forums out of principle.
We do not mind vocality or criticism, we embrace it, and we would prefer not to censure our forums. Ignoring exists for a reason.
We have historically taken the time to explain our stand points and it has generally worked much better than any moderation could.
However, we are considering changing that, but only if the community supports and arguments for it.

1) Unfortunately, we do not have that time nowadays and it is looking like it is unlikely that we do in the short term.
The resources available for the forums had to be converted to GM resources, forcing us to change policy on that front too.
You can read more about it on the recent PSA about interacting with GMs. (https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8335.0.html)

A side note regarding weekly communication:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) What really prompted this poll is that we received a growing number of reports, but more worryingly, players that have been historically critical of us are part of those requesting us to moderate the forums.
The trigger has been when we've been told: "What's the point if our feedback is lost in that mess?"

We rely on constructive criticism, and there are some valid points that we need to address.
But if the forums no longer provides a space to factually discuss the game, they become useless to us and to the community.

3) Another recurring argument in favor of moderation is the outside perception.
We generally do not mind or even take into account spamming, and we know actual players do not either. We have faith that most people are smart enough to know the difference between trolling and actual feedback.
More than that: people should be allowed to be angry or wrong on the internet.

But this total disconnect between in-game ambiance and forums noise is potentially worrying to new customers.

So there you have our reasons to even ask the question.
If it turns out the community really supports it beyond the reporting function, we'll consider moderating.
Note that this is an informal poll, we'll do what we are convinced of after the discussion on the thread.
So argument away.
Title: Re: Poll: Should we moderate the forums?
Post by: haylando on February 15, 2018, 11:47:49 am
free the people
Post by: Valar on February 15, 2018, 11:49:44 am
Free speech
Post by: wildNothing on February 15, 2018, 11:49:56 am
Ub3rgames, all the talks about how buying indev subscription gets you live server time was a lie. It appears all I bought is some more time on unfinished product. And I'm not talking about game not being polished enough. It lacks fundamental features you promised us. People believed in you, you shit all over this trust.

You sold us live server time and then released unfinished game. It's like you wiped and continued indev. I want my live server time to count from the moment this game has things you promised to be finished/implemented. Instead you changed the road map / features list after you got money from us. All the moderation in the world won't change this.
Post by: The Buddha on February 15, 2018, 11:53:44 am
lol
Post by: Niburu on February 15, 2018, 11:55:57 am
Moderation for sure
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 11:56:20 am
Censorship is proven to work, i vote yes!

Post by: CrucialUnit on February 15, 2018, 11:56:49 am
Imagine that news headline on some gaming website. "MMO company asks their users with a forum poll whether or not they should be moderating their forums"
Post by: Leo Woods on February 15, 2018, 11:59:07 am
Don't waste resources on moderating the forums ffs.
Post by: Khor on February 15, 2018, 12:02:02 pm
Ub3rgames, all the talks about how buying indev subscription gets you live server time was a lie. It appears all I bought is some more time on unfinished product. And I'm not talking about game not being polished enough. It lacks fundamental features you promised us. People believed in you, you shit all over this trust.

You sold us live server time and then released unfinished game. It's like you wiped and continued indev. I want my live server time to count from the moment this game has things you promised to be finished/implemented. Instead you changed the road map / features list after you got money from us. All the moderation in the world won't change this.

@wildNothing

List the things Ub3r promised and was not implemented on release. List them precisely when and where they promised.
Post by: MNO on February 15, 2018, 12:03:16 pm
4. Another argument is that with the amount of absolute dogshit posts, it makes people that actually contribute to discussion and ideas to not want to bother coming here.

The forums right now feel like I'm stepping back in time to preschool, filled with snotty children.

Literally straight up ban about 6 people and the forums become a hundred times more palatable. This isn't moderation that requires hours of work. Anyone with half a brain can jump on and point out in about 20 minutes how to fix 90% of the problem.
Post by: gosti on February 15, 2018, 12:15:05 pm

Moderation isn't censorship.
Post by: Niburu on February 15, 2018, 12:16:49 pm

@wildNothing

List the things Ub3r promised and was not implemented on release. List them precisely when and where they promised.

I like DND alot but:

- ARAC penalities
- Regeneration, Contrips
- Watchtowers
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 12:17:23 pm

Moderation isn't censorship.

''and we would prefer not to censure our forums''

Seems like it's the same thing to ub3r
Post by: MikeJT on February 15, 2018, 12:19:29 pm
Legitimate complaints about the game shouldn't be moderated.

Obvious troll threads should be moderated however.
Post by: ruckus98 on February 15, 2018, 12:19:57 pm
As long as you're willing to also ban your fanatics that spam go back to roa every time a constructive but critical thread is posted.
Post by: Helwyr on February 15, 2018, 12:21:15 pm
Voted no.  However, I think the majority of forum should only allow people with paid accounts to comment and posts specifically started by Ub3rgames asking for feedback could have a degree of moderation to remove off topic stuff and pure nonsense.
Post by: Prokoz on February 15, 2018, 12:24:00 pm
I perfectly understand your reluctance to moderate. It is always tricky to do it in a constructive way.

However, considering that some participants in this forum are obviously not meaning any good for the game and ported the griefing they had promised ingame (a promise they could not fullfill) to the forum, i think a very limited moderation would be usefull.

Keep the spirit you had untill now doing it and it should be ok.
Post by: xzxDJxzx Terrorize on February 15, 2018, 12:25:25 pm
Freedom of speech.

Add subscription forums.
Post by: Prokoz on February 15, 2018, 12:38:24 pm
Subscription forum means no access to forum for curious and people trying to make up their mind. They will go to the reddit. You don't want that. If only a part of the forum is subscritpion free it's even worse, they will have access to the trash talk only.
Post by: MNO on February 15, 2018, 12:53:42 pm
As long as you're willing to also ban your fanatics that spam go back to roa every time a constructive but critical thread is posted.

If you're talking about the threads you made... they're far from 'constructive'. You may as well just post memes at this point.
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 12:57:24 pm

If you're talking about the threads you made... they're far from 'constructive'. You may as well just post memes at this point.

@ruckus98 has made plenty of constructive threads/posts, go check his post history.

Fact is every post criticising the game is met with Fanboys defending every aspect no matter what, even the dumbest of ideas. So at this point it just forces people into troll posts.
Post by: Prometheus on February 15, 2018, 01:09:37 pm
@Ub3rgames

a kind of moderation would be fine when its not touch too much the freeness. The Darkfall Forum was always a place of shit-and trash talk the problem of the last weeks was that it has become forced more and more negative trend without any proof, forced by always the same people. I could count here arround ~ 10 names... easy to find them for you.

moderation yes - but way more important is, only accounts who have an ACTIVE Subscription running should be allowed to post here, and thats for a reason.
Post by: lambdaExpression on February 15, 2018, 01:20:22 pm
Just moderate SPAM and merge trolling thread into one for a start.
Post by: Battle Smurf on February 15, 2018, 01:27:19 pm
When someone like ME is telling you to moderate the forums (strictly when it comes to repeated toxic negative SPAM/ obvious trolling designed specifically to hurt the games population) you should probably listen

Its a matter of getting THE RIGHT moderator though

Ideally someone who knows the community and how to deal with certain people and knows that less= more when it comes to intervening

Nobody wants legitimate constructive criticism, cussing, or even insults/ traditional forumfall pvp banned we just want someone to combat the astroturfing and troll/ multi accounting spam

The difference is blatantly obvious to any oldschool Darkfall player and its mostly the same few suspects every time

I don't think a Developer should waste his time doing it though. Most game companies use volunteers from the community or interns for it

Post by: Heldana on February 15, 2018, 01:29:14 pm
Yes, moderation is needed.

Darkfall is a commercial product and it needs is buyers, not only for the company itsself, but also for us players, cause the more people play, the more fun the game means to everyone.

Sieges, trading, daily pvp, seatowers, more content and regualry patches only work with a living and GROWING community.

I already feel lots of vets coming back, asking questions if the game is fun and so on .... but that is only a bit compared what the game SHOULD attract.

Old vets know, how the forums work and they do not need a helping hand whom to listen to and whom not.

But a new player, who wants to get an impression of the game and who reads:

game is dead
i cant exploit like i want so the game is shit and i suck as a clanleader generally
i want to abuse noobs like hell so THE GAME NEEDS INVITATION POSSIBILITIES FOR CLANLEADERS
i just want to leftclick melee fight and if i need to pull out a staff my brain explodes

and so on.
I do not need to pull out any name here, all the vets know which people i am calling out ... but a new player dosnt know and might take the usual trolling and complaingning serious.

He might not even try the game out, cause the forums are toxic.

I was always a in charge for only allowing posts in clan Diplomatics with full ingame name and clan tag, for example.
Post by: Battle Smurf on February 15, 2018, 01:30:28 pm
Freedom of speech.

Add subscription forums.

Freedom of Speech specifically the 1st amendment has legal limitations (and for good reason) you should probably google them
Post by: Valar on February 15, 2018, 01:31:18 pm
When someone like ME is telling you to moderate the forums (strictly when it comes to repeated toxic negative SPAM/ obvious trolling designed specifically to hurt the games population) you should probably listen

Nazi's and Facists love censorship this is not surprising.
Post by: SoethThoth on February 15, 2018, 01:33:22 pm
Whip out that banhammer boys!
Post by: donutkebab on February 15, 2018, 01:43:21 pm
Clearly pro moderation, it is pretty pathetic that an official game forums allows this level of constant trolling and pissing off people. Every single forums or community would have banned those people already (including RoA which banned tons of people who were obviously trolls from here)
Post by: Brown Dorf on February 15, 2018, 01:44:46 pm
There's already a darkfall game with moderated forums. Maybe you should go play roa
Post by: Khor on February 15, 2018, 01:46:56 pm

Because your pigeon thread was a constructive but critical thread ... ?

You're a real little fuckernaut arent ya.
Post by: Asgaarion on February 15, 2018, 01:48:36 pm
Free speech

there is no free spech if no message reaches the recipient cause of all the noise produced.
Post by: clottbott on February 15, 2018, 01:53:29 pm
Only problem I see on these forums are people who blatantly try to destroy the games reputation and those who use a million forum accounts to spam threads and spread negativity and have done it repeatedly throughout indev (hello all the threads that get moved to off topic).

All good things need to be moderated :)
Post by: donutkebab on February 15, 2018, 01:54:10 pm
Uneducated people confusing free speech and censorship with moderation and keeping an environment clean to allow discussions and where you actually can voice opinions. Not surprised :)

Try this in RL, go to any discussion, meeting, debate..whatever, where people discuss and voice opinions.
Scream there, be loud, insult people, run around yelling at everyone. What will happen you wannabe punks?
Post by: SoethThoth on February 15, 2018, 01:58:02 pm
What will happen you wannabe punks?

They would get the shit slapped out of them.
Post by: MNO on February 15, 2018, 01:59:39 pm

@ruckus98 has made plenty of constructive threads/posts, go check his post history.

Fact is every post criticising the game is met with Fanboys defending every aspect no matter what, even the dumbest of ideas. So at this point it just forces people into troll posts.

I've criticised the game plenty, I even basically said a few days ago that the game is never going to really last past 6 months regardless of changes/content.

Yet, somehow... I'm able to not post memes.. To not randomly insult every single person, to not post 3 useless threads a day. You're just as bad if not worse, so your whole opinion is irrelevant.

Weird huh? I can be critical without turning into a cunt. Not everyone that thinks you're worthless is a fanboy.

How arrogant do you have to be to believe that every person that calls you out on your bullshit has an ulterior motive/bias? Maybe.. Just maybe... You get called out because your posts have about as much worth as the hair on my arse.
Post by: Azdul on February 15, 2018, 02:01:13 pm
There's already a darkfall game with moderated forums. Maybe you should go play roa
RoA forums are better than New Dawn ones. They still have trolls there, but at least troll posts are intelligent and entertaining - subtle baits instead of all caps spam.
Post by: Wyverex on February 15, 2018, 02:12:47 pm
Dear @Ub3rgames

The main issue on these boards is not the lack of moderation, but lack of rules.
You need to clearly state what is not acceptable and what are the punishments.

You do not need to actively moderate to enforce those rules, but set a clear stance - if you post shit and someone reports it - you'll face the consequences.
Obviously, it'd be good for the rules to include a paragraph on wrong usage of Report function, and possible consequences for it.

And then make the forum rules post sticky in ALL subforums (I'm not sure how doable it is with your current forum software, some make it pretty easy).
Post by: touchmydildo on February 15, 2018, 02:25:30 pm
Free speech

go tell a cop to suck his dick.

Anyway, I would HATE to have the job of a darkfall dev. In original df people cried and bitched non stop at the devs and gave tasos so much shit I was wondering if I was the only one who actually felt lucky to have the game because 99% of mmorpgs are themeparks... and you dirty little shits didn't even thank AV for the very nice spell update.

Bitches and moans unfortunately are the only thing people are eating around here and its getting the most attention. Someone needs to wake up and realize there's more than just being a little shit with tears wiped on his tshirt. If you can't handle local banking you should probably get the fuck lost. If you think you have a great idea you should probably save it for your mom. Campaigning for change in a video game amongst the masses is a circle fuck popularity contest thats about as good as a dev bending over and asking how the community likes it best. The community doesn't know shit except how to play the game. They will ball up a big fat majority and circle jerk to death with it until your game is literally like every other game they've played before. They will point that finger at what they consider a problem when in reality they are literally just trying to get the dev to give a bj just for their special interests. This is darkfall and if you think you can huddle fuck a dev you need to go play a clone where they hug their players so hard they can brag about how community wise they are while players go around saying oh this dev listens so much yadda yadda. Again, the community knows how to play the game and will excel at it, and therefore occasionally know the game pretty well. But they rarely know the fix to any problems encountered and they just want to tweak the game so they can rest their dick on it. Everybody knows this and if I was a dev I wouldn't touch the forums with a ten foot pool just like AV did it. All a bunch of shits.
Post by: dariobrun on February 15, 2018, 02:26:55 pm
there should definitely be some kind of moderation, yes.
Constructive criticisms is one thing, and it surely helps the game grow since having only "it is all green and perfect" threads is not good for the game in the long term...but there is a huge difference between constructive criticisms.
Most importantly, even if you criticize the game, you also need to be willing to listen to other people opinions even when they don't coincide with yours,
Insulting them saying that they are "nd hiveminds" or  that they should "go back to roa", just because they have a different opinion is not constructive at all and, sadly, this is what the forums have become lately.
So, yes there is need for moderation to stop both "extremist" to insult each other and derail every single thread into a dnd vs roa fanboy battle.
Post by: elektrofux on February 15, 2018, 02:30:46 pm

You mean posts like:

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8282.0.html

or

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8266.0.html
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 02:37:58 pm

You mean posts like:

or

Im talking about his older posts.

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?action=profile;u=21967;area=showposts;sa=messages;start=105

He contributed a lot of useful posts to the forums.
Post by: Cecil on February 15, 2018, 02:39:24 pm
These boards have become the Mos Eisley Spaceport of gaming forums.  New player interest and retention?   Not if they read these "constructive " threads.
Post by: gosti on February 15, 2018, 02:39:39 pm

You mean posts like:

or

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?action=profile;u=21967;area=showposts;sa=messages;start=105

So his old posts wouldn't.be touched but the new ones would. Where's the problem? Moderating isn't equal to banning ppl
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 02:43:55 pm

I've criticised the game plenty, I even basically said a few days ago that the game is never going to really last past 6 months regardless of changes/content.

Yet, somehow... I'm able to not post memes.. To not randomly insult every single person, to not post 3 useless threads a day. You're just as bad if not worse, so your whole opinion is irrelevant.

Weird huh? I can be critical without turning into a cunt. Not everyone that thinks you're worthless is a fanboy.

How arrogant do you have to be to believe that every person that calls you out on your bullshit has an ulterior motive/bias? Maybe.. Just maybe... You get called out because your posts have about as much worth as the hair on my arse.

Good on you, everyone different. I personally don't insult people or make useless threads. So to say i'm just as bad is a little ridiculous.

I did hit a nerve with you the other day though by saying you were pointing out the obvious, then you started calling me a cunt ?

Isn't that insulting people ?

Maybe the forums should be moderated.

Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 15, 2018, 02:45:19 pm

You mean posts like:

or

So his old posts wouldn't.be touched but the new ones would. Where's the problem? Moderating isn't equal to banning ppl

Please follow the conversation, i'm not talking about that.

MNO called him out for posting useless threads, so i explained why he might have come to doing so.

Don't look at the problem, look at the cause.

Post by: pesadelo on February 15, 2018, 02:48:04 pm
I voted yes , because this is becoming hard to read and even voice constructive criticism with the amount of retard threads and trolls.
Post by: Yeti Magic on February 15, 2018, 02:48:40 pm
Moderate 100%
Post by: Rorschach_Greyhead on February 15, 2018, 03:01:38 pm
Moderate 100%

/this + your sig is awesome
Post by: aparks on February 15, 2018, 03:02:49 pm
To be fair this is a mini example of real life politics and how the citizens freely give their rights of freedom of speech away. It's a slippery slope fellas. Have a good day!
Post by: Hyld on February 15, 2018, 03:29:01 pm
Forums should be moderated with "moderation"...pardon the pun....please do moderate trolls/personal insults/threats/spam but avoid becoming politically correct snowflakes (especially on off topic forum/matters)...find a balance

No adult person wants to read the constant childish spamming from trolls of any shape and form.

Regards
HG
Post by: Flamingman on February 15, 2018, 03:39:20 pm
It saddens me that people often interpret freedom of speech to be an excuse to shed basic human decency. Would be nice if this division of the commnity would stop. There's a lot of hate coming from all sides these days it seems.
Post by: Aglorien on February 15, 2018, 03:53:02 pm
Fuck unlimited freedom

These 4-5 trolls will cost you a lot of players with the retarded trolling they do in this forum
Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 03:55:09 pm
Some trolls continue to spam ruining good debates into a flamewar, moderate the forum and ban these people will only make the forum a better place to discuss content and features regarding DnD.
These people doen't not contribute any discussion at all, is continuing insulting and degrading the forum. i'm for free of speech but there is a line that you shouldn't cross and some people cross it.

My vote is moderate the forum and ban the 4-5 trolls, they are known so there is no errors.
Post by: chezicrator on February 15, 2018, 03:56:17 pm

You mean posts like:

or

LOL owned. Think it's funny how this is the one post Seronys hasn't jumped to troll 2-3 times within the first 2 pages yet.
Post by: Belteyn on February 15, 2018, 03:58:24 pm
How about restrict most forums (except maybe a single public one for questions) to active subscribers only?

Personally I don't mind seeing criticism, but it annoys me if it is comign from people that are not actually playing the game. I also think removing option for many non-players to post would cut out large amount of the negative stuff posted daily.

Are you guys able to link forum accounts to active subs?
Post by: MNO on February 15, 2018, 03:58:27 pm

Good on you, everyone different. I personally don't insult people or make useless threads. So to say i'm just as bad is a little ridiculous.

I did hit a nerve with you the other day though by saying you were pointing out the obvious, then you started calling me a cunt ?

Isn't that insulting people ?

Maybe the forums should be moderated.

Some people deserve to be insulted. It doesn't make up the entirety of my posts though.

You are definitely as bad.

Look down your post history. You have 6 posts in a row saying 'DND is tedious', followed by 4 more short posts basically saying 'DND is dead'.

Inbetween those posts it's mostly sarcasm and low quality wit sprinkled with lots of "lolol"'s like a teenage girl. I think the only reason your posts don't just contain a bunch of emoji's is because you haven't figured out how yet.
Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 03:59:14 pm
Nazi's and Facists love censorship this is not surprising.

And if you hide and abuse these terms just to have the freedom to spamming crap and insult people you are worse and the true nazi-fascism like antifa criminals. The true fascism is the antifascism. Just said.
Post by: clandestino2a on February 15, 2018, 03:59:44 pm
you don't need heavy moderation, just establish some rules, and for people breaking the rules a temporary forum ban. and you increase ban duration if the individual don't understand
Post by: Tolbin on February 15, 2018, 04:31:21 pm
Have played and read since the start of InDev, for much of the time I have found the forums to be reasonable, containing useful commentary and discussion. More recently, say in the last few months before launch, they have become increasingly full of irrelevant arguing and trolling- makes them much less useful to both the community and Uber.

I really want to see this franchise survive, and if it takes some modest forum moderating to help, then it should be done. From the poll, it looks like most folks agree.
Post by: _SeeD_ on February 15, 2018, 04:34:33 pm
I voted no.  You can already report posts if they spam or advertise.  Silencing dissent is a Nazi thing and we all know how much we hate Nazis.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 04:37:15 pm
I really want to see this franchise survive, and if it takes some modest forum moderating to help, then it should be done. From the poll, it looks like most folks agree.

(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)

CANT WAIT: "DND FAILED CAUSE OF TROLLLLLLLSSS!111!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)(https://i.imgur.com/qz7bjWf.gif)
Post by: gosti on February 15, 2018, 04:38:22 pm
I voted no.  You can already report posts if they spam or advertise.

What if a person calls someone fucktard, cunt etc multiple times? You're telling me his posts shouldn't be moderated?
Yes, posts were reported. Nothing was done.
Post by: _SeeD_ on February 15, 2018, 04:39:09 pm

What if a person calls someone fucktard, cunt etc multiple times? You're telling me his posts shouldn't be moderated?
Sticks and stones, my friend.
Post by: gosti on February 15, 2018, 04:41:26 pm

Oh please, I'm too old to be hurt by word of some ragers. But do we want to have forums full of personal insults? I don't.
Post by: _SeeD_ on February 15, 2018, 04:43:39 pm

Oh please, I'm too old to be hurt by word of some ragers. But do we want to have forums full of personal insults? I don't.
Sticks and stones.
Post by: gosti on February 15, 2018, 04:45:04 pm

Sticks and stones.

Echo.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 04:45:42 pm
I voted yes, so everytime someone tells someone to go back to ROA we can report them and get them banned for toxicity. :D :D

Can't wait for these ignorant fanboys to see what happens when their safe space actually becomes a safe space and not an echochamber of retardation. :D :D

But then again, It is the way it is.
Post by: elektrofux on February 15, 2018, 04:57:56 pm
The only thing this forum needs is a big button "ignore seronys here".

Don't bother answering with your ususal shit, i won't see it anymore.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 05:06:29 pm

Post by: Maejohl on February 15, 2018, 05:14:56 pm
I've mostly stopped reading these forums except for the devs posts and clan stuff. The wave of troll posts and some troll threads has drowned out useful discussions. The tsunami of suggestions being made in the general chat instead of the suggestions forum  also had its effect.

The forums have become a forest of noise with no clear paths through any longer.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 05:18:37 pm
I've mostly stopped reading these forums except for the devs posts and clan stuff. The wave of troll posts and some troll threads has drowned out useful discussions. The tsunami of suggestions being made in the general chat instead of the suggestions forum  also had its effect.

The forums have become a forest of noise with no clear paths through any longer.

What can I say, It is the way it is.

Post by: Truedon1997 on February 15, 2018, 05:22:29 pm
Jesus Christ what has happend to darkfall?
Post by: Adam1902 on February 15, 2018, 05:58:24 pm
Don't dedicate your own resources to moderation, that's a waste.

But a lot of players considering a game check its forums. You have "Blackmeat" daily advertising that the game world is empty,

What can I say, It is the way it is.

And this guy (I only had to scroll up 3 posts lol) comprises probably 1/4 of all the forum posts on here. All just 1-liner /b/ style copypasta. People read this shit and think "fuck, it's all a bunch of autistic monkeys playing this Darkfall game". To be fair, limiting this guy to 2 posts daily would probably genuinely be doing his life a favour, lmao.
Post by: Rigan on February 15, 2018, 06:09:53 pm

Great examples of why we DO need some moderation here. Not talking all out censorship anyway, just a guiding hand to slap the trolls in the face.
Post by: Mycke on February 15, 2018, 06:15:33 pm
I don't want full hardcore moderation but a more subtle style like PMing Sero and saying something like:

Please keep your posts meaningful and if you continue to spam "Reeee" and emogies we will have to give you a temp ban, because we allow all feed back and opinions but frown upon excess meaningless trolling
Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 07:18:48 pm
Community decided that want moderation. So be it.
Post by: lambdaExpression on February 15, 2018, 07:27:01 pm
I
TITLES ARE CONTENT!
GLOBAL BANKING KILLED THE ECONOMY!
RACIAL WARS WORK!
180 PING DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR PVP SKILL! 
ONLY ROA ROGUE AGENTS OPPOSE UB3R'S VISION! 
GO PLAY ROA! WE DON'T WANT YOU!
LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY! 

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:( 
 O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:) 

The 25% what value do you in the above SPAM on every thread?
Post by: Dorf Ironbeard on February 15, 2018, 07:41:11 pm
Moderation is needed, blatant trolling outside of in-game politics should be removed.
Post by: ithen15 on February 15, 2018, 07:54:49 pm
I hope my hate speeches against the inferior races of agon wont be silenced
Post by: SoethThoth on February 15, 2018, 07:56:36 pm

No need to worry, nobody cares what some short fat dorf thinks
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 08:01:18 pm
I
TITLES ARE CONTENT!
GLOBAL BANKING KILLED THE ECONOMY!
RACIAL WARS WORK!
180 PING DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR PVP SKILL!
ONLY ROA ROGUE AGENTS OPPOSE UB3R'S VISION!
GO PLAY ROA! WE DON'T WANT YOU!
LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY! LONGEVITY!

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
 O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)

The same value you and other hivemind drones provide.
Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 08:04:16 pm

Probably an alt of someone, he just log-in, copy paste the same sentence just to derail the thread and create a flame bait then log out.
This is the exact example of user who need a immediate banhammer, freedom of speech don't apply to these spammers and trolls.

Also a sub section forum can mitigate the issue of ALTS, while at the same time the trolls can be thread banned, we can finally have a clean forum where even new players can read news and debates about the game without the toxic and flame threads.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 08:06:56 pm

Probably an alt of someone, he just log-in, copy paste the same sentence just to derail the thread and create a flame bait then log out.
This is the exact example of user who need a immediate banhammer, freedom of speech don't apply to these spammers and trolls.
Also a sub section forum can mitigate the issue of ALTS.

Freedom of speech applies to everyone you ignorant moron.

My god, go to the library and read a book, you are dumb AF.

Typical hivemind drone: "THINGS ONLY WORK FOR ME AND WHAT I WANT NOT ANYONE ELSE."
Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 08:11:24 pm

Typical hivemind drone: "THINGS ONLY WORK FOR ME AND WHAT I WANT NOT ANYONE ELSE."

Stop hiding behind words like freedom of speech and justify blatant spammers.

> https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=368

If you think is ok you are the only retard here and you should be banned too.
Post by: Ivar_theBoneless on February 15, 2018, 08:13:47 pm
Greetings,

To be blunt: We do not desire to moderate the forums out of principle.
We do not mind vocality or criticism, we embrace it, and we would prefer not to censure our forums. Ignoring exists for a reason.
We have historically taken the time to explain our stand points and it has generally worked much better than any moderation could.
However, we are considering changing that, but only if the community supports and arguments for it.

1) Unfortunately, we do not have that time nowadays and it is looking like it is unlikely that we do in the short term.
The resources available for the forums had to be converted to GM resources, forcing us to change policy on that front too.
You can read more about it on the recent PSA about interacting with GMs. (https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8335.0.html)

A side note regarding weekly communication:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) What really prompted this poll is that we received a growing number of reports, but more worryingly, players that have been historically critical of us are part of those requesting us to moderate the forums.
The trigger has been when we've been told: "What's the point if our feedback is lost in that mess?"

We rely on constructive criticism, and there are some valid points that we need to address.
But if the forums no longer provides a space to factually discuss the game, they become useless to us and to the community.

3) Another recurring argument in favor of moderation is the outside perception.
We generally do not mind or even take into account spamming, and we know actual players do not either. We have faith that most people are smart enough to know the difference between trolling and actual feedback.
More than that: people should be allowed to be angry or wrong on the internet.

But this total disconnect between in-game ambiance and forums noise is potentially worrying to new customers.

So there you have our reasons to even ask the question.
If it turns out the community really supports it beyond the reporting function, we'll consider moderating.
Note that this is an informal poll, we'll do what we are convinced of after the discussion on the thread.
So argument away.

@Ub3rgames You can't have a pay to play game with no moderation on your offical forums.

This isn't some fan based Reddit thread with a couple volunteer mod's. This is your official forums and your online storefront that pops up #2 listed just below "Darkfall new dawn" when people google the company name.

Not paying an official moderator is eventually going to cost you more money in new subscriptions then it would have been to just hire somebody.

You just can't have the same idiots spamming in the forums with the same b*******. If you had a brick-and-mortar and some guy sprayed graffiti on your store everyday you would do something about it
Post by: KevinDL on February 15, 2018, 08:16:38 pm

> https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=368

Let's be real.  This whole community itself is harmful to the game.  It's a fucking cycle almost.  The guys that like to post random shit about the game they clearly don't like (Be it valid or not) feed off the comments people like you make.  The only way to win against such useless topics as you linked to is to just ignore them.  Giving them the attention they want is what fuels them to keep doing it. 
Post by: Benevolence on February 15, 2018, 08:17:25 pm
You should fix your broken ass game, then maybe people won't be  bitching on the forums

Or u can censor it and ignore. If u think that's the better option enjoy your future "success" lmfao
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 08:23:20 pm

Whats so ironically astounding, is your dumbass can't even comprehend that he is spamming a paraphrasing of every ND Fanboy hivemind drone reply directed at anyone who attempts to suggest something that they don't agree with.

I'm serious dude. Shutoff your computer, go to a library, read a book. You are dumb as hell.
Post by: dolmance on February 15, 2018, 08:34:31 pm
Could also implement a designated Trash Can/Kids Table subforum, with qualifying posts moved there instead of outright deleted. Preserves their imperiled "free speech" without cluttering the main forums. Though I suppose that ends up being a lot more work than simply squelching the perpetual shitposters
Post by: ithen15 on February 15, 2018, 08:36:29 pm

No need to worry, nobody cares what some short fat dorf thinks

let my dwarven might crush down your gates of virginity and impregnate you with the thoughts of reality
Post by: Machinist on February 15, 2018, 09:17:12 pm
all that will happen now is lux arcana will get forum powers and the forums will become inactive because the lux asslickers will punish and go after their enemies. its happened on 1.0 already.

a solution might be to not mod the political threads etc and require them to have a active sub, people wont able to stir conflict if the nazi mods go after people or bias gets thrown into the forums and the game will die.

forumfall is important, having a unmodded section will make them places meaningful, even put a warning upon entering those sections would be enough of a cover, people dont have to go in there, this game is supposed to be a sandbox and that is a decent middle ground for everyone.

i dont care if a unsubbed general section or offtopic was modded as long as the people modding didnt just allow the games fanboys and their extremely biased posts, all sides of the argument should be considered.

SILENCING PEOPLE WILL NOT HELP THIS GAME TO GROW, NAZI GERMANY WAS NOT A SUCCESS STORY! NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE HARDCORE FANBOYS AND SUPER CAREBEARS THINK IT WAS!
Post by: cutsmyself on February 15, 2018, 09:19:15 pm
Ban the asshats and be done with it @Ub3rgames, theres a couple names who need an IP ban from forums and it will become a constructive place again.
Post by: Seronys on February 15, 2018, 09:22:05 pm
it will become a constructive place again.

No it wont, you'll learn, give it time.
Post by: Machinist on February 15, 2018, 09:22:55 pm
Ban the asshats and be done with it @Ub3rgames, theres a couple names who need an IP ban from forums and it will become a constructive place again.

So only divine people like you are constructive are they? Only people you agree have opinions that matter?

You can pretty much tell who are the beta males or left wingers are in real life just from reading some text on these boards.
Post by: chezicrator on February 15, 2018, 09:28:32 pm
There are people that are critical of the game and it's fine. There are like 3-5 people that have made it blatantly clear their only agenda is to be negative with the hopes of being able to say I told you so after trolling. Those people could be banned.
Post by: Battle Smurf on February 15, 2018, 09:30:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI

Relevant
Post by: Helwyr on February 15, 2018, 09:34:34 pm
I'm still a no on this, but I've given it a bit more thought on what I think ought to be done.

1. Create a New Player Questions and Answers section that is open to the public and moderated.

2. All the rest of the forum is restricted to posting only by those with a subscription and remains without moderation.

3. Make the ignore function easy by adding an ignore user button right bellow the "Send message" button, (only subbed accounts can ignore).

4. Add a publicly viewable ignored count right next to the "Ignore user" button displaying how many people have that user on ignore. This serves a few functions, but primarily to give new players a good indicator of who they should ignore themselves either mentally or with the button.
Post by: Machinist on February 15, 2018, 09:36:29 pm
There are people that are critical of the game and it's fine. There are like 3-5 people that have made it blatantly clear their only agenda is to be negative with the hopes of being able to say I told you so after trolling. Those people could be banned.

If they have weak arguments against the game they shouldnt be a factor should they? You scared of criticism? You scared of the truth?

Imagine viewing these boards and every thread was "THIS GAME IS GREAT" "PERFECT MMO" "NOTHING WRONG" that would probably be your dream forums.

Post by: hecate355 on February 15, 2018, 09:37:57 pm
Id be fine with moderation in some very secific cases. Few examples, like real life threats, racism, rape etc(making fun on someones medical condition and so on). There REALLY  is no situation ever for such things to pop up and remain unpunished.

I dont care about general trolling and exaggerations/drama/20 pages long forum fights or all that. Where can you even draw a line where provocation, small exaggeration, biased opinion ends and full blown trolling starts?

Freedom of speech doesent mean you can say absolutely anything you see fit, people have to be responsible on how they behave.

Post by: Fnights on February 15, 2018, 09:38:34 pm
So only divine people like you are constructive are they? Only people you agree have opinions that matter?

You can pretty much tell who are the beta males or left wingers are in real life just from reading some text on these boards.

You are really serious?
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=368
These people are ok for you? Spamming the same redudnant sentence over and over, creating flames and trolling? Sorry but this crossed the line and shouldn't be tolerated, this behaviour is distruptive for the game and the company.
Post by: cutsmyself on February 15, 2018, 09:44:21 pm

So only divine people like you

Im glad you acknowledge and respect my obvious divinity. You are but an insignificant insect compared to my omnipotence.

Honestly a cesspool forum where garbage trolls can go spew their negativity isn't a bad idea. Name it toxic cesspool and only let the people banned from regular forums post on it so they can harass each other until kingdom come.
Post by: ImpalerWrG on February 15, 2018, 09:54:35 pm
Moderation is badly needed, GM's should do a few bans of the worst offenders and then appoint some community members as moderators so it doesn't consume anymore of their time.
Post by: chezicrator on February 15, 2018, 09:55:17 pm

If they have weak arguments against the game they shouldnt be a factor should they? You scared of criticism? You scared of the truth?

Imagine viewing these boards and every thread was "THIS GAME IS GREAT" "PERFECT MMO" "NOTHING WRONG" that would probably be your dream forums.

Did you even read what I post? Being critical of the game is great. It's always important to see both sides of the story.

Trolling and outright saying your only purpose here is to derail and troll with the purpose of watching everything crash and burn, maybe you don't belong here.
Post by: Helwyr on February 15, 2018, 09:58:54 pm
Id be fine with moderation in some very secific cases. Few examples, like real life threats, racism, rape etc(making fun on someones medical condition and so on). There REALLY  is no situation ever for such things to pop up and remain unpunished.

I dont care about general trolling and exaggerations/drama/20 pages long forum fights or all that. Where can you even draw a line where provocation, small exaggeration, biased opinion ends and full blown trolling starts?

Freedom of speech doesent mean you can say absolutely anything you see fit, people have to be responsible on how they behave.

Real life threats are already an actionable offense on these forums.  Stuff like racism without being very clearly and narrowly defined is a slippery slope to all kinds of censorship as to some every damn thing is racist.  Freedom of speech limited by what offends people is not free at all.
Post by: rawrgasm on February 15, 2018, 10:38:46 pm
I pretty much only use media highlights to post videos now don't bother with the other sub forums as it's become a pit of negativity driven by a select few who wish the game to fail.

As said previously in this thread you could easily ban a select 10 people and the forums would be 70% more constructive and readable.

Moderate 100%.
Post by: CeliahAiley on February 15, 2018, 11:10:25 pm
I don't want the forums moderated. It's not in the spirit of Darkfall.
Post by: xzxDJxzx Terrorize on February 15, 2018, 11:48:27 pm
Moderation kills off games, personal feelings get in between a forum user and a moderator as seen several times on the roa forums and av's forum back in the day.

Also it can eventually cause subscription numbers to become lower, due to the players clannies or friends supporting him.
Post by: Machinist on February 16, 2018, 02:33:07 am

Did you even read what I post? Being critical of the game is great. It's always important to see both sides of the story.

Trolling and outright saying your only purpose here is to derail and troll with the purpose of watching everything crash and burn, maybe you don't belong here.

i dont actually read what you post at all to be honest

Moderation kills off games, personal feelings get in between a forum user and a moderator as seen several times on the roa forums and av's forum back in the day.

Also it can eventually cause subscription numbers to become lower, due to the players clannies or friends supporting him.

I don't want the forums moderated. It's not in the spirit of Darkfall.

id prefer to listen to these 2 guys who lead large clans than all of the non factor carebear whiner fanboys in here, who are scared melee is going to be changed for example or pvp will be the focus of the game like RoA was, the game does have big flaws, its better to skill your 2h and archery offline, people log after a power hour or after they have med points, thats not a health game.

end of the day its about free speech and this game is 18+, the forums are optional.
Post by: BobbyJoe on February 16, 2018, 02:37:28 am
I find this show hilarious, DND fanboys plagued the other game's forums and the darkfall subreddit trolling RoA anything for a year probably now pretty heavily from what I saw, a few weeks of them getting a small dose of their own medicine and they can't stomach the taste.

I definitely see the "hivemind" that is being talked about here, there's a big divide between those smiling and saying everything is ok vs a lot of criticism of big issues by long-standing members.

I have watched both games evolve over the past few years and played a bit during free times on both, I must say that the DND launch definitely seemed to be MUCH smaller than RoA and that's a big concern given their extreme focus on large-scale population needed features.

Unfortunately I see this temporary boom disappearing soon(TM) and this version becoming a solo-play game by the soon coming end of winter. Hopefully da frenchies have the good sense to see the sun setting and make some changes to help consolidate & shrink the world a bit or make it easier to get around or else it will be a Singleplayer running simulator within a month. I really hope I'm wrong because there's a chunk of this community that will likely leave the franchise altogether once DnD is farther into the death spiral.

Just remember that you boys have brought up that you hate the moderation that the other game forum does, now you are here willingly entering into the same mentality, oh how funny it is to see it happen from the sidelines... it's been interesting to say the least!
Post by: NeroImperitus on February 16, 2018, 02:44:42 am
Depends on the type of moderation

Banning obvious trolls who are toxic/inflammatory in behaviour yes.

Deleting posts/threads that criticise or speak negatively of the game, no.
Post by: Davis Highfield on February 16, 2018, 02:46:39 am
MODERATE THE FORUMS WHEN THE GAME IS ABSOLUTELY BROKEN?
WHAT A WASTE OF DEV TIME, WE NEED PATCHES AND WE NEED THEM NOW
Post by: SoethThoth on February 16, 2018, 02:52:46 am
I find this show hilarious, DND fanboys plagued the other game's forums and the darkfall subreddit trolling RoA anything for a year probably now pretty heavily from what I saw, a few weeks of them getting a small dose of their own medicine and they can't stomach the taste.

I definitely see the "hivemind" that is being talked about here, there's a big divide between those smiling and saying everything is ok vs a lot of criticism of big issues by long-standing members.

I have watched both games evolve over the past few years and played a bit during free times on both, I must say that the DND launch definitely seemed to be MUCH smaller than RoA and that's a big concern given their extreme focus on large-scale population needed features.

Unfortunately I see this temporary boom disappearing soon(TM) and this version becoming a solo-play game by the soon coming end of winter. Hopefully da frenchies have the good sense to see the sun setting and make some changes to help consolidate & shrink the world a bit or make it easier to get around or else it will be a Singleplayer running simulator within a month. I really hope I'm wrong because there's a chunk of this community that will likely leave the franchise altogether once DnD is farther into the death spiral.

Just remember that you boys have brought up that you hate the moderation that the other game forum does, now you are here willingly entering into the same mentality, oh how funny it is to see it happen from the sidelines... it's been interesting to say the least!

Could you please point out the perpetrators so I can make sure to not invite them into the New Dawn Fan Club, we have strict rules about being a member of other Darkfall forums.

Who here was trolling the other websites? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend by the way.

How much RoA did you play?
Post by: inkarnation on February 16, 2018, 03:07:18 am
just make sure you give some nazi lux arcana members the mod powers, that way your forums will turn out just as good and unbiased as the discord
Post by: BobbyJoe on February 16, 2018, 03:31:49 am

Could you please point out the perpetrators so I can make sure to not invite them into the New Dawn Fan Club, we have strict rules about being a member of other Darkfall forums.

Who here was trolling the other websites? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend by the way.

How much RoA did you play?
https://forums.riseofagon.com/search/10875819/

Read his posts, he's made a bunch on reddit I think too but I haven't watched that DnD fanboy club much for all the raging threads trolling anything RoA and yes-men yessing anything DnD does. DnD has done good things and bad things too, looks like they just didn't garner enough attention to get off the ground though :(.

Oh just check out the darkfall subreddit if you want more examples, it's clear as day for anyone who's not truly drunk the koolaid from either team. I'm curiously following both titles but I don't have the time to play either so it's all I can do is pop in and check on things. Decided to post a bit tonight as I had a bit of free time and found myself on the forums here from something I can't remember now...

Edit: Oh I played RoA a few hours during a couple of their free times, I like a lot of their changes but I am waiting to see what they do for clans/politics and perks myself to see some big changes. Fortunately they will be out in the next few months and markets as well, which from the postings on their forums is looking slick as fuck compared to DnD's pretty amateur interface. They do have a nice building though I guess so that's something.
Post by: SoethThoth on February 16, 2018, 03:34:10 am
Oh just check out the darkfall subreddit if you want more examples

Thank you, I will be compiling a dossier.
Post by: inkarnation on February 16, 2018, 03:38:16 am

bpgleaks.com
noone trolled roa, its only the roa trolls that are cancer to this game
Post by: Davis Highfield on February 16, 2018, 03:43:42 am

bpgleaks.com
noone trolled roa, its only the roa trolls that are cancer to this game
website dedicated to exposing ROA - a gift to the world
Post by: Xplozyon on February 16, 2018, 04:46:45 am
Don't know if we need moderators but we certainly need rules here because it's a fact that the intelligence quotient of a forum or social network without limits is equal to that of the most idiot of its members. In the end it's all depend of how we want this forum to be. Do we want intellectual discussions or not.
Post by: Dakkythebeast on February 16, 2018, 05:56:36 am
I voted yes.  Use the community to manage the forums as volunteers,  there's no need to pay someone for it.  Obviously, you will want to check into this person.  Moderation should be within bounds of course.  If someone is giving death threats then obviously things like that should be moderated.  As far as topics being diverged into another, I.e. "how do I get a mount?" to people in the reply section talking about how they think the game sucks.  I am not sure, that's something you guys will need to think about.  I do believe that a little moderation is good though, the Darkfall community can get a bit ornery at times and sometimes it should be put in its place.
Post by: Seronys on February 16, 2018, 06:54:43 am
Don't know if we need moderators but we certainly need rules here because it's a fact that the intelligence quotient of a forum or social network without limits is equal to that of the most idiot of its members. In the end it's all depend of how we want this forum to be. Do we want intellectual discussions or not.

No, go back to RoA.
Post by: wakko151 on February 16, 2018, 10:35:26 am
Darkfall has a long tradition of not giving a fuck and I for one appreciate that more then anything else featured.
Post by: Xplozyon on February 16, 2018, 11:34:05 am

No, go back to RoA.
Don't know what you're talking about I played Roa a week and left. And Tbh, that's exactly the kind of answer that pollutes the forum. There is some good brain in here but when they post, 1 or 2 post later the tread becomes a mess. It seems that the more it stink, the more you guys likes it to live this shit.
Post by: Natris on February 16, 2018, 12:00:08 pm
Darkfall has a long tradition of not giving a fuck and I for one appreciate that more then anything else featured.
Darkfall has also long tradition of having toxic forum, and of dying. So we may want to try to change stuff this time :)
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on February 16, 2018, 12:01:46 pm

No, go back to RoA.
Don't know what you're talking about I played Roa a week and left. And Tbh, that's exactly the kind of answer that pollutes the forum. There is some good brain in here but when they post, 1 or 2 post later the tread becomes a mess. It seems that the more it stink, the more you guys likes it to live this shit.

It's a meme mate, the fanboys always think you're from ROA if you post anything criticising the game.
Post by: fitteslim on February 16, 2018, 12:13:16 pm
Get rid of a handful of unlettered, childish trolls and it's all good.
Post by: Kavorka on February 16, 2018, 12:59:57 pm
Forum moderation only works if you have highly experienced moderators who are able to separate personal convictions from diversity of opinion while maintaining fluidity of a conversation. Very rarely happens. Of course you guys seem to have a bit of a socialism streak going which means you'll suffer, along with everyone else, until you realise eventually, hopefully not too late, that socialism doesn't work.
Post by: wakko151 on February 17, 2018, 06:15:07 am
Forum moderation only works if you have highly experienced moderators who are able to separate personal convictions from diversity of opinion while maintaining fluidity of a conversation. Very rarely happens. Of course you guys seem to have a bit of a socialism streak going which means you'll suffer, along with everyone else, until you realise eventually, hopefully not too late, that socialism doesn't work.

This will never happen. So be an adult and if you don't like someones response, accept the fact that everyone is not you and move on. Forcing other people to conform to your ideology leads to Stalin and World of Warcraft.
Post by: Mordisk on February 17, 2018, 06:28:25 am
Someones gotta handle the spambots that drop phishing links.
Post by: ImpalerWrG on February 17, 2018, 09:20:49 am
Pro moderation is moving into a stronger lead, now winning by 3:1
Post by: BobbyJoe on February 19, 2018, 02:19:44 am
Pro moderation is moving into a stronger lead, now winning by 3:1

It's been the same percentage for a long time...
Post by: TripBunny on February 19, 2018, 02:30:24 am
Yeah there is one that tries to advertise viagra.
Post by: Seronys on February 19, 2018, 03:21:39 am

They know their target market.
Post by: TripBunny on February 19, 2018, 03:27:22 am

Stop projecting.
Post by: Seronys on February 19, 2018, 03:47:17 am

Stop projecting.

A Viagra company is marketing their product on a website they KNOW 60 year old dudes frequent. What am I projecting? Their marketing efficiency?

Post by: TripBunny on February 19, 2018, 03:47:48 am

Stop projecting.

A Viagra company is marketing their product on a website they KNOW 60 year old dudes frequent. What am I projecting? Their marketing efficiency?

You tell me?

(https://i.imgur.com/d3MWUIo.png)
Post by: Aglorien on February 22, 2018, 11:24:28 am
MODERATE THE FORUMS

same 5-6 retards on every thread spamming nonsense

Post by: gosti on February 22, 2018, 11:28:00 am
So, pretty decisive results.

When do we start?
Post by: ironkid on February 22, 2018, 11:29:49 am
Please dont take away forumfall from us!
Post by: Copperfield on February 22, 2018, 12:50:17 pm
i think you should moderate your game first instead of the forums
Post by: gosti on February 22, 2018, 12:54:56 pm

Top quality posts of yours recently.
Post by: Aglorien on February 22, 2018, 03:28:18 pm
pathetic roa scums giving game advice lol
Post by: Baxter on February 26, 2018, 08:51:20 am
Communication is key. Communicate more on the most heated and controversial topics, similar to what has been done during InDev.

All sections except one should be restricted to active accounts. Heavy moderation on the public one, minimal on the subscribers part.

Never delete a post or thread, unless asked by the author.
Post by: Finnad on February 26, 2018, 08:56:35 am
I'm for subscriber only sections, especially one for giving feedback.

That said constant negativity / toxicity is a huge turn off for new players (and vets tbh) and should probably be moderated to a degree
Post by: Waylander on February 26, 2018, 05:39:06 pm
I'm for subscriber only sections, especially one for giving feedback.

That said constant negativity / toxicity is a huge turn off for new players (and vets tbh) and should probably be moderated to a degree

This please.

Same 5-6 shitheads spewing negativity / toxicity into each thread. Get rid of them and you can save yourself a lot of time moderating the form.

If you dont do it, every new player who checks the forum, will get a totally wrong impression about the state of the game.

Or outsource the moderation task to trusted players.
Post by: Jimdangle on February 26, 2018, 05:59:24 pm
To be fair this is a mini example of real life politics and how the citizens freely give their rights of freedom of speech away. It's a slippery slope fellas. Have a good day!

Quite funny reading such stupidity from people.

Let me attempt to break down the differences from "free speech" and no consequences.

In America, we have freedom of speech. This means just because someone or the government disagrees, as long as we don't incite violence we are supported. However, NONE of us can walk into the white house, a police office, a government building, a restaurant, and proclaim everyone deserves to die without any ramifications. You also can't be a bigoted idiot, and or generally just inflammatory because these are private or government buildings/areas.

Try to walk up to a police officer and say "heh heh u are a bitch". He will swiftly punish you for such words, because even though speech is free it doesn't mean it doesn't come with consequences.

This forum should be lightly moderated, only ban or censor people who AREN'T about having a discussion and just want to flame, derail, and/or misinform. This has been the case on nearly ever forum ever. Just obviously don't get ban happy. But it can't be debated, that a new player coming to the forum seeing the same idiots spam/post things that are either flat wrong (details of the game for example), or actively trying to mislead/flame.
Post by: SoethThoth on February 26, 2018, 07:13:55 pm
Over on the RoA forums @aparks was told to go back to DND.

The mods deleted it lol

Talk about baby gloves

Post by: corizo on February 26, 2018, 10:52:56 pm
Freedom of opinions, no freedom for insults. Moderate the forums and get rid of cancerous replies with no substance. It's honestly too much here and freakingly annoying.
Post by: Seronys on February 27, 2018, 01:37:24 am

The mods deleted it lol

Talk about baby gloves

The irony. OH LORD THE IRONY.
Post by: Dreading on February 27, 2018, 03:10:17 am
How long does it take to allow community members to ban these chinking the forum fuckbois?
Its pretty fucking obvious whats going on here. Blizzard did research 5 years ago and found the number one reason people leave games is toxicity. And is exactly what the chinkening is trying to bring to us. And they have do this to every version of darkfall.
FUCK THEM. BAN THEM. REGION LOCK THE GAME.
Post by: Fuh Q on February 27, 2018, 03:28:51 am
I was halfway considering playing again, checked out the forums, and saw this thread. I voted no, and then saw how many people voted yes. After seeing that I have to say... this game seems to be full of carebears (and crybabies)!
Post by: SoethThoth on February 27, 2018, 03:45:33 am
this game seems to be full of carebears (and crybabies)!

And Fanbois too
Post by: Battle Smurf on February 27, 2018, 04:04:54 am

The mods deleted it lol

Talk about baby gloves

(http://overlymanlyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/gloves-you-mean-bitch-mittens.jpg)
Post by: Aglorien on March 09, 2018, 01:07:14 pm
bump
Post by: ketaminedub on March 10, 2018, 07:22:05 am
DF forums have been the most toxic forums i have ever been in since DFO. Noone i know even reads them because its total troll aids. Get rid of the super toxic bottom feeders that are trying to ruin your game.
Post by: Aglorien on March 20, 2018, 05:31:02 pm
@Ub3rgames

are you considering moderation by the year 2025 ?
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on March 20, 2018, 05:36:53 pm
@Ub3rgames

Moderate it with their 2 man dev team.
Post by: DarkKnightNomeD on March 20, 2018, 05:43:09 pm
Will both of you cunts quit forum sliding?
Post by: HarvestR on March 21, 2018, 04:59:32 am
Make subscribers forums only too please.
Post by: pesadelo on March 21, 2018, 11:46:09 am
@Ub3rgames

This ...Just moderate forums  or give it to the most sane known players to moderate , this forums are shitshow.
Post by: Gorf on March 21, 2018, 06:55:49 pm
Criticism is fine, but local trolls repeating same shit all over again drove already most of the people away from forum. I personally visit them rarely and completely ignore topics and posts from certain people such as camera one, seronyms or whatever these "people" nicknamed themselves, since they are so toxic and childish spreading hatred and negativity everywhere.

Also please make subscriber only section.
Post by: Thirst on March 23, 2018, 03:56:25 pm
you should have lux arcana players mod these forums like their discord win/win
Post by: _SeeD_ on March 23, 2018, 03:59:02 pm
Maybe have one non-subscriber forum and the rest subscriber-only?
Post by: kingwae112 on March 23, 2018, 04:22:15 pm
sig check
Post by: _SeeD_ on March 23, 2018, 04:32:16 pm
sig check
3/9
Post by: kingwae112 on March 23, 2018, 04:39:40 pm
sig check
3/9
thank you darling
Post by: inkarnation on March 23, 2018, 05:17:09 pm
sig check
that sig is 10/10
Post by: psychobilly on March 23, 2018, 05:19:34 pm

Fuck moderation and instead just reply to all the game breaking issues.
Post by: Bloodymurderer on March 23, 2018, 05:36:09 pm
Does that mean you are going to moderate threads where we bash other games?

If that's so, add a ''spam'' sub forum and don't moderate it unless ppl decide to take it to the extreme since there are things we obviously don't give a pass such as giving real life informations and stuff.
Post by: Yeti Magic on March 24, 2018, 03:33:58 am
Moderate this cesspool please.
Post by: breannor on March 24, 2018, 01:09:21 pm
people with no sub should not be able to post on this forum...
Post by: BobbyJoe on March 24, 2018, 07:07:34 pm
You really need to moderate these forums, it's brutal and it's impossible to enjoy them anymore how they have gone. Make a subscriber only section for everything and a public only section for non-subs.
Post by: neitsabesax on March 28, 2018, 02:25:05 pm
Definitely yes,
I'm basically just reading the devs posts here, or topics I've been pointed to by clanmates, as the amount of noise, negativity, hate between specific posters and overall lack of distance and reflection makes it really annoying to browse the forums.
Or just leave the off-topic unmoderated.
Very unlike my experience of the game where I do have fun, and people are often friendly wether they die or kill.
Post by: Aglorien on April 07, 2018, 11:33:16 am
Should we moderate the forums?
February 15, 2018

get your shit together
Post by: Darkwulf on April 07, 2018, 09:33:29 pm
I cant believe how stupid Uber is for not moderating these forums from the beginning.  How the hell do youexpect to sell something when your OWN web page is filled with negative comments.  Most of which is total bullshit.

This is almost as dumb as putting your server in FRANCE.

That is all I have to say about this topic.  I will go back to being a Fanboi now.
Post by: amejis85 on April 07, 2018, 09:44:21 pm
@Ub3rgames moderate forums
Post by: Divinorum on April 08, 2018, 03:53:50 am
Please moderate the forums by making active sub required to post.  I want to hear all the feedback even if I think its negative from active players only.

Thanks
Post by: BobbyJoe on April 08, 2018, 04:07:35 am
I cant believe how stupid Uber is for not moderating these forums from the beginning.  How the hell do youexpect to sell something when your OWN web page is filled with negative comments.  Most of which is total bullshit.

This is almost as dumb as putting your server in FRANCE.

That is all I have to say about this topic.  I will go back to being a Fanboi now.
When your most devout fans are pissed at this, you should listen.

Moderate, make a subscriber only section. It will have far less voices but far less noise!
Post by: 4ifirnul on April 08, 2018, 11:56:59 am
No,you shouldnt moderate the forum.You only need to protect it from spam attacks.
Post by: 4ifirnul on April 08, 2018, 11:58:41 am
Please moderate the forums by making active sub required to post.  I want to hear all the feedback even if I think its negative from active players only.

Thanks
only this,yes,pls.
Active sub,but freedom of speech.
Post by: 4ifirnul on April 08, 2018, 12:00:33 pm
I cant believe how stupid Uber is for not moderating these forums from the beginning.  How the hell do youexpect to sell something when your OWN web page is filled with negative comments. 
do you want them to hide the truth with only good comments?but its like bullshit then
Post by: Niburu on April 08, 2018, 12:12:49 pm
I cant believe how stupid Uber is for not moderating these forums from the beginning.  How the hell do youexpect to sell something when your OWN web page is filled with negative comments. 
do you want them to hide the truth with only good comments?but its like bullshit then

just filter out the useless critism. Keep it constructive. Noo need to read the 10x time local banking sucks when its part of the game.
Post by: Mycke on April 08, 2018, 06:04:20 pm
No,you shouldnt moderate the forum.You only need to protect it from spam attacks.

says the guy making 3 posts in a row....
Post by: Tolbin on April 09, 2018, 04:57:04 am
4if now on ignore... suggest others do the same
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on April 09, 2018, 05:10:53 am

Haven't you quit yet ? like @SoethThoth and many other fanboys after they realised we were all correct ?
Post by: Malekh on April 09, 2018, 05:39:30 am

Haven't you quit yet ? like @SoethThoth and many other fanboys after they realised we were all correct ?

They didn't quit, they just moved to path of exiles like all the players who were 'right'.
Post by: SupremeBeing on April 11, 2018, 12:34:05 am
an overwhelming yes, and whilst I don't agree with full moderation it's nerving to see that Ub3r makes a thread/poll 2 months ago and then never touches on it again when the community has clearly answered his questions!

either he can't be arsed or he's incapable

you pick
Post by: SomeBK on April 11, 2018, 07:17:59 am

They didn't quit, they just moved to path of exiles like all the players who were 'right'.

This shit is so true. So many fanboys here feeding Ub3r biased feedback throughout all of inDev and jumping down any reasonable person's disagreements by trying to help Uber pump rainbows into people's asses on so many subjects.

Now these fuckers have skated off to other games and left us to deal with playing this alt tab fest/travel simulator. Many even have the nerve to still come on here and spew fan boy gargle when they're bored
Post by: inkarnation on April 12, 2018, 06:44:13 am

This shit is so true. So many fanboys here feeding Ub3r biased feedback throughout all of inDev and jumping down any reasonable person's disagreements by trying to help Uber pump rainbows into people's asses on so many subjects.

Now these fuckers have skated off to other games and left us to deal with playing this alt tab fest/travel simulator. Many even have the nerve to still come on here and spew fan boy gargle when they're bored
what do you mean alt tab fest? youre gonna act like alts are a problem? theyre only 5% of the pop and give no real advantage

10 alts here btw
Post by: jah530 on April 14, 2018, 03:18:10 am
I've played since launch and this is my first post.  I've been enjoying playing Darkfall again for what ubergames can offer.  I browse the forums occasionally for updates, etc.  I can't really relate to most of the garbage on the forums, i'm assuming most of the guys are adults i'm not sure.

Post by: SomeBK on April 14, 2018, 05:40:30 am
I've played since launch and this is my first post.  I've been enjoying playing Darkfall again for what ubergames can offer.  I browse the forums occasionally for updates, etc.  I can't really relate to most of the garbage on the forums, i'm assuming most of the guys are adults i'm not sure.

This guy sees the vision. Stick with it my friend. You wouldn't happen to be the guy selling arrows and r10 training bows (for practice) in Niasha would you?
Post by: lambdaExpression on April 30, 2018, 10:07:45 pm
I think we seen enough today. Time to take action. 
Post by: SomeBK on April 30, 2018, 10:30:37 pm
Fucking shitshow
Post by: fitteslim on June 16, 2018, 06:01:24 pm
@Ub3rgames  What happened to this?
Post by: lambdaExpression on June 17, 2018, 05:28:31 am
@Ub3rgames  What happened to this?

Ub3rgames believes that fear, uncertainty, doubt and exaggeration, lies by these trolls in the official forum doesn't impact potential new players and leads.

Beside with their current million Euro marketing campaign, who cares if few people who comes here don't gets converted to a customer. 

So far it's working very well. I can hardly use the bank in starter cities because they are always swarmed by new players.
Post by: SomeBK on June 17, 2018, 05:43:15 am
Oh boy. Times are really getting hard when the fan boys are blaming the forums for lack of population. If that was the case, there shouldn't have been a single soul playing at launch
Post by: Tolbin on June 17, 2018, 07:34:31 am
While people are allowed to be wrong, some folks go beyond that and need to be removed. Up to 75% in favour atm. In the meantime, the ignore function is very helpful.
Post by: gosti on June 17, 2018, 11:08:28 am
Oh boy. Times are really getting hard when the fan boys are blaming the forums for lack of population. If that was the case, there shouldn't have been a single soul playing at launch

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,9991.msg159155.html?PHPSESSID=avn7rs35a8vsoicadv3ohjcia2#new

This is why ppl want moderation. Not because they think pop is low because some nerds failed at their lifes.
Post by: KevinDL on June 17, 2018, 12:03:29 pm
It's okay to want moderation due to hate, obvious bots and personal grudges (All that duel shit is stupid as fuck to allow in "General"... or anywhere really).

It's not okay to want moderation against people sharing their opinions on the game that so happen to be negative.  Not everything is sunshine and lolipops in the land of Agon and people should be allowed to openly express their thoughts without being personally attacked or called a troll.
Post by: SomeBK on June 17, 2018, 07:04:08 pm

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,9991.msg159155.html?PHPSESSID=avn7rs35a8vsoicadv3ohjcia2#new

This is why ppl want moderation. Not because they think pop is low because some nerds failed at their lifes.
I know you like to chime into threads without even reading the posts before yours because you think your comments have more weight than most but since you need me to assist you with that issue, I was responding to this.
Ub3rgames believes that fear, uncertainty, doubt and exaggeration, lies by these trolls in the official forum doesn't impact potential new players and leads.
You can carry on with your charax style comments now
Post by: Hyld on June 17, 2018, 07:34:33 pm
Most people are totally or partially avoiding these forums from a long time; in game chat channels new players were many times advised to avoid these forums as being toxic; as I already stated, if there is anything Ub3rgames did wrong (or avoided to do) is to moderate this forum.

On the other side moderation is very tricky, AV chose the "go with the latest trend" attitude, put a couple of SJW cretins in charge and they mindlessly ended up following the current western wimpy/lefty/spineless format: curb free speech (unless it conforms to the crappy Soros/Hollywood mantras) but leave childish name calling, personal insults and even rl threats unchallenged...(imo, to pretend that they do not actually censor the forum and, of course, due to the standard Stockholm syndrome of all wimpy types, they feel that any thug has "a right to express himself because he must have been an underprivileged person"...this is only my analysis on this, of course).

Is this "laissez Faire" attitude adopted by Ub3rgames the only possible way?

For me that childish and obsessive fools like Seronys have been allowed to post more than 10 times without being permanently banned is a sign of closing both eyes and letting a forum rot away...

Regards
HG
Post by: inkarnation on June 17, 2018, 07:40:40 pm
I can hardly use the bank in starter cities because they are always swarmed by new players.
lies by these trolls in the official forum
Post by: Big Abbo on June 17, 2018, 07:47:50 pm
you pussies need go suck a dick seriously if other peoples opinions are affecting you this much, cant believe people are asking to be censored. yet they all are advocating racial hatred and war.

hypocrisy at its finest.
Post by: SomeBK on June 17, 2018, 08:37:12 pm
Also hilarious that the most participated thread currently on the first page of the general discussion is an 18 page long troll thread started by a self proclaimed non troll, has supposed trolls and non trolls alike participating in it and contains a discussion pertaining to the latest in game content.

I'd say the people crying "moderation" are also the very people feeding the items they want to see moderated. Stay affected guys, I get it
Post by: fitteslim on June 17, 2018, 09:05:38 pm
Looks like the three stooges are taking over this one as well with their spam. Colour me surprised.
Post by: Hyld on June 17, 2018, 09:36:34 pm
you pussies need go suck a dick seriously if other peoples opinions are affecting you this much, cant believe people are asking to be censored. yet they all are advocating racial hatred and war.

hypocrisy at its finest.

Why am I even replying to you? For the new players that might bump here by mistake.

Your trash language is itself proof of how down this forum (and our society) has gone.

"Opinions" ? typing, trolling, spamming, trash language are NOT opinions

Censorship is curbing on IDEAS not putting the little arrogant thugs in the naughty corner....

But honestly it is not your fault, our society has gone so down..... the media in general is more inspired by "hooded rap", Love Island and other troglodyte MTV type of stuff than anything valuable.

There are only a few dumb wannabe gangsta left in the yard...most decent people, most people with an IQ higher than 60 are not wasting their time here anymore.....congratulations you are now kings of the basketball court....evidence is the trash in the corners and the smell of weed....enjoy.

Regards
HG
Post by: Big Abbo on June 17, 2018, 09:49:05 pm
@fitteslim @Hyld and this is why i posted.

make you guys down in your own tears over a post i made, after being told the solution to your problem.

its so funny that you guys are supposed to be adults.
babies more like. just want an opportunity cry.
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on June 17, 2018, 09:50:44 pm
No need, games dead already.
Post by: SomeBK on June 17, 2018, 10:05:17 pm
Looks like the three stooges are taking over this one as well with their spam. Colour me surprised.
Literally the same could be said about you, Iamda and Mycke.

You guys are the ones doing God's work on these boards according to you right?

InB4 another cheesy 1-2 liner from charax the idiot who can't count
Post by: Mycke on June 17, 2018, 10:07:35 pm
Hey guys did you know trolling a forum of a game you dont play is just like confronting forum trolls for a game you do play?

Yeah me neither....
Post by: Blackmeat Bonekiller on June 17, 2018, 10:19:32 pm
Forumfall is the only time you get to meet players
Post by: fitteslim on June 17, 2018, 10:22:17 pm
Literally the same could be said about you, Iamda and Mycke.

You guys are the ones doing God's work on these boards according to you right?

InB4 another cheesy 1-2 liner from charax the idiot who can't count
Are you Larry, Moe or Curly?
Post by: SomeBK on June 17, 2018, 11:44:39 pm
QFT

Willing to bet the forum crusaders in here preaching "game's fine bro" spend more time and have more player interaction in these threads than in the actual game.

I'm curly by the way charax. I believe Abbo is Larry at the moment.
Post by: Kenman on June 18, 2018, 12:33:36 am
QFT

Willing to bet the forum crusaders in here preaching "game's fine bro" spend more time and have more player interaction in these threads than in the actual game.

I'm curly by the way charax. I believe Abbo is Larry at the moment.

Player interaction is very important. How many conversations do you guys see going on in-game?
Post by: BobbyJoe on June 18, 2018, 04:20:17 am
Player interaction is very important. How many conversations do you guys see going on in-game?

I hope a heck of a lot more than the threads here...

Haven't played in a few months myself, unsure if I'll ever return my vigor for this version is gone pretty much.
Post by: Hyld on June 18, 2018, 01:52:05 pm
@fitteslim @Hyld and this is why i posted.

make you guys down in your own tears over a post i made, after being told the solution to your problem.

its so funny that you guys are supposed to be adults.
babies more like. just want an opportunity cry.

So this person made a post on a forum of a game he openly dislikes in order to ...''hurt'' the feelings of people he has never met in his life....

I am telling you Ub3rgames, get rid of immature people that clearly have personal issues and are not even playing the game....

Regards
HG
Post by: xsevenbeta on June 18, 2018, 02:24:57 pm
So this person made a post on a forum of a game he openly dislikes in order to ...''hurt'' the feelings of people he has never met in his life....
I am telling you Ub3rgames, get rid of immature people that clearly have personal issues and are not even playing the game....

Regards
HG
I pretty sure, nomral players soon will left this forum, what full of SHITT . In every fucking thread i see their retarded posts.
Post by: lambdaExpression on June 18, 2018, 05:42:09 pm

Regards
HG
I pretty sure, nomral players soon will left this forum, what full of SHITT . In every fucking thread i see their retarded posts.

We are unfortunately dealing with lack of professionalism from @Ub3rgames  when it comes to community relationship . They are talented developer, but that doesn't translate to other aspects of running successful business. 

Every successful game I played promotes an atmosphere to encourage different ideas and criticism. However none of them tolerate blatant trolling that are rampant in here. Even Reddt has anti trolling policy. This toxic environment isolate regular players and reduces their participation. These forums are main source of information for majority of the current and potential customer.

While this toxicity is very entertaining to some, they are detrimental to growth and appeal no matter how anyone wants to spin it.
Post by: SomeBK on June 18, 2018, 08:31:54 pm
The afformentioned "toxicity" has been a part of these forums throughout all inDev. The difference back then is there were far more good people and topics being discussed.

Through the "toxicity" came a population of great size that exceeded the population of inDev at launch with just as much "toxicity" (maybe even a bit more from the RoA shills) yet the forums still carried out a great deal of feedback and discussion.

If the success of this game stems from the censorship or lack of censorship on these forums then why did the game have so many people playing in spite of this huge shortcoming?

I get where the whole argument for moderation is coming from but get the fuck out of here if you think one of the contributing factors to the population decline are these forums.

You're throwing a little too much shade in another area because your fanboyism won't let you think anything else.
Post by: mrW on June 18, 2018, 10:06:47 pm
Close the forums down
Post by: Helwyr on June 18, 2018, 10:57:46 pm
The toxicity found on this forum has been the norm of the Darkfall community going back to the later stages of DF1 beta. The only time Darkfall had a good community and a decent forum was the years preceding the release of the original game.

There's no point Ub3rgames doing anything with the forum right now.  Once Ub3r has finished developing the basics of the game and reinstated paid subscriptions then it's time to do that sort of stuff. Which I think would be deleting this forum and starting a new one which would mostly be access locked behind having a subscription.
Post by: lambdaExpression on June 19, 2018, 12:10:26 am
The toxicity found on this forum has been the norm of the Darkfall community going back to the later stages of DF1 beta. The only time Darkfall had a good community and a decent forum was the years preceding the release of the original game.

There's no point Ub3rgames doing anything with the forum right now.  Once Ub3r has finished developing the basics of the game and reinstated paid subscriptions then it's time to do that sort of stuff. Which I think would be deleting this forum and starting a new one which would mostly be access locked behind having a subscription.

Don't hold your breath if you're waiting for a relaunch. Every iteration of Darkfall had less population than the previous one. Population-wise DFO > DFUW > RoA/DND > RoA2/DND2. Open world, Full Loot, FPS combat is not a big deal as it was in 2009. You can forget about reinstating subscription. In my alliance 2/3 of the players will not return. That ship to charge subscription has sailed.
Post by: Helwyr on June 19, 2018, 12:51:55 am

Don't hold your breath if you're waiting for a relaunch. Every iteration of Darkfall had less population than the previous one. Population-wise DFO > DFUW > RoA/DND > RoA2/DND2. Open world, Full Loot, FPS combat is not a big deal as it was in 2009. You can forget about reinstating subscription. In my alliance 2/3 of the players will not return. That ship to charge subscription has sailed.

I said nothing about a relaunch of the game, I said an eventual relaunch of the forums. Without subscriptions or some sort of steady revenue why would Ub3rgames continue developing and maintaining this game? They wouldn't.
Post by: Rimamok on June 19, 2018, 02:05:21 am
Once upon a time I was neutral on this subject, but I'm now of the opinion that the forums need to be protected.  At least three consistent posters exhibit signs of true mental disorder, so this is no longer an issue of "free speech".
Post by: SomeBK on June 19, 2018, 03:55:46 am
Once upon a time I was neutral on this subject, but I'm now of the opinion that the forums need to be protected.  At least three consistent posters exhibit signs of true mental disorder, so this is no longer an issue of "free speech".
Ah yes, the classic diagnosis of someone's mental state via internet chat forum.

Quick question: If we choose to moderate the forums with a community manager similar to how RoA did, who do we deem qualified for that role? Does that person make the same "mental assessments" as you do? Does that person even work in that area of expertise? If that person does work in that field, are they overqualified for this role or can they even properly exercise their practice via random forum posts?

All censorship does is create a bias or "good ole boys" club like it did in RoA. Once MWTailor started moderating the forums, all the "yes men" over there started heavily influencing every post especially in the suggestions threads. Ask @Mycke this guy used to go rounds with super star and their other shills until guys like him, Maejol, Adun etc were either squelched or simply gave up.

There currently is a form of moderation right now because I'll see penis pill ads from time to time but they get quickly removed. Anything beyond that will have the exact same effect it did in RoA. I agree with @Helwyr that anything further can wait until after more development has been implemented
Post by: Rimamok on June 19, 2018, 04:06:13 am
Certainly such power can be abused.  But someone repeating a one-liner "game is shit" over and over and over in every single thread just needs to be booted.

IMO a post that is purely destructive and adds no actual discussion points to a conversation should be given a warning, and three warnings should equal a ban.
Post by: AbusiveLover on June 19, 2018, 10:44:14 am
Certainly such power can be abused.  But someone repeating a one-liner "game is shit" over and over and over in every single thread just needs to be booted.

IMO a post that is purely destructive and adds no actual discussion points to a conversation should be given a warning, and three warnings should equal a ban.

Or is it a fair and succinct review of the game from their point of view?

I can diagnose from your posts that you are narcissist and have no concept of any worldview other than your own. You must seek mental help immediately.

Post by: dariobrun on June 19, 2018, 10:50:40 am
There is moderation and moderation. Blocking all posts just because they have criticism toward the game would be completely wrong.
Blocking single liners "game is dead", "this is crap" and useless posts like those it is good moderation.

No one is saying there should be only fanboys writing nor that the game is flawless and everything is perfect. But one thing is constructive cristicism, explaining why you think something is wrong and what you think would be a better way to do something, another one is just saying that something is wrong, that the game is doomed, scaring away potential new players, insulting other players and things like that: that has NO use at all, it brings no valuable feedback and just serves the purpose of giving the idea that the whole community is crap (which is far from the truth)...for those kind of posts, yes i 100% prefer if there is someone moderating.

Post by: AbusiveLover on June 19, 2018, 11:21:40 am
There is moderation and moderation. Blocking all posts just because they have criticism toward the game would be completely wrong.
Blocking single liners "game is dead", "this is crap" and useless posts like those it is good moderation.

No one is saying there should be only fanboys writing nor that the game is flawless and everything is perfect. But one thing is constructive cristicism, explaining why you think something is wrong and what you think would be a better way to do something, another one is just saying that something is wrong, that the game is doomed, scaring away potential new players, insulting other players and things like that: that has NO use at all, it brings no valuable feedback and just serves the purpose of giving the idea that the whole community is crap (which is far from the truth)...for those kind of posts, yes i 100% prefer if there is someone moderating.

People arent required to explain their views. If you think somethings crap you are not obliged to defend your opinion because to you it is crap. It just makes your feedback rather unhelpful but is not inherently wrong.

Spamming it, being abusive and creating troll posts is something that should be moderated.

This is why community management should be done via someone outside of the community.
Post by: dariobrun on June 19, 2018, 02:18:27 pm
People arent required to explain their views. If you think somethings crap you are not obliged to defend your opinion because to you it is crap. It just makes your feedback rather unhelpful but is not inherently wrong.

Spamming it, being abusive and creating troll posts is something that should be moderated.

This is why community management should be done via someone outside of the community.
I can agree with this, even though i still think that just posting a single liner just stating this is crap is pretty much useless, i can see that it should not be moderated either...unless that same person start repeating the same single liner in every thread and start just spamming the forums (like it is happening here with a few users).
That's even more true when that same "criticism" is completely unrealted to the topic in discussion in a specific thread. For example saying "game is dead" or things like that in a thread talking about character builds, has no reason not to be moderated and deleted since it is completely unrelated to that topic
Post by: pellaz on June 19, 2018, 04:53:05 pm
@Ub3rgames will surely start aggressively moderating the forums when someone self harms due to the rampant bullying that @Ub3rgames allows to continue. But by that point they may find it's too late to start; they'll certainly be sued by family and investigated by France for allowing unregulated bullying in the first place and won't be able to fall back on ignorance that it's been happening.

@Ub3rgames  - the community has overwhelmingly voted in favour of moderation. Do it! Allow constructive criticism, but not toxicity or bullying.
Post by: Mycke on June 19, 2018, 05:35:04 pm
@Ub3rgames will surely start aggressively moderating the forums when someone self harms due to the rampant bullying that @Ub3rgames allows to continue. But by that point they may find it's too late to start; they'll certainly be sued by family and investigated by France for allowing unregulated bullying in the first place and won't be able to fall back on ignorance that it's been happening.

@Ub3rgames  - the community has overwhelmingly voted in favour of moderation. Do it! Allow constructive criticism, but not toxicity or bullying.

Well given I intentionally draw their fixations and im sure as hell not going to 'self harm' because of some 80 iq kids on a game forum are mean to me, so I don't think that going to happen any time soon lol
Post by: SomeBK on June 19, 2018, 05:40:34 pm

Already happened during inDev with rawrgasm and his buddies finding naturezz's online dating profile and ubergames reluctantly stepped in and took care of it.

You're basically asking for these guys to hurry up and start monitoring online bullying when both offenders and victims have not revealed who their real identities are and are both discussing things pertaining to a video game whether directly or indirectly.

Do you know how odd that sounds?
Post by: pellaz on June 19, 2018, 05:50:15 pm

Already happened during inDev with rawrgasm and his buddies finding naturezz's online dating profile and ubergames reluctantly stepped in and took care of it.

You're basically asking for these guys to hurry up and start monitoring online bullying when both offenders and victims have not revealed who their real identities are and are both discussing things pertaining to a video game whether directly or indirectly.

Not odd at all. You don't need to know someone else's personal identity to bully them online. Whether you want to admit it, you have a responsibility for your actions online, even if you think you're hiding behind a degree of anonymity. I'd keep that in mind when you post.
Post by: pellaz on June 19, 2018, 05:54:41 pm

Well given I intentionally draw their fixations and im sure as hell not going to 'self harm' because of some 80 iq kids on a game forum are mean to me, so I don't think that going to happen any time soon lol

I'm glad you have that strength. While the harassment you receive is certainly an example, there are plenty of other examples of ongoing harassment. @Ub3rgames has a responsibility here that I think they're going to regret ignoring (assuming they do continue ignoring it).
Post by: SomeBK on June 19, 2018, 05:56:19 pm

Not odd at all. You don't need to know someone else's personal identity to bully them online.
True but you're asking a mom and pop dev studio to do this with people who have incognito names. Not even Facebook can effectively police online bullying and everyone knows each other.

You my friend are the new age of thinkers who want rules for everything, the police to investigate the work you listen to your next door neighbor doing and you probably call the cops if someone takes the parking spot you were patiently waiting in que for.

You want all these world issues taken care of by someone else and you want everyone to adhere to the rules yet you have not a care for who will pay to enforce these rules. You just automatically assume it will be taken care of.

Man up
Post by: Mycke on June 19, 2018, 05:57:12 pm

I'm glad you have that strength. While the harassment you receive is certainly an example, there are plenty of other examples of ongoing harassment. @Ub3rgames has a responsibility here that I think they're going to regret ignoring (assuming they do continue ignoring it).

Im intentionally the shiny object that draws their attention to keep it from getting focused too much on others, its a community service ;)
Post by: cutsmyself on June 19, 2018, 11:59:49 pm

Snowflakes these days.

The world is a hard place, if you kill yourself because someone bullies you online maybe the human race didn't need you breeding into it.

The world isn't full of safe spots, rainbows, and sunshine. The quicker people understand that the better they can deal with reality.
Post by: SomeBK on June 20, 2018, 12:09:19 am

Snowflakes these days.

The world is a hard place, if you kill yourself because someone bullies you online maybe the human race didn't need you breeding into it.

The world isn't full of safe spots, rainbows, and sunshine. The quicker people understand that the better they can deal with reality.
QFT

Too many guppies who don't understand what natural selection means.

I'm definitely not some gung ho evolutionist but if you don't believe it's real, just take a look at how people act at an event with lots of people and not much security or ushers. It's usually the ones with a dumbfound look on their face that would be the first to go should shit ever hit the fan in their area. Also, ask yourself: If you are attending an event and someone is in your seat that you clearly have tickets for, do you confront them or do you get an usher to come do it for you?
Post by: Pallist Horror on June 20, 2018, 12:16:52 am
This topic wasn't made about snowflakes or players bickering or hard feelings.

The issue are the people trying to sabotage the game. No one gives a shit who insults who around here. Ub3r was asking if they should draw a line on what is criticism vs deliberate attacks against the game.
Post by: SomeBK on June 20, 2018, 01:01:07 am
This topic wasn't made about snowflakes or players bickering or hard feelings.
You do realize the topic was changed because that's what the people involved felt it should've been geared towards right? I mean I agree 100% with you but that's just what happens on these forums. Either the trolls take things in another direction or the self righteous "non trolls" pull it in another direction.

If you haven't learned to skim past the garbage or at least been on here long enough to see who's posts are worth reading then you're on your own. Not many post on here to begin with so moderating 20-30 people is a waste of even a volunteer's time
Post by: Pallist Horror on June 20, 2018, 02:56:49 am
I'd prefer to not feed the trolls or give emo kids attention by allowing this thread to be about them.

No one gives a shit about their attack on other's feelings or how sad they are.

The problem, which continues, is Ub3r doesn't have the manpower to moderate and doesn't trust any volunteer mod to not going emo (like another known forum) and start deleting posts that make valid points.

So we're stuck with what we have.

If everyone would just report what you find to be damaging to the game and suck up what upsets them until the get a hug, we'd probably be okay.
Post by: AbusiveLover on June 20, 2018, 10:55:00 am

It's not like this is new to DF, doxxing happened A LOT during the glory days of DFO.

A lot of people here wont remember the SA/COTC/Hyperion days, but a LOT of people got doxxed/attempted blackmailed etc.

Most of the time it comes to nothing just "hahah i know your name and FB profile" like....yeah and? But then when people are stupid enough to use their IGN for dating profiles/weird shit and you can tie it all together it gets a bit weird.

Its 2018, by now we should all know how easy it is to find personal data online.
Post by: SomeBK on June 20, 2018, 05:16:44 pm

It's not like this is new to DF, doxxing happened A LOT during the glory days of DFO.

A lot of people here wont remember the SA/COTC/Hyperion days, but a LOT of people got doxxed/attempted blackmailed etc.

Most of the time it comes to nothing just "hahah i know your name and FB profile" like....yeah and? But then when people are stupid enough to use their IGN for dating profiles/weird shit and you can tie it all together it gets a bit weird.

Its 2018, by now we should all know how easy it is to find personal data online.
I'm with you man. Like I can give a fuck either way if someone were to know who I was in real life or find some dating profile but that's only because I'm happy with myself. I'd imagine many gamers are insecure and feel the need to have an image online so when they get found out they get all weird.

I think if you redid this poll you'd probably only find like 20 votes in favor of moderation with 10 of those names being ones who don't really frequent the forums. It's not worth it at least right now
Post by: Searven on June 20, 2018, 05:50:27 pm
Moderate pls. In every damn thread there are the same few retards writing the same bullshit over and over again. It gets annoying and i dont think any new player checking out the forum will like what they see (if you ever start to promote and we actually get new players that is).
Post by: SomeBK on June 20, 2018, 06:59:35 pm
(if you ever start to promote and we actually get new players that is)
Case in point

Not only is it a waste of time currently moderating the same few "retards" but there's also no point in moderating the same 4 people who can never construct a logical argument so they quickly resort to personal attacks.

Stay affected
Post by: Helwyr on June 20, 2018, 11:36:19 pm

I'm with you man. Like I can give a fuck either way if someone were to know who I was in real life or find some dating profile but that's only because I'm happy with myself. I'd imagine many gamers are insecure and feel the need to have an image online so when they get found out they get all weird. [...]

You might not care but Ub3rgames likely has to on that front given the EUs new privacy laws, and that Ub3rgames is based in France. Then again the GDPR which at least on the face of it is reasonable, is nothing compared to the new copy right laws being pushed through the EU right now in the form of Article 13. Should those become law I'd say forums such as this will simply be shut down by EU based companies if they can't afford massive moderation. The potential for liability is just too high otherwise.
Post by: Pallist Horror on June 21, 2018, 12:39:09 am
Wut
Post by: SomeBK on June 21, 2018, 01:10:00 am

I'm with you man. Like I can give a fuck either way if someone were to know who I was in real life or find some dating profile but that's only because I'm happy with myself. I'd imagine many gamers are insecure and feel the need to have an image online so when they get found out they get all weird. [...]

You might not care but Ub3rgames likely has to on that front given the EUs new privacy laws, and that Ub3rgames is based in France. Then again the GDPR which at least on the face of it is reasonable, is nothing compared to the new copy right laws being pushed through the EU right now in the form of Article 13. Should those become law I'd say forums such as this will simply be shut down by EU based companies if they can't afford massive moderation. The potential for liability is just too high otherwise.
Can't they just make a business that's US based and purely hosts an official/unofficial game forum?

Like I get the beuracracy issue but what's to stop them from using discord, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter etc to convey and discuss the topics needing to be discussed?
Post by: Helwyr on June 21, 2018, 08:24:23 am
Can't they just make a business that's US based and purely hosts an official/unofficial game forum?
Why would french people based in France do this exclusively for their NA players base?

Like I get the beuracracy issue but what's to stop them from using discord, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter etc to convey and discuss the topics needing to be discussed?

There's nothing stopping Ub3rgames or anyone else using those platforms (unless they've been banned from those platforms), But those platforms' parent companies will have to comply with the laws themselves if they wish to service people in the EU. Facebook and Twitter already employ algos and large numbers of employees to moderate and censor their platforms and likely welcome such changes. But that's not what I was talking about. Discussing the future moderation of this forum, I'm saying that if these changes become law Ub3rgames will have to delete it to protect themselves. This is because Article 13 makes them become responsible for what we post and link. ... http://www.france24.com/en/20180618-germany-merkel-gets-two-week-deadline-talks-with-other-european-nations-must-report-july-1 ... i just violated Article 11. And if INKARN (who loves memes) comes and makes a meme out of the image of Merkel from that news article and posts it here he just violated the rules as well. But of course it's Ub3rgames who will be liable if they don't promptly remove our offending posts. Zero shits are given about EUs laws by either me in the US or INKARN in Canada, but that hardly helps Ub3rgames.
Post by: pellaz on June 21, 2018, 09:55:00 am

Snowflakes these days.

You realise you're playing a game, right? This isn't about teaching people about harsh realities of the real world and to 'man up'. If it were, the adolescent bullies would actually be held accountable and we wouldn't be having this conversation. In the real world adults who don't act like adults don't get very far. Actually, that might explains why some people have so much time to post nonsense here...
Post by: pellaz on June 21, 2018, 10:03:26 am

Not odd at all. You don't need to know someone else's personal identity to bully them online.
True but you're asking a mom and pop dev studio to do this with people who have incognito names. Not even Facebook can effectively police online bullying and everyone knows each other.

You my friend are the new age of thinkers who want rules for everything, the police to investigate the work you listen to your next door neighbor doing and you probably call the cops if someone takes the parking spot you were patiently waiting in que for.

You want all these world issues taken care of by someone else and you want everyone to adhere to the rules yet you have not a care for who will pay to enforce these rules. You just automatically assume it will be taken care of.

Man up

Stop using pointless hyperbole. We're not talking about @Ub3rgames investigating individuals and reporting to the police (though they'll certainly find themselves in the middle of an investigation if something happens), but of them moderating the forums to remove toxicity and harassment. These have no place here, and they have a responsibility to moderate their forums, not to mention a legitimate business interest in doing so. The moment they decided to turn this into a business, they should have prepared for this. Better late than never, but they need to bring this on now.
Post by: AbusiveLover on June 21, 2018, 10:04:42 am

I dont see how this is actually relevant in this context.

Ub3r's obligations will be to make sure that any information input by a user into their details is not shown publically and cannot be gotten at by other users nor is it utilised internally for marketing etc etc.

If someone chooses the username "xXx420dickgobbler" and tells someone on the forums hes from London. And that person googles xXx420dickgobbler and finds a fetish site user from London called xXx420dickgobbler thats got absolutely nothing to do with Ub3r.
Post by: mrW on June 21, 2018, 10:09:00 am
(https://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/4700741.jpg)
Post by: SomeBK on June 21, 2018, 08:46:44 pm

Man up

Stop using pointless hyperbole. We're not talking about @Ub3rgames investigating individuals and reporting to the police (though they'll certainly find themselves in the middle of an investigation if something happens), but of them moderating the forums to remove toxicity and harassment. These have no place here, and they have a responsibility to moderate their forums, not to mention a legitimate business interest in doing so. The moment they decided to turn this into a business, they should have prepared for this. Better late than never, but they need to bring this on now.
This my friends is what's wrong in our real world today and these forums with the "importance" of moderation is a perfect example of it.

Snowflakes, betas, bitch boys etc. who are so affected they want a company to find a volunteer (yeah right) or a paid employee to sensor what they view when there's realistically maybe 20-40 people tops that frequent these boards on a daily basis for information and discussions on topics.

I'm not going to pick one of the many political debates people cry about in the real world because this isn't the place but my above examples are definitely not to come off as hyperboles. If you think they are then you've probably asked yourself if you're the type who can't confront someone in real life if they're in your seats at a ball game or if they took your parking spot.

You want rules for every aspect of your life including your experiences in a fucking video game forum when the forum has given you the plateform to simply figure out who the abusive posters are and simply block them.

Stay affected by what people post on the internet. It shows how cool you are
Post by: AbusiveLover on June 22, 2018, 10:26:12 am

Man up

This my friends is what's wrong in our real world today and these forums with the "importance" of moderation is a perfect example of it.

Snowflakes, betas, bitch boys etc. who are so affected they want a company to find a volunteer (yeah right) or a paid employee to sensor what they view when there's realistically maybe 20-40 people tops that frequent these boards on a daily basis for information and discussions on topics.

I'm not going to pick one of the many political debates people cry about in the real world because this isn't the place but my above examples are definitely not to come off as hyperboles. If you think they are then you've probably asked yourself if you're the type who can't confront someone in real life if they're in your seats at a ball game or if they took your parking spot.

You want rules for every aspect of your life including your experiences in a fucking video game forum when the forum has given you the plateform to simply figure out who the abusive posters are and simply block them.

Stay affected by what people post on the internet. It shows how cool you are

Judging by his(ooops sorry xe/xir) general manner and sig I have to assume Xe/Xir  consumes large amounts of soy based produce.
Post by: Baracuda on July 20, 2018, 12:30:42 pm
in regards to ub3rs moderate the forums poll

today I would vote yes, though for transparency reasons no thread should be deleted but moved to a spam archive at the bottom of the froums.
Post by: CreZee on July 20, 2018, 12:35:10 pm
you can vote however you'd like, but since development has stopped, it's irrelevant.

IE - Dead.
Post by: Giant on July 21, 2018, 06:15:22 pm
Either moderate your forum, or shut down your forum.
Post by: Rimamok on July 21, 2018, 06:18:40 pm
Either moderate your forum, or shut down your forum.

With literally an entire page of "game's dead" spammers, it doesn't really leave much room for doubt on the required action.
Post by: Nuyur on July 21, 2018, 08:34:25 pm
I think they should take baby steps first.
1. read the forums
2. post on forums
3. moderate forums

You cannot moderate what you do not read.
You cannot redirect discussions without participating.
Therefor, you cannot moderate without step 1 and 2.

But well, closing it all together would at present be a step forward aswell.
Post by: Hyld on July 21, 2018, 11:06:11 pm
I speculate that one of the possible explanations of Ub3rgames' silence on the forum is that they have released how it has been basically abandoned by the overwhelming majority of decent people and is now little more than a toxic playground for the demented Seronys/BlackmeatBrainKilled types...but seriously, how difficult would have been banning these noilfer cretins? We prayed for it many times...

Regards
HG
Post by: Nuyur on July 21, 2018, 11:12:30 pm
Its not hard to ban somebody.
Its also not hard to make a new account.

Moderating is more than just banning a few accounts and calling it a day
Post by: Hyld on July 21, 2018, 11:19:54 pm
Its not hard to ban somebody.
Its also not hard to make a new account.

Moderating is more than just banning a few accounts and calling it a day

Indeed...but for readers to see a few poor cretins openly  using the same account over and over to spout their negligible garbage is a very visible sign of surrendering to petty thugs.

SIGNS are as important as content if not more.

Banning cretins would have been an important sign.

Regards
HG
Post by: Rimamok on July 21, 2018, 11:24:29 pm
Plus, if you ban email addresses, then to make a new DND account, they'd need to go through the hassle of making a new email account.  You wouldn't stop the mentally disturbed ones who would keep coming back, but you'd probably get 3/4 of them not willing to bother.
Post by: Nuyur on July 22, 2018, 12:15:09 am
https://www.mailinator.com/
You can literally make anything and remember the password long enough to activate.
After that, who cares...
(also, did you know your browser can remember passwords and usernames, so really...its quite simple)

As for sending a message....
I understand banning them would give a better first impression of the boards. But if you actually bother to read it a few times in a week you will find one of these negative posts and at that point you begin to wonder howmuch is censord.

You need a CM to guide the forum into a healthy envoirment, with not only the tools and permissions...but also an hour or two every (other) week to discuss things with the devs that came up in the forum. Because people want answers at some point, not just a reply.

The dev's clearly dont have the time to do this, because it would be an hour or two a day minimum, but somebody who knows the game a bit and can give the standard responses and can get a discussion to a place where arguements and logic are applied to problems would be usefull. At that point he could take the distilled feedback in his (bi)weekly meeting and get the dev PoV on it.
He can then couple that back on the forums, all with the understanding that the CM isnt a real dev that makes decisions so his statements do not carry the same weight as uber's ofc.
Post by: Wild Shadow on December 14, 2018, 07:32:31 am
I think I am too late to vote.
Post by: Wyverex on December 14, 2018, 07:55:49 am
No moderation needed. Let people post "game's dead" all over.