Darkfall: New Dawn

General => General Discussion => Topic started by: Ub3rgames on March 01, 2016, 11:58:21 pm

Title: Hello world thread. Come and say hi!
Post by: Ub3rgames on March 01, 2016, 11:58:21 pm
Greetings all.
You may introduce yourself in this thread as you join the forums and share a bit on how you came to Darkfall Online.
Perhaps you'll meet old acquaintances or enemies in New Dawn.
Title: Re: Hello world thread. Come and say hi!
Post by: Dragonx Ivanzypher on March 02, 2016, 12:28:42 am
Hello i am Dragonx. Leader of BEEFCAKES!!!
I love pvp mmos since 1995 Lord of the Red Dragon BBS.
I ve been following playing DFO since its Beta and 9 months of its release and lurking their forums ever since.
We will be playing New Dawn exclusively and will want casual players to join us and have fun.
Post by: Bloodymurderer on March 02, 2016, 02:34:18 am
Here in my garage... just bought this new Lamborgini here...
Post by: allcapsRAGE on March 02, 2016, 05:26:13 am
I've sat in the background since EU transfers to NA as Merenan Skydew, it's funny recognising so many names I've come across but have such a generated name never rings a bell haha! most knew me as zunder zolots' cousin.

are there many aussies out there waiting for the release of this bad boy?
Post by: Prometheus on March 02, 2016, 09:09:11 am
Hello,

in 2005 i have heared the first time about Darkfall as a Game. It was the time when i started to study industrial engineering. My homie who studied with me, brought me to Darkfall (we played Ultima Online together and EvE Online).

I was not much hyped about the game.. but after 2-3 weeks till more i have read about it and about the devs (Claus, Henning, Ricki etc.) i was convinced that this vision could be revolutionize the MMORPG-Market (after Ultima Online, Everquest EvE online wasnt much arround).

So we started later in 2006 our fanpage in german language (www.darkfallonline.eu). Very fast, we had an enormous income on REAL! MMORPG-Players, who came from all games who were out there in this time.

The highest peak on active forumaccounts were arround ~8000. Anything what happened arround Darkfall in german language happened on our page and forum (http://www.darkfallonline.eu/forum/). With DF UW we closed the old forum (Darkfall 1.0 forum (only readable) and made a new for UW and players had to register again).

The project was formed as a Darkfall-Community Project. All Admins/Mods played in different Clans and Races. (Admins/Mods came from Bewahrer der Welten, SUN, Dreadlords, Gesandte der Einherjar, Gilde Gothic, Sociatas Demonica, and later Pandora etc.)

We were invited by AV to play the game before Beta Times, got keys for the Betakeys ofc. Aventurine had announced an open sell-button with 20%cash-benefits when players bought the game over the buttons. We had a button-cycle (every part of our team had its own linked tho his game account, when 3-4 new players bought the client the played for free ö.Ö-or the money went to our paypal account) all in all over 2000 players (my specific link) bought the game through the link!!

We were the first on the server when it was released (i had the 3rd oldest character .. it took so long to create the right face for my alfar :P)

yea ... and then ... thanks to Audiovisual S.A for that release-fiasco/crash/impact/what ever....

anyway...

We started in Dreadlords as pure-pk-Clan - later we were invited to the SUN-Alliance and took Anjir (Island Hamlet northwest of Cairn) as Mainbase.
Later, we took Gulghat from the Hyperion Mega Alliance (alot of RPG Players left the game in these game because they saw that Aventurine wont go the way the need to fill the server(we warned them to go this way, i had alot of conversations with the razorwax guys.. but they said its not their decision: tasos,zad,spyros were the executives)...

next impact was to open everything and with a less and less population to start a 2nd server.. end of the story on the EU server we didnt saw more than 2000-3000thousand in all the following years.

it was ok to play...but so much content, possiblities we missed. It wasnt the game what hyped us. On the end 2012 just 400actives played on EU maybe 800 on NA. 

learn from the past!
keep the eyes wide open

Edit :  "..Hi"- with sharpened daggers and a big big smile :P
Post by: AngryAngryAngry on March 03, 2016, 11:27:18 pm
Played Darkfall Online for 6 months at beginning of 2010, 20 hours a day 24/7.
Mostly I ganked afk swimmers around elf lands.
Wish I'd known about the game at release.
Post by: Cam on March 03, 2016, 11:53:29 pm
Hello everyone! I'm back from the dead because I heard Darkfall is coming back not once, but twice! I'm really excited to see how this will go. happy to be here for the adventure.
Post by: Drauhkar on March 05, 2016, 09:14:25 am
Best game ever coming back for a 2nd round. Hell yes!
Post by: Suncross on March 05, 2016, 11:51:14 pm
Everyone knows me already.  There's really no getting rid of me.
Post by: JagoTadali on March 06, 2016, 04:37:12 pm
Looking forward to seeing how this game progresses!
Post by: Dragonx Ivanzypher on March 06, 2016, 09:02:16 pm
Looking forward to seeing how this game progresses!

Hulk hogan says hi from the grave :)
Post by: Housemaster on March 07, 2016, 08:26:47 am
I am Avent Urine and when you combine it you get Aventurine.
Post by: Bradtide on March 07, 2016, 10:07:35 am
I am Bradtide.  I will argue with anyone.  Im very anti localized banking. Nice to meat you all
Post by: Juice on March 07, 2016, 07:12:38 pm
Im the best cant way to lay these hands upon you kids
Post by: FenrisUlf on March 09, 2016, 03:00:14 pm
I hate you all for making me Hyped again for this game ...............

Memories............................. LOOK its a Chaos chest.......................... I will get Large Treasure Map............................................ 2 Gold  :'(
Post by: Moriens on March 10, 2016, 09:33:39 am
Hey all, looking forward to playing DnD when it is finally out.  I've played a lot of MMOs of various types and Darkfall was by far the best one to date, as most of us will probably agree (tried hard to get into UO, but it just didn't keep my attention from starting it too late probably.)

I remember the first moment I played DF, made a human and was just roaming around the starting area, saw a mount just chilling on the side of a road by a bush with its probable owner just a bit farther away.  Too excited for the prospect of my first devilish act, I ran, hopped up on the mount and took off thinking I was the best villain in the game for about that minute endeavor.  Banked the mount and pretty sure I was ganked by someone shortly after that lol, but had a blast and was already more fun than anything else I played.  I think I was on some sort of trial at the time of doing this or just a quick subscription to test it out.

I started seriously playing when I told my wife how much fun it was and we both made Alfars and joined up with a noob guild called GOLD, then later partnered/allianced up with a military gamers clan.  Did quite a few kraken runs with them, little bit of ship skirmishing with the Junk and eventually had acquired a town somewhere in the north with some help of another clan, built my first ships and was quite happy.  I stopped playing due to military obligations and then saw the game go to UW and things were just never the same.

So glad this will be back out and will love it.  Hoping all changes just make it that much greater, but even if I don't like a few here or there it will still kick more ass than just about any other game out there right now.  I'll probably spend more time this go around crafting, doing more naval combat, and probably focus on archery for my main combat style. 
Post by: Nat on March 10, 2016, 07:22:24 pm
Hello everyone. I'm Nat. Some of you may know me from the last year of the game on NA, but I'm probably known just as a forum warrior. I love Darkfall and no game has ever come close to giving me that feeling of accomplishment and thrill that Darkfall did. I'm so glad to see such a huge interest in bringing it back because Darkfall is a game that deserves a second chance because it's unique and fills a niche most people don't even know about but would love it if given a taste.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on the battlefield in whatever version that makes it!
Post by: Eagleglow on March 12, 2016, 06:03:50 pm
Hi.
My name in DFO was.
Eagleglow Stuberbs.   
Ghost mouse.
Captain Cornflake.
Thor Northheart.
I played in Nadirian Hordes, A few good men.

Started playing in the end of 2009 and all the way to the game got shut down.
I love all of darkfall.
But what was the most appealing to me in darkfall was pve and character progression, most fun i ever had in a game, did not have a counter but i think that i spend about 5k hrs in DFO.

Darkfall was my secound mmo (Archlord was my first) and after it got shut down i started to try other mmorpgs and still to this day i have not found one mmo that have got me hooked and im up to 200+ mmorpgs to day.

Im watching both RoA and DnD but i will play RoA first because of my friends will go there but i will play DnD when it gets some meat on its legs, maybe 1 year after release.

I hope both projekts get successful we need new freesh blood on the mmorpg market, the eara of WoW clones need to stop.
Post by: Tasos on March 13, 2016, 10:53:12 am
You wish you didn't know me!
Post by: Wes Furtive on March 14, 2016, 05:28:01 pm
😎
Post by: Mc Nasty on March 22, 2016, 12:37:30 am
Just so you know im the alpha male around here. Just trying to clear up any confusion.
Post by: Dead Wolf Walking on March 27, 2016, 04:36:58 pm
Hello Darkfall New Dawn developers and community.

I first heard of Darkfall about a year before its actual release during the great 'is it vaporware ?' wars on MMO forums.  I was getting tired of Theme park MMO's, so I decided to join the F5 wars to buy a copy upon release, which I manged to do during one of the waves when the store opened. 

As you can tell by my name, I was a wolf, and it was the description about the four legged run mode which made me choose the wolf race, but the feature was never put in.  My computer wasn't that good for the game, and my connection was a 2mb DSL; so I was pretty much a juicy loot player mob most of the time. 

Post by: d3axter on March 28, 2016, 04:40:21 pm
Well, it seems like I may have to postpone my gaming retirement after all.
Post by: Adûn on March 28, 2016, 05:12:48 pm
Well, it seems like I may have to postpone my gaming retirement after all.
Story of my life.
Post by: Foobar on March 31, 2016, 06:50:00 pm
Hi!

I waited for Darkfall to be released for three, almost four years. I was lucky enough to get beta access and I had a blast playing with Orks  R Us. But private reasons affected the amount of time I had pretty much in that very moment the game was released. So I only played a few months on and off during the games lifetime. 

Because of the limited amount of time to play I always hoped for some miracle patches to make the game more casual and solo friendly, not in the meaning of watering it down but allowing me to have a meaningful impact in a world with more casual friendly specializations and activities as fishing, farming, cooking etc.
A little dream I had during that time was that a whole lot of Mortal Onlines mechanics meets Spenefett. But there weren't patches that adressed the issues I had with the game and until the end everybody did everything.  So it wasn't that hard for me to leave the pvp arena that darkfall had become "forever".

Still, even with all the flaws the first iteration of darkfall spoiled me for every other game I played since that time. Without a doubt the best memories of all my gaming experience are from playing darkfall.

Fast forward. Things settled for me and I had more time to spend just arround UW's release I played it alot, but for me it was an overall weaker darkfall, the core issues I had with DFO weren't fixed and the world felt small, strange and not unique anymore.  So I left.

Now, almost ten years after I began my waiting for a niche game called Darkfall Online I'm waiting. I'm waiting to live and die in Agon again!

Thanks for your attention.

PS: bank often
Post by: A Fire Marshall on April 12, 2016, 12:11:15 pm
Heya Folks! Been Watching This and Age of Agon and really hope for the best for both projects :)

Oh General Background .... Right,
I got into Darkfall with videos like this .... hook, line and sinker ... I bought into the player hype only to well .... get badly burned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4SDfHeM0_g

I spent about two - three years playing DFO? (Barely remember how long I played for now but most of the stuff I kinda have repressed due to how much in game drama I got myself into >_< )

I wound up quitting because I felt the game was effectively unpolished, and the general community was so toxic and discouraging that it pretty much affected my will to play and, sometimes I felt I was about as Toxic as them when it came down to it.

DFO was effectively my first ever MMORPG and for better or worse it still is, even the grimy parts I remember seem a bit brighter when I remembered those moments when the game "comes together".

Again wish the best of luck!
Post by: Kaputtmachaa on April 17, 2016, 05:24:55 pm
Hi there, Kaputtmachaa here.

Creator of the once famous Tasos Signatures and horribly bad participant of pvp tournaments.

For the sake of nostalgica with the slight hope of seeing improvements to the original game, I am following DF:ND.

See you on Agon, maybe.
Post by: Fnights on April 17, 2016, 06:59:25 pm
Hi there, Kaputtmachaa here.

Creator of the once famous Tasos Signatures and horribly bad participant of pvp tournaments.

For the sake of nostalgica with the slight hope of seeing improvements to the original game, I am following DF:ND.

See you on Agon, maybe.

Ehi Kaputt, believe u didn't want to play a DF iteration again, but welcome aboard. :)
Post by: psychosis on April 18, 2016, 08:13:28 pm
Agent Psychosis from Covert Operations.

I started playing on Darkfall release, loved the game until the exploited hero characters started to appear. First 3 months with the Hyperion wars was the best fun I have had in a video game. Sadly the grind and macro requirements just killed me. I played on and off throughout the years, but AV just completely missed the potential of the game.

I really hope you guys can succeed where they failed!
Post by: Kozzion on April 23, 2016, 10:26:57 am
Hi,

Kozzion Mozz here, I'm a 08er and played DF since launch on EU.
Fulltime trader as HappyTraders Inc was my founded clan.
Never really into PVP as I didnt wanted to participate in macroing, bloodwalling afk swimming etc... .
This is why this ND interest me, they hopefully gonna add a lot of sand!

Post by: Chobo on May 06, 2016, 11:22:39 pm
Hello!

I played Darkfall at launch and actually got a copy during the first wave.  My wife and I were F5 spamming for 4 hours until we finally got one.  It was my wife's first MMO, and we loved it.  We joined Knights of Terror, and had fun with the thrill of exploring the world to see what/who you can find.  We eventually left though from some of our friends quitting and other co-workers getting us to play other games with them.  After all that time, we keep reminiscing about the great times we had in Darkfall.  NOTHING could compare, and the good time in DF were the best times in any game we've ever played.

Now that we're both finishing college soon, I looked into getting back into DF and learned about all that's going on with the reboots.  I look forward to getting into the Alpha/Beta to contribute to this project and get back to the most fun I've had in a video game.  Even if the game has a small community, I'll still stick around.  I mean honestly... I don't think this game would be fun with hundreds of thousands of people.  Unless there were plenty of servers to split everyone up.
Post by: liodagobert on May 10, 2016, 04:36:40 pm
Greetings all,

Nice to be back in Darkfall 1.
Post by: Maurizio on May 11, 2016, 06:23:54 pm
Hey stopping by to say hello
Post by: Maximus793 on May 12, 2016, 02:44:59 am
Hi everyone,

I come from way back before Darkfall 1 even had a beta. I just wanted to say how excited I am for New Dawn.

I think it'll really make the game stand out and I'm looking forward to playing this version even more!
Post by: Asdrael on May 17, 2016, 02:12:42 pm
Popping my head in to say hello.

Hello!
Post by: Fnights on May 17, 2016, 03:44:08 pm
I don't think this game would be fun with hundreds of thousands of people.  Unless there were plenty of servers to split everyone up.

What? The game need population for the whole new local economy and territory control to work properly, the more the better, a server is designed to keep 10 000 players, a number never reached in DF.
Remember at release max perk was 6500 players, 65% of the max capacity, the correct number for a large world like Agon.

Anyway wlecome aboard to the best DF iteration. :)
Post by: adamisanameihave on May 20, 2016, 02:05:09 am
EU release I was Goth Chick and was in the clan Shadow Templars and then House of Shadows

NA release (I rerolled for launch) I was Sid Vicious and played with my brother Johnny Ramone and my girlfriend Nancy Spungen and we were in the clan Rock Stars but ended up join Mortis Consortium later on and then finally Lords of Death.

Unholy Wars NA server I am Covert AHhps and play in the clan Dark Side.
Post by: King Pat on May 26, 2016, 02:08:21 am
heard this was the place to find out what was happening with AV & BPG since they don't disclose jack sh1t
Post by: The White on May 31, 2016, 03:38:27 pm
Hello everyone ... I played Darkfall from day one ... and it would be nice to try this version of the game
Post by: Heldana on June 02, 2016, 06:12:49 am
Heldana Woodsinger.
Played since DF Beta, always with several accounts to Support my Clans.
Horrible bad in PvP
female
old
Clans: Bewahrer der Welten, Zagenda, Liandri.
Post by: rykus on June 03, 2016, 05:01:39 pm
Played UO for 10 yrs, 7 of that on Siege Perilous (full loot, open PvP server).  Started following DF around 2003, then lived in Agon until the sun set in 2012.  I mostly suck at PvP, but try hard to keep my team alive anyway. 

Look forward to seeing you all again in DND.  Even you asshats that always seem to know when I'm just about to make a bank run while mining.  ;)
Post by: RodricOrtega on June 18, 2016, 06:01:03 am
A chance to re-live a part of my life...

That is exactly what this is going to provide me.   Due to life events during original release of Darkfall, I was only able to play 1/10 of the time I would otherwise have put into it. 

Can't wait to get in game and start cracking skulls.
Post by: Afalin Highfield on June 20, 2016, 07:13:08 pm
Hello everyone.
I played Darkfall Online before and I liked it, although it did have flaws.

I am planning to make an alfar only clan on the InDev Server that is being launched at June 28.
If you are interested in joining my clan, send me a message please and you will get invited.

See you in game!!
Post by: Andy Candy on June 24, 2016, 02:23:14 am
Hey friends! Zahyr Warkiller here, was a member of a Ninja Pirates during DFUW. Changing my name to Andy Candy now, so if you see me in game you know who I am.
Post by: asterix on June 26, 2016, 12:37:46 am
Oh hi, i've been playing darkfall since beta, many names, i'm looking forward to do it again. kudos for rebooting it ub3rgames, I hope you'll do better than Tasos.
Post by: Daarco on June 26, 2016, 08:49:25 pm
Hi folks.
I first heard of Darkfall in 2006, sat every week wating for updates until release.
Played until 2011.
All best MMO memories comes from Darkfall, and i played SWG :P
Cant wait to visit Agon again.
Post by: stee7l on June 27, 2016, 12:06:55 am
Hello I played DF-UW/ROA. I played DF-UW for 6 months and Darkfall ROA for 1 hour. I look forward to playing Darkfall New Dawn. Which will eventually not be a gankbox like DF-UW/ROA. I love the direction that DF-DND is taking. A good mix between Darkfall/SWG/EVE sounds great to me! Loving that there will be an actual hardcore Darkfall 1 in New Dawn.
Post by: Golcond4 on June 27, 2016, 03:27:41 am
Hello to everyone! the hype and community is so similar to old times forumfall, it's awesome how this gaming niche has not yet been filled in a decade or more lol
Post by: Tonysunshine on June 27, 2016, 09:33:35 am
Hi! 29years old guy from sweden, Heard alot of this game, Im an old Daoc player, But i cant wait to start to play this game! What ive read this game has evrything i need to play! Been searching for a good mmo for a long time... only crap games is what i found! but i Think this game has it!
(sorry for my bad englisih)
Post by: Fnights on June 27, 2016, 10:31:08 am
Hello I played DF-UW/ROA. I played DF-UW for 6 months and Darkfall ROA for 1 hour. I look forward to playing Darkfall New Dawn. Which will eventually not be a gankbox like DF-UW/ROA. I love the direction that DF-DND is taking. A good mix between Darkfall/SWG/EVE sounds great to me! Loving that there will be an actual hardcore Darkfall 1 in New Dawn.

DnD will not be a gankbox and just a mere KOS everything move arena anymore, for the same reason i'm here, to play a full sandbox like Eve. Have faith in Ub3rgames. :)

Hi! 29years old guy from sweden, Heard alot of this game, Im an old Daoc player, But i cant wait to start to play this game! What ive read this game has evrything i need to play! Been searching for a good mmo for a long time... only crap games is what i found! but i Think this game has it!
(sorry for my bad englisih)

You are in the right place, Daoc and Eve players rejoice!
Post by: Zeinjar on June 28, 2016, 02:56:46 pm
Hello there, 21 years old guy from France.
I feel like i may be the only one around here but i've never played any version of DarkFall (be it dfo or uw).
I've stumbled upon the game after countless years of playing every MMO on the market and ending up unsatisfied.
Unfortunately, it was already too late as dfo was dead and UW was on its way to the grave.
So i have been lurking around for years, waiting for a re-release so that i could finally try the game in good conditions and decide if i'm part of the "niche" of players who enjoy it.
I know it will not be welcoming. I know we will have to wait for many improvements. I know i'm going to get slashed and looted.
But then again, the complete lack of risk and reward (thus, immersion) is what dragged me away from the 10-20 mmos i've played through the years.
See you in game !
Post by: WarlordGorgutz on June 28, 2016, 03:23:18 pm
Hey peeps,

First post ever here, lurkin for a while.
I played DFO just after the initial release/hype wave died down, was in it for a few years. 
Had a good time up in Ork lands ganking and causing havoc, as orks are supposed to do.  Now its finally back.

I messed up my timezones and thought the game was releasing around 7pm EST.
Turns out its already out, gat damn.

See you in Ork lands in about 3.5 hours fellow superior greenskins and furries, some humies and stunties gonna get squished today.
Post by: Luxferro on June 28, 2016, 05:56:36 pm
Hello :)
Post by: mednioz on June 30, 2016, 10:03:55 am
Yo All!
Thats me - Tsunami Princess aka Turbo Kotlet.
Have a nice time in this beautiful virtual world under the name - Darkfall!
Post by: axilmar on July 01, 2016, 06:06:46 pm
Hello to everyone.

I am Axilmar, the DFUW dev who wanted to bring DFO back and initiated the communication between the DnD team with Aventurine.

I want to wish good luck to the DnD team with the development of DnD, and to wish 'happy gaming' to all the Darkfall players.

I truly hope that the DnD team manages to make the original dream come true, i.e. make Darkfall equal or better to Ultima Online, and possibly the best sandbox mmorpg ever.

I'll try to find some time to play this game, most probably by sacrificing some sleep. Who needs sleep anyway, when you have Darkfall!!!! I wasn't around when DFO launched, but I think it has tremendous potential as a game.

best regards

Axilmar
Post by: Beornin on July 01, 2016, 11:08:14 pm
Hi,

I played the F5-version of DFO more than I actually played the game. Played DF:UW with Lux Arcana for about half a year from launch, and again a few months during the summer of 2014. I was never any good at the pvp, but I love the feeling of a mmo world with real risk and reward, where personal and guild wealth actually matters, and where there's room for politics.

I first created a human, but found it boring. Tried an elf but it was ugly. Made a dwarf and loved it!

I've played EVE on and off for ten years, and love the idea of bringing many of the great mechanics to Agon. I can already picture heavily escorted caravans moving across the world to move large values in armor and weapons in preperation for a siege. With random pvp groups bumping into them and being defeated, but the call to arms going out to all their friends to join the assault on the caravan. The attackers scatter a bit to find the caravan, wondering if they kept moving forward or decided to run for the closest bank. The leader of the caravan sends outriders to roam a distance from the main host, to try to chase down and kill enemy scouts before they spot the juicy target.

Meanwhile a brave trader brings his valuable items native to his home region to a distant town hoping for a large profit. He's spotted by one of the outriders from the caravan, taken for a scout and killed. The outrider is shocked by the amazing loot, picks it all up and abandons the chase to bank his own small fortune.

Further north the scouts track down the caravan and start their heavy assault. There are large casualties on both sides, but in the end he attckers are victorious. They scramble to gather the large amount of supplies, and head for the nearest bank. Two hundred meters from the bank they are assaulted by a third faction, who had a spy among their ranks keeping them informed about how the first battle went and where they were headed with the loot.
Post by: Wanwo on July 02, 2016, 09:35:27 am
Hi - First day in! Hit me up. I'm Uso Met, human female currently residing in Monkfield.

Ub3r, this feels like a long waited for correction in the gaming universe. A heart-felt thank you to you.
Post by: vex on July 02, 2016, 12:41:56 pm
Hello to everyone.
Played old DFO for few years and loved it... and now I'm here hoping this will be what DFO was suppose to be..
Post by: phenZ on July 02, 2016, 08:06:07 pm
Hiyas! Nice to be back :)

First time I tried Darkfall was like 3-4 months after launch. I was playing Age of Conan and was getting pretty sick of the game, when a couple of friends told me to try Darkfall with them. Long story short I ended up playing the game for years to come while it didn't really suit them as much.

Lived on Ruby, lived on Niff, lived in Kvitstein.
Phenz Lightfoot if anyone remembers, used to be in khans
Post by: Khor on July 03, 2016, 12:07:17 am
Hi Khor here.

Returning after seeing the DFO death and its UNHOLY child's death too.

I have since plucked quite a number of gray hairs off my manly chest but am still eager to jump in and screw around like losers. :D

By anychance, is QuackTheRipper among us ? I have a score to settle ...

Also, in case some of you remember, I was the 2nd price to the "I love Darkfall" contest, the guy who did the stonecarvings.

Ingame I was a Mahirim, by the name of Khor Syon, and part of Covenant of Pheonix.

I'll probably roll Alfar or human this time.

See you ingame.
Post by: Arsonik on July 03, 2016, 06:24:11 pm
'Lo. Dread Arsonik (NA) / Lucius Ovidius (EU) here. I'll be around for this relaunch. Hazardous Havoc/Kal Morte is starting up with me as well. Shoutout to all the old RSS/Deviance from EU and Invictus/Nemesis/Mercs from NA. I'll probably be reviving Deviance if we ever get a NA server.
Post by: Sayton on July 04, 2016, 09:39:03 pm
Hi all and anyone who remembers me (Sayton 'something' in all games so far)!
I really like the vision of New Dawn, I hope it will be the game I was waiting for on the DF forums since 2006. :D
Post by: Femto on July 05, 2016, 11:42:13 am
Hello-world, back to DFO.

Femto TheHawk, Alfar.
Post by: Moira on July 05, 2016, 04:36:45 pm
Once upon a time...

the Agonian lands of Darkfall were ruled by a guild called "Sun" and the king of Agon, a certain Aventurine, a man who was known everywhere by the name "Tasos". Agon, at this time, was better known under the name "Darkfall Online". There lived a young woman named "Moira Banshee" who wanted to become a great healer as her mother and her grandmother and her great grand mother had been before. She lived with her clan "Pandora" in the Agonian highlands and for a while in Erinthel, a nice elven city with nicely coloured windows, whose paths were framed with flowers, situated on the Southern coastal line.

Moira Banshee grew up in the tavern "To the drunken Ogre Bully" of her grandparents, in the Eastern part of the city. Her grandparents were passionate brewers of a sweet Agonian beer, the "Ogre Bully beer of Agon, the only Agonian beer since the beginning of the Old World". Besides this popular beer, the tavern brew all sorts of potions. Her grandmother, Metusala Ebenda, a sturdy lady of 93 years with a grey thatch flying back every time she was crossing a street, had taught her which herbs were to be used, in which situation and how to mix up healing and buff potions. Moira was called a "greenhorn" in the clan because she struggled to put function to theory, but she was determined to catch up the gap between her healer colleagues and herself as quickly as she could. Later, she would manage to heal her clan mates in huge battles and adventures across Agon and sometimes she even saved someone's life. That made her very proud, but still she was called a "greenhorn".

A few years later, "Sun" was still in power, to the disbelief of some of the Agonian citizens, the king of Agon changed the name of his kingdom into "Unholy Wars". He reshaped the lands with strange magical techniques and it took him years to realize a part of the plans of some of his fellow friends. This made him very unpopular among the citizens of Agon.

Then, it was a cold winter day, Moira met a young man of one of the neighbour villages, Guljanar. They fell in love very quickly and had a little daughter, Moira Starpath. Two years later followed a little sister who looked very much the same as Moira, Moirah Starpath. They lived happily together with Moira's clanmates of Pandora. Then, Moira and Moirah left Pandora in order to join "Bewahrer der Welten" for some months (later on, the Starpath sisters returned to Pandora).

The bloodline of Moira Banshee continued when Tasos transferred his power to a new king, "Ub3rgames", who changed the name of the kingdom into "New Dawn". But this time to the relief of the Agonian citizens, the land was reshaped with great success and high performance magical techniques. And again, on a cold winter day, Moira Starpath fell in love with a young man and became a mother of a little Moira Feverfew. As Moira Feverfew lived a few years abroad in a land where they eat frogs and snails and strange, but tasty patisserie called "croissant". She lost the contact to her fellow clanmates, unfortunately. At the moment, she is travelling Agonian lands, making new friends.

Story to be continued...
Post by: Crewe on July 13, 2016, 05:36:35 am
Hello! it's Crewe here came from game called Mortal Online that is kind dying atm, and yes it's first time playing darkfall haven't played the old version because i haven't heard of it or i'm sure i would have enjoyed it, hope to see the game progress well in the future thanks  :P .
Post by: Wreckoning on July 16, 2016, 09:51:13 am
Good Morning folks....
Played DF1, DF Unholy, etc.  
PvP'n in any game that I can get my hands on for the last 25-30 years....   :)

Old Names
Wreckoning
Dominion
Psychotic Wun
Seckzy Mofo
Mogar
Post by: Par on July 16, 2016, 07:58:13 pm
Darkfall again.  ;)
Post by: Olbrannon on July 22, 2016, 03:07:35 pm
PvE and no xp penalty just lose the loot? PVP and no XP penalty? Hmmmm... intriguing. Crafting and enchanting and whole races to fight? Alliances and politics and a whole world to dominate?

Yeah I think I can try that....but I never played DF the first time round.  :)
Post by: chomskian on July 23, 2016, 07:05:01 am
Hi, Just purchased the 2 month package and am downloading the Indev server now :)

I've never played the original DF though I played UW for a while. it didnt have staying power for me because there wasn't any reason not to just murder anyone you saw (outside of alliance).  It was  immersion breaking to me; after all in the real world or even in fantasy literature a person can usually make it through the day without being waylaid.   That being said, i loved the environmental art of unholy wars.

I prefer Eve and Lineage 2's systems of open PVP where it's always possible you're going to get it, but you don't literally haveto worry about every singlle person.  Speaking of Eve, i'm an eve player on and off (mostly on) since 2007, with 2 characters names on the monument :)

I like constructive group PVP (EX: capturing a city) and am an instinctive support player in pvp. I also love  solo and group PVE, and i'm a craft-a-holic.

New Dawn sounds like a place where pvp happens enough to have a sense of danger but not just a  kill-for-all like unholy wars was.  In other words it sounds a lot  like something an eve player would like.

Once I get my feet under me and the game downloads, I'd love to join a clan who is looking for a jack-of-all-trades focused player who isnt afraid to drop everything and fight for some home defense.

Other than Eve, I also play Everquest 1-

Cheers and see you guys in game.  Will there be a north american server? 

Chomskian of Eve
(Name undecided) of DF
Discodave of EQ-Phinny
Post by: Textra on July 25, 2016, 03:18:51 pm
Hey all. My in game name is River Fey and I used to play on NA-1 back in the day. I was more of a crafter than a fighter and I used to be in an Aussie clan that held Angfrost for a time. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember the clan name [Edit: It was Bushrangers *facepalm*]. Loving that DFO is back and is looking like it has a team of devs who get it. Here's hoping that Darkfall gets the attention it should have gotten the first time around.
Post by: stormannnn on July 27, 2016, 03:36:50 pm
Hey guys!

Storeman Scythetalon here, back for another go at Darkfall.

I'm so excited for this, I missed this game. Looking to join a guild!

I look forward to seeing you in game :)

Post by: Tasos Flambouras on July 28, 2016, 12:31:16 pm
Yo, it is I, Tasos!
Post by: _SeeD_ on July 28, 2016, 12:38:03 pm
Yo, it is I, Tasos!
Are you lost?
Post by: Tasos Flambouras on July 29, 2016, 12:17:26 am
Yo, it is I, Tasos!
Are you lost?
No. Why?
Post by: zulim1 on July 29, 2016, 03:21:20 am
Yo, it is I, Tasos!
Are you lost?
No. Why?

ZOMG! HOLY KRAKEN CRAP BALLS ITS TASOS!

sup guy :)
Post by: AETORAS on August 01, 2016, 01:52:32 pm
hi its me i am the A and Ω i am the AETORAS GREEKLORDS  O:)
Post by: ZodiacKiller89 on August 01, 2016, 11:01:35 pm
Greetings all.
You may introduce yourself in this thread as you join the forums and share a bit on how you came to Darkfall Online.
Perhaps you'll meet old acquaintances or enemies in New Dawn.

HELLO WORLD, thanks for taking part in making this game great again hopefully " -signed, Trump
Post by: Libra on August 03, 2016, 09:34:26 am
DFO: Carnage, Reilukerho, VAMP, Grief, Dark Side
DFUW: Dark Side
Post by: Aragoni on August 05, 2016, 07:47:38 pm
Oi, old forumfallers!
Post by: Snu-Snu on August 21, 2016, 06:43:34 am
Ayyy, round three here we go. I played both Darkfall Online and Darkfall Unholy Wars. Loved them both, so I'm super excited to play and see how the game will progress. Was never a forumfaller though, I just played the game.
Post by: meledy on August 25, 2016, 05:38:14 pm
Hello!

Used to play in Aesir in dfuw mostly only played Darkfall one for a little bit mostly played Mortal online back then.

Bessy thebreedinghorse

Meledy.
Post by: Ronjata on August 27, 2016, 03:50:22 pm
Always coming back to Darkfall like a golden Brown addicted ...
Post by: Fracture on August 29, 2016, 03:07:44 am
Hi then.

On old darkfall i was proudly trying to act civilized against adversity.
Now i'm shamefully doing the same.

I used to be a philosopher like you but then...
then i met your mom and even tho we had a great time...
well..
whatever.
Post by: Fuh Q on October 08, 2016, 11:56:43 pm
Hi, I am an Ork male and I think human and elf chicks are hot. Is there something wrong with me?
Post by: Bishoplv426 on November 04, 2016, 03:04:16 am
I am new to Darkfall, I regretted not experiencing it in its hay day and am excited to get another shot with even better systems in place! I played UO in 1998 and got hooked on mmo's ever since. I love community, am a dwarf, have been getting into web development and coding/building games in unity, playing uo free shards and look forward to finding a casual guild to have fun with.
Post by: Mycke on November 04, 2016, 04:46:26 am
Hi my name is Mycke and im a darkfalloholic

"Hi mycke"

My story I got hooked on the original but kicked the habit only to get rehooked by Uw, though it was low quality shit so i was able to kick again and had been clean for over a year and then i relapsed when ND went indev live :)
Post by: Dunk Slammington on November 04, 2016, 08:25:02 am
Hi I am Dunk Veil; I am a poor mofo and need no further explanation.
Post by: CeliahAiley on November 04, 2016, 09:51:25 am
Welcome
Post by: xzxDJxzx Terrorize on November 04, 2016, 12:27:09 pm
I welcome all players to this amazing game that has a great team of devs to develop your game.

ORK'S and MAHIRIM'S especially :)
Post by: Dont Be Fail on November 10, 2016, 12:18:12 pm
Hi Everyone. :) I'm Brandon / Dont Be Fail from Twitch, I'm back here after hearing that Darkfall is coming back. Really looking forward to it.
Post by: moerta on November 10, 2016, 12:30:06 pm
Welcome mate, prepare for the best gaming experience ever!
Post by: styrr on November 23, 2016, 04:44:34 am
hi
Post by: Karatos on November 23, 2016, 05:06:48 am
hi, its been a while

K
Post by: Mad Dad(Jason) on December 09, 2016, 04:10:18 pm
Ay-up!!
Post by: Ecksreighted on December 11, 2016, 03:55:07 am
Ello all, Im EcksReighted, Not EcksReighter... I need to get that changed.

Anyway, I am an avid gamer of all platforms and types. I came from Asteroids on the Atari and now play Star Citizen with a Rift.
I applied for the Darkfall Closed Beta and lost touch with where the game was at.  I finally remembered to look it up again this weekend, so here I am!

Mind if I ask a question here? How can I start playing DF:ND?
Post by: Daghammer on December 11, 2016, 03:58:35 am

Mind if I ask a question here? How can I start playing DF:ND?

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/store/
Post by: Ecksreighted on December 11, 2016, 04:01:58 am
Awesome Thanks, One more question, how can I get my username changed?
Post by: Fuh Q on December 13, 2016, 01:30:02 pm
Awesome Thanks, One more question, how can I get my username changed?
I would suggest posting in the questions thread and wait for an admin to reply. I think they have to change it for you.
Post by: cropcircles on January 19, 2017, 07:03:56 pm
Hey forumfall <3
Carlos Castaneda

EU1:Liandri
Post by: Fakedog on February 11, 2017, 07:29:24 am
Hello Everibody! I m Fakedog I was a day 1 player of the old DFO.

I was a member of Chuskarls an Italian PK guild and later of VENDETTA dunno if anyone is on this forum.

Aniway can't wait to go around and do some good old gank.
Post by: Nilrema on February 11, 2017, 07:50:13 am
Welcome
Post by: Real Salt on March 23, 2017, 01:58:53 am
Hello world. =)

I've played MMOs since '00 with Everquest, but I never really got into PvP until much later, after the prime of Darkfall. As a result, I've never actually stepped foot in any of Darkfall's incarnations.

But I crave an old-school, high-risk, PvP-centric experience, and everything I've read on the forums here about how the Devs are approaching this project is promising, so here I am, finally cutting my teeth in Agon!

Oh, also, I enjoy roleplaying, and very well may do so if you see me in game, whether you reciprocate or not.

I hope to be griefed by all of you many times in the days to come. <3
Post by: Maejohl on March 23, 2017, 07:19:51 am
Welcome to the party :)
Post by: Sean Connery on March 23, 2017, 08:08:54 am
Hello I played DFO way back in the day on the NA server. I was Ralthos Enrock an SG in a clan called Vengence which was formed after the SG of Reincarnation did some stupid stuff and then disbanded his clan. So a few of us that were in the Nephilim alliance created it. Then I created a character I named Jarlaxle which I played up untill about 6 months before the server went down. In DFUW I was Sean Connery I was in Otg for a bit and then Seek & Destroy.  I pretty much spent 70% of my time in the game out on the water on my costal runner taking people's scrappers and trawlers. 10% of my time putting those loots on the AH  and the other 20% playing a real estate agent.  I am sure if you played you seen my nifty advertisements in chat on one of my two alts either offering to pay gold for your unwanted home and my other one offering to sell the houses I currently had in Stock.
Anyway this game sounds great I cant wait to see what these guys and roa do with DFO see you guys in game.
Post by: cmorris975 on April 14, 2017, 05:39:00 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to be back in Agon.  Especially so with pro-active developers who are proving themselves capable of advancing the game towards something much more interesting than the old gankbox/griefer's paradise that the previous DFO felt like.  I will be here to support the game as well as participate in the community.  This is a promising start!

Chris "Aredain Dewglow" Morris
Post by: JasontheAdventurer on April 15, 2017, 03:41:58 am
Hi all I'm Jason the adventurer.  Looking forward to adventuring in an old school, organic way of role playing.
Post by: AkeGamer on April 30, 2017, 01:37:03 am
What's up.  I'm Ake from OTG.  Been with them since 2014. Old school Asheron's Call Darktide player here from launch in 1999.  AC-DT, DAoC and SB were my favorite MMOs to date where your guildmates were Fam and your enemies were real.  While I dabbled in DF and DFUO, I found both lackluster.  The hacking, cheating and developer lezza far attitude were also huge turnoffs; so I'm like the many who were done with the title in a few short weeks.  I'm optimistic DND can deliver on the Roadmap and provide an MMO where your decisions and actions do matter and where relationships with friends and enemies are meaningful.

- Akede Skullcrusher
Post by: Ravel on June 04, 2017, 10:13:48 pm
Hello everyone.

I'm entirely new to Darkfall, but after seeing some gameplay and reading about the two different reboots, I like where New Dawn is headed best.  Still trying to get a handle on all the different mechanics, but the community's been very helpful.

I haven't played a ton of MMOs, but have put a good bit of time into WoW and about a year into Eve Online.  I'm looking forward to some of the Eve Online-ish mechanics in darkfall (e.g. pvp looting, meaningful character interactions by limiting character slots/account, localized banking).

My IGN is from Planescape: Torment, and is one of my favorite characters from my favorite game.  I'm 33, married, and work full time from home.
Post by: Talon on July 02, 2017, 07:59:17 pm
Hi,
I was under the forums on an old name, I since then decided to return to my roots. Just bought in dev

see you all in game
Post by: vexonja on July 09, 2017, 02:12:43 pm
well.. just to drop and say Hi!!  8)
played original DFO and now slowly cheeking out (inDev) DnD coz it's looks interesting and in spirit of old DFO.. could be something could be nothing.. we'll see...
hoping for the best coz DFO is quite unique game  ;)
Post by: Gelatinousgelboy on November 24, 2017, 08:43:04 pm
Hi, I'm Ed. I made a giant list of suggestions for DFO way back before/around the original release. I played less than I daydreamed, honestly. Nowadays I'm cynical about MMOs but hesitantly interested by the changes being made to the game!
Post by: maxdemian on November 27, 2017, 09:46:29 pm
I played Darkfall for a little while when it first came out and even in beta. It wasn't perfect but damn if it didn't feel like a true spiritual successor to UO. It was an incredible experience for me at the time and while I was just starting my career back then, and so couldn't dedicate time to the game eventually, now I am really thrilled to be given the chance to play again. See you guys in game!
Post by: amejis85 on January 12, 2018, 05:47:31 pm
Hello argonians Skelly bones here all the way back from df1 eu launch!!

Due to the staleness of rise of agon and there new pivot roadmap which looks really good but will take a long time 2 complete im going to give this version a chance even tho my ping will b around 150 is that even playable anyone know?

Anyways i will be creating a clan and coming with some friends at launch the clan name will be Sinners n Saints we will probably be a elven,dorf,human clan.

We are open 2 all type of gamers as long as we respect one another, are active in social activities and remember that this is a video game and we play to have fun and socialize with others!

We will use Discord for comms
And i will be streaming under twitch.tv/snsgamin
Post by: guirssane on January 12, 2018, 06:28:26 pm
Hello argonians Skelly bones here all the way back from df1 eu launch!!

Due to the staleness of rise of agon and there new pivot roadmap which looks really good but will take a long time 2 complete im going to give this version a chance even tho my ping will b around 150 is that even playable anyone know?

Anyways i will be creating a clan and coming with some friends at launch the clan name will be Sinners n Saints we will probably be a elven,dorf,human clan.

We are open 2 all type of gamers as long as we respect one another, are active in social activities and remember that this is a video game and we play to have fun and socialize with others!

We will use Discord for comms
And i will be streaming under twitch.tv/snsgamin

I think it's playable because on DND you can queue up skill (for example when you cast fireball and during your fireball cast you switch to a bolt, it will cast your bolt directly after the fireball cast, it means no delay between spell).
Welcome!
Post by: Nalle on January 15, 2018, 10:44:52 pm
Oh well, why the fuck not.
Post by: sup on January 17, 2018, 06:20:50 pm
Hello Friends. My name was sup gee in DFO, low tier in RoA, and some very dumb names I can't remember in UW.  If my 125 ping plays decently well in the upcoming free period, I will be joining you guys for launch.
Post by: Thunder on January 21, 2018, 11:49:48 am
Sup! :)
Title: Greetings to all.
Post by: Russel Leeves on January 25, 2018, 09:48:48 pm
Hail, I am Russel Leeves! Glad to be here and excited to play with you all!  8)
Post by: Niburu on January 26, 2018, 10:45:06 am
Hello World.
Post by: iLikeCandy on January 26, 2018, 02:15:44 pm
yes
Post by: TripBunny on January 26, 2018, 03:48:14 pm
yes
Sweet animu profile pic
Post by: bakken on January 26, 2018, 06:47:10 pm
Nao Southpaw here once again lets do this!
Post by: Squawk on January 27, 2018, 11:14:37 pm
HI Nao
Post by: Porch on January 30, 2018, 07:00:09 am
My name is Porch
Post by: Dominatrixx on January 30, 2018, 11:46:00 am
Aedil Curran here.
Post by: Cecil on February 01, 2018, 01:03:08 am
Well, fuck me.  I just subbed.  Downloading now.
Post by: Kelsen on February 12, 2018, 02:20:23 am
Hi
Post by: Janitch on February 13, 2018, 12:12:34 pm
Hello Darkfall, my old friend
I've come to grind my ass off again
Post by: exylian on February 24, 2018, 09:17:00 pm
Greetings. I am a old god of Agon, known as Saint Exylian. The slayer of krakens and storm shadow of Cairn.
Post by: MuddyBoots on March 06, 2018, 07:41:55 pm
I'm that cool cat broadcasting live on twitch!  Come check me out and throw them follows to keep me going.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemanbattalion

I need all the help I can get!

Thanks

OneManBattalion
Post by: Kimoshnikov on May 16, 2018, 08:03:18 pm
... A couple weeks ago, I cried a little when I saw the roadmap and all the work you've done.

Subbing, regardless if I have the time to play or not!
Post by: xsevenbeta on June 06, 2018, 09:37:41 am
Hi from Dolly Monk [SUN] :)
Post by: bluxwave on June 24, 2018, 06:37:37 am
Hi, im far from new,

however I would like to thank the team that is keeping darkfall alive and kicking for the time being
I know keeping a server alive and the cost to host it is quite a bit.

thanks again,
the steedgrass farmer