Skip to main content

Topic: Local banking exploit question (Read 1058 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Local banking exploit question
When a clan loses a city the goods from the bank get transferred to nearest bank after 10 days. That's been said already.
But what happens when someone gets kicked out of clan? Does the same 'magic' apply here?

If yes - how do you protect the game from exploiting it? Lets say I'm in a clan that owns Dayar and there's my main bank. I want to move my 2000 theyril ingots (!) from Dayar to Simiran, lets say to supply a local market there. I just leave (or get kicked from) the clan and voila, 10 days later my bank is there without risking anything. 10 days later, but completely safe.

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Local banking exploit question
Reply #1
Local banking doesn't work with holdings that can get captured.
Anyway if Ub3r is feeling up to it they could put an additional (or more) chaos bank (or clan built loot-hiedout?) on every subcontinent that would act as the default bank go-to after kicked/ city loss.
Problem solved?

Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #2
Local banking doesn't work with holdings that can get captured.
Anyway if Ub3r is feeling up to it they could put an additional (or more) chaos bank (or clan built loot-hiedout?) on every subcontinent that would act as the default bank go-to after kicked/ city loss.
Problem solved?
No, what you presented as solution is the problem actually.

The question was if goods will be moved if someone is kicked. If so - it will be used as a safe transport mechanic. If not, there could be a problem for kicked player to access and transport his goods.

Reply #3
Aw, @Raap, look at them future exploiter generation. They would farm theyril ingots for 2 years, then transfer it safely 2km's under 10 days and call it an exploit :)
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Aw, @Raap, look at them future exploiter generation. They would farm theyril ingots for 2 years, then transfer it safely 2km's under 10 days and call it an exploit :)

Aw they actually discuss the topic on the forums before implementation instead of cheating themselves.
Dayar -> simiran, amount and type of an item is just a simple example.

Go on, brown nose your buddy even more.

Reply #5

Aw they actually discuss the topic on the forums before implementation instead of cheating themselves.
Dayar -> simiran, amount and type of an item is just a simple example.

Go on, brown nose your buddy even more.

Exploit: Leave clan, get ur goods to nearest available bank instantly.
Anti exploit: 10 day delay.

Thought you would figure it out, but oh well, my bad.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Not an anti exploit if the game is very populated and transporting it would be very risky.

Reply #7
When a clan loses a city the goods from the bank get transferred to nearest bank after 10 days. That's been said already.
But what happens when someone gets kicked out of clan? Does the same 'magic' apply here?

If yes - how do you protect the game from exploiting it? Lets say I'm in a clan that owns Dayar and there's my main bank. I want to move my 2000 theyril ingots (!) from Dayar to Simiran, lets say to supply a local market there. I just leave (or get kicked from) the clan and voila, 10 days later my bank is there without risking anything. 10 days later, but completely safe.

The solution is very simple and many disagree with me.  Make bank size reasonable so that people don't put all their life saving in just one clan bank.  With mount inventory in place, we should  encourage moving wealth.  Eventually a player driven mail system can be created.

Reply #8

The solution is very simple and many disagree with me.  Make bank size reasonable so that people don't put all their life saving in just one clan bank.  With mount inventory in place, we should  encourage moving wealth.  Eventually a player driven mail system can be created.
And where is the solution in this? Why do you think it would stop people from moving goods by trading them to an alt and then kicking it from a clan to have the goods moved safely to another location? Your "solution" makes no sense to me.

Reply #9
And where is the solution in this? Why do you think it would stop people from moving goods by trading them to an alt and then kicking it from a clan to have the goods moved safely to another location? Your "solution" makes no sense to me.

To stop this particular exploit they need to add "withdraw only" chaos banks few hundred feet away from city walls.  When someone looses the city/get kicked all the loot gets deposited in those 'withdraw only' banks by the system.  They won't impact territory value/control because they are not normal banks.

Reply #10

To stop this particular exploit they need to add "withdraw only" chaos banks few hundred feet away from city walls.  When someone looses the city/get kicked all the loot gets deposited in those 'withdraw only' banks by the system.  They won't impact territory value/control because they are not normal banks.
Hold your horses. We don't even know if things will be moved if someone is kicked. Ub3rgames has not responded yet.

Reply #11
This is a valid question. It can also come into play if a character/spy "steals" a clan/alliance bank and then leaves/gets kicked.
Should they have an easy way out? In our opinion, no, but there are no perfect solutions.

The full system is not set in stone yet, perhaps someone in this thread will have a good suggestion, but our initial plan is to not have anything move in these cases. We will not block the access to the bank, but it would remain withdraw only.
If you get kicked from a clan, then perhaps you've deserved it? If you leave a clan by choice, then maybe you should organize?
Raid or conquer the city if you wish to recover your bank, or make a deal with the current owners for safe passage.

Sure there will be drama, probably even griefing over this, as players will get kicked and will get limited access to their banks.
But this reinforces what we've said in the past: it will be a bad idea to hoard.
Keep your assets liquid in your global gold account, as that is designed to be the dominant strategy.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #12
sounds like complete mess

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
This is a valid question. It can also come into play if a character/spy "steals" a clan/alliance bank and then leaves/gets kicked.
Should they have an easy way out? In our opinion, no, but there are no perfect solutions.

The full system is not set in stone yet, perhaps someone in this thread will have a good suggestion, but our initial plan is to not have anything move in these cases. We will not block the access to the bank, but it would remain withdraw only.
If you get kicked from a clan, then perhaps you've deserved it? If you leave a clan by choice, then maybe you should organize?
Raid or conquer the city if you wish to recover your bank, or make a deal with the current owners for safe passage.

Sure there will be drama, probably even griefing over this, as players will get kicked and will get limited access to their banks.
But this reinforces what we've said in the past: it will be a bad idea to hoard.
Keep your assets liquid in your global gold account, as that is designed to be the dominant strategy.
So basically if I ever own a holding, I can always keep the siege materials in, to be used even after I lose the city? Or stuff like battlespikes too? Sounds weird.

Reply #14

So basically if I ever own a holding, I can always keep the siege materials in, to be used even after I lose the city? Or stuff like battlespikes too? Sounds weird.

I think the KoS list should close the bank and after 10 days move stuff to nearest bank, so you can have withdraw only access and if they want to take that from you they KoS you.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.