Skip to main content

Topic: Launch date? (Read 1168 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Launch date?
Reply #15
Albion, I hope.

Reply #16
We do not have a hard date set out yet, but our internal target is mid July, for the French touch.
That said, we have new staff on board that aren't devs, and work on our external communication strategy has started.
The devs' job is to be launch ready as soon as possible, but the communication team will have a bigger say on when the launch hard date will be best,

As others have said, InDev is surprisingly growing ,so it may at least be fun while it lasts.
And we will definitely do the market places prior to launch. They are already sorely missing for the NPE and we do not see the game viable without a sturdy set of trading tools.

I'd consider waiting till Q4 until RoA fanbase has gotten tired of the arena playstyle, and Albion players get burned out from that stuff, and turn their eyes to shiny DnD with extra features!

Reply #17
Now what will I play in Mid July? Albion or DnD?

Seriously hope you can fix balance on top of adding all the needed additions/changes by then.
And still myself and numerous others will be busy with a different game at that time...

Then again I first started playing DF in July 2009 so mb it will be quite nostalgic, if Ub3r delivers balanced races (hitbox, camera, reach etc.) then maybe I'll go full nostalgia retard and roll ork :D

How can you play Albion with such a garbo gameplay? I'd rather play MO.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18

Seriously hope you can fix balance on top of adding all the needed additions/changes by then.
And still myself and numerous others will be busy with a different game at that time...

Then again I first started playing DF in July 2009 so mb it will be quite nostalgic, if Ub3r delivers balanced races (hitbox, camera, reach etc.) then maybe I'll go full nostalgia retard and roll ork :D

MO is even more garbage though

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19

I dunno, it's not the worst tbh.
Plenty of fun ez carebear features, also I'm a dota2 vet so gameplay is good for me :P
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Im curious what makes AO a sandbox game?

Reply #21

LOOOOOOOOOOCAAAAAAALLLLLL BAAAAAAAAANNNNNKIIIIIIIING

Sorry

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
I'm curious what makes Darkfall Sandbox? oh wait :D

Anyway crafting and gathering is the same style as in DF, and actually farming and raising animals is something that game has (already). Islands and their functions are fun :)
Full loot exists in certain conditions and that's fine.

Reply #23
sad face...launch time is always the best time to play (though i do hope DnD grows like EVE!), but no way am i giving up my summer to play darkfall...hopefully the servers not empty by september otherwise whats the point?

Reply #24
Summer would be a bad time to launch it, RoA will suck up some of the memberbase for now, and Albion launches as a major title aswell. Definitely Q4, if not even early Q1 2018. Don't rush a date, get most of the features finished and polished, and the game will sell itself.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Just don't launch late september - october. No. no, no! :p

Reply #26
Only because they said they will launch AO in Summer doesn´t mean they release it in Summer....they postponed the Launch like a bazillion times now
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Only because they said they will launch AO in Summer doesn´t mean they release it in Summer....they postponed the Launch like a bazillion times now
That's true, but it feels like they'll be going through with it this time.

Anyway the point is it'd be better to drag out InDev (even tho some will be annoyed by prolonged period before final wipe and they can't start grinding stuff that wont be wiped) and get even more (than the bare minimum) stuff in and make sure it's all well balanced.
However I imagine the minimum features that the devs wanted for launch will be ready by mid July so I guess they can launch then if they feel comfortable with it.

Edit: personally I'd postpone it by a month or month and a half, to generate more interest among the more hardcore Albion players (and others who liked the sandbox) thus further increasing the potential population.

But hey what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:24:13 pm by L4Mf

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
@Ub3rgames Hey, do you all share the ub3rgames forum account and each post using the account at your leisure or is it one member part of the communocation team that posts? I'm sure someone has asked this question before... You mentioning the ramping up of the communication team has piqued my interest in this question.
I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid

Reply #29
We share the account, and we reply when we feel confident we can.
You'll notice some days we'll reply to some thread not others because the person most competent in one domain isn't available, but another could respond to "easier" questions.

But that's community interactions, so we can have devs be candid and really discuss things in details and even brainstorm publicly.
It seems that so far we've been good at that, but bad at broadcasting, so we recruited an external communication team to prepare for marketing and more of a "broadcasting" strategy to reach outside of the community.
that's what will ramp up, while community interactions such as these should remain constant over time.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.