Skip to main content

Topic: Update 1.4: Witchcraft and ARAC consequences (Read 2906 times) previous topic - next topic

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Update 1.4: Witchcraft and ARAC consequences
Reply #75
Tested ogre bullies/bosses spot solo, 6 ogres spawning, I feel like respawn rate is a little too low still, should be around 35%-45% instead of that 25%.
30 thick leather per hour.
The problem is that if they balance respawn speed on the best developed/equipped and most efficent players so that you don't have any downtime, then everyone else will struggle with even skinning/looting those same spots and PvE will become a chore for the majority of the players.

It was a chore before, when most of the spots were worthless to farm solo. Respawn rate should be tied to kill-speed somehow, but what they implemented is much, much better than it was, a Jesus Patch for soloers.

Awesome to read
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #76
Decent pve patch, spawn speed now is much better, appreciated that mobs now drop some mats of their weapon, but is a bit too low the rate.

Now you need to add more quest since i'm constantly out of meds points and there is no way that i walk for dungeons to dungeons to increase them, i live local so you need to add more local quest and repetable ones too. This is important.

Bugs:
- map and mini-map still have some options bugged
- log-in autosprint still not permanent (need to press the button everytime)

The game need a lot of work to boost the PVE experience and not to be just a murder simulator, but i'm glad things improved in these last patches. Gj @Ub3rgames and appreciated the ARAC penalties.
  • Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:11:13 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #77
@grimtide
Unlikely. We want to keep a single global server and there is more long-term growth potential in our current location.

You keep saying that yet all evidence points to the contrary

Like your perception and that of a few others is more reliable data as their statistics on login and sales location...

Reply #78
@grimtide
Unlikely. We want to keep a single global server and there is more long-term growth potential in our current location.

You keep saying that yet all evidence points to the contrary

Like your perception and that of a few others is more reliable data as their statistics on login and sales location...

Truth is I dont buy it either and attribute it to both the easy access and French pride of keeping it in France because both western EU and eastern NA are fine with NY or Paris but Paris gives better ping to eastern EU which is generally poorer where NY gives better to western US which has less total pop, but most of that pop has good rigs and money for subs, its like the computer capital of the world so catering to a larger but poorer population is just a cover story imho they actually arent that daft to be looking to pull in masses of people with potato rigs making sub first world wages.

They wanted the server in Paris and everything else is just to convince themselves it was the right move when all the actual metric said NY was.

Reply #79
Agree with Mycke 100%.  I certainly appreciate what Ub3r is providing us in this game, but anyone who believes their "market data" is incredibly naive.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #80
Agree with Mycke 100%.  I certainly appreciate what Ub3r is providing us in this game, but anyone who believes their "market data" is incredibly naive.
That's like 95% of the forum members like a year ago.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #81
Honestly who enjoys painstakingly leveling individual spells? Tie them all to the school/sub skills so something in the game is consistent and just give mages their damn sig spells immediately, it'll create a connection to their chosen class instantly. Since you insist on time gating to prevent switching: there are still the malus and boons from your title system.
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:11:27 am by heliumbox

Reply #82
@Ub3rgames

Remember when you said titles were designed to be optional? Do you still maintain that? You seem to be making them more and more required with every change you make.

You also made A TON of changes outside of the bounds of your original "magic changes" post. I said you were being extremely stubborn and foolish by not offering a respec of titles when these changes happened. Your argument against that was that you've given everyone enough information in advance for them to plan accordingly. It's been months and you still aren't done, and you are making design changes that are substantially different from the contents of your "advanced warning". I hope you learn from this on your next project. You killed your game because of your inability to listen to your customers.

Reply #83
Of the four people I dungeoneer with regularly, three have all crafting titles.  They're not going to be tip-top competitive, since they lose about 15% DPS.  But we have fun every time.

AARGH OLD PVEers RUINING DARKFALL

Reply #84
@Ub3rgames

Remember when you said titles were designed to be optional? Do you still maintain that? You seem to be making them more and more required with every change you make.

You also made A TON of changes outside of the bounds of your original "magic changes" post. I said you were being extremely stubborn and foolish by not offering a respec of titles when these changes happened. Your argument against that was that you've given everyone enough information in advance for them to plan accordingly. It's been months and you still aren't done, and you are making design changes that are substantially different from the contents of your "advanced warning". I hope you learn from this on your next project. You killed your game because of your inability to listen to your customers.

I think the titles are great tbh. They work fine for me, however, I wouldn't mind seeing them max out after a month of game play, rather than the 6-8 weeks it is currently.

Reply #85
deleted....
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:25:25 pm by dariobrun

Reply #86
I think the titles are great tbh. They work fine for me, however, I wouldn't mind seeing them max out after a month of game play, rather than the 6-8 weeks it is currently.
Agreed, 1 month is already a pretty long commitment to max a title, so i don't think it would ruin the whole concept they have of specialization, while allowing people to switch titles and try different stuff a bit more.
I am one that changed a lot of times his titles, but i've heard many of my clanmates not willing to try something new because they didn't want to get the maluses right away and having to wait 2 months to get the benefits.
I think, at the very least, that even the maluses then should scale up with the title instead of you getting an overal -2% to everything else and having to wait at least 2-3 weeks just to get to the +2% bonus even on that title. You are basically reducing your dmg output for 1+ months when switching a title everywhere for basically little/nothing in return for the first 1-2 weeks.

Reply #87
Agreed, 1 month is already a pretty long commitment to max a title, so i don't think it would ruin the whole concept they have of specialization, while allowing people to switch titles and try different stuff a bit more.
I am one that changed a lot of times his titles, but i've heard many of my clanmates not willing to try something new because they didn't want to get the maluses right away and having to wait 2 months to get the benefits.
I think, at the very least, that even the maluses then should scale up with the title instead of you getting an overal -2% to everything else and having to wait at least 2-3 weeks just to get to the +2% bonus even on that title. You are basically reducing your dmg output for 1+ months when switching a title everywhere for basically little/nothing in return for the first 1-2 weeks.

I was about to type the same after seeing your first post. But yes, the side effects should also scale up over time too.

Reply #88
@Ub3rgames

Word of Advice: Ignore everything ruckus writes in here. Every letter you type to him is a complete waste of your time.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #89
@Ub3rgames

Word of Advice: Ignore everything ruckus writes in here. Every letter you type to him is a complete waste of your time.

As always you add absolutely nothing to the conversation.