Skip to main content

Recent Posts

I tried googling what the max amount of players a siege could handle in DF1. But I can't find much information. How much do you think a siege could handle? 400? 600? 800? Best I could find was someone saying they had a siege back in the old df1. Where there was 400 players and no problems. But i'm wondering what the max amount of players possible in a siege.
I obviously realize with how popular new dawn is. You would be lucky to get a siege with 40 people.
Could 800 people be possible in a siege without crashing the server... I know that's a crazy number just curious...

It's not a crazy number I went to a few sieges that were at least 800 people.

We would Scroach with almost a hundred people sometimes
Funny thing about Dark, he's not wrong here about Mage playstyle! Begone is the new Come-hither cancer, 100 damage combo you can't counter!

The best way to fight a decent Mage is stay out of Melee range, because the amount off CC they have, it's pointless risking taking 100+ damage in an easy combo. Stay about 10x the melee range and hit all your bow shots. Wait till Mage runs out stats or you have 50% hp advantage before risking going into Melee range!

A few shit Mages can be OP, a few shit Archers lol (@@)

To @Ub3rgames

This is my list of suggestions to help make 'New Dawn' great again :)

Hotspots:
Area of x = x2 loot
Weekly World Boss- Needing 20 players doing mass damage to kill it in 30+ mins! (high hp, high regen, high reward)
Strategically placed portals- Only 4 needed linking Racial areas to Centre! (new hotspots, risk vs reward)
World quest- Weekly & daily Kill x mob x times receive x of Mats/Med points or +2 stat
Rare Mob crafting drops! (Craft item count =1)

Spells:
WOF- placed in cooldown with aoe. Nerf range, making using it a strategic decision. 
Begone- Add fall damage buff, the same as Come-hither. (Only on targeted players, not on caster)
Come-hither- Parryable (come on, why isn't this in????)

Weapons:
Slow staff- nerf damage a little.
2 handed club, maces and polearms- Maybe add some form of leech for these weapons, instead of flat out buffing damage!
PA- powerattack leeches 30hp. Club- powerattack leeches 30 stam and Maces- powerattack leeches 15hp & 15stam. Half the bonuses for 1 handers, plus nerf 1h club damage or give us rings! (It's stupidly OP because of the lack of enchant slots). Really don't want to see flat out damage buffs, and powerattacks have cooldowns, making them easy to balance!

Armours:
Robes- buff protection & mana regen, lower magnitude and cast speed.
Bone- buff mana regen, lower magnitude and cast speed.
Metal- nerf movement displacing effect, slight nerf to protections. Make Sele above more expensive to make!
Leather- slight nerf melee & archery magnitude and haste speed!

Best wishes

Mega

Like your reply,

But begone is very easily dodgeable when pushing towards a mage. Just duel a good mage who spams offensive begones on cd and you will learn fast.

It's obvious when someone is about to drop an offensive begone, by the way they move, their cast aura, and if they jump, you know it's coming, and double jump over it and boom done. Ezed.

If you have decent archery DMG and speed then you can go with the other option, twitching left or right for a brief second right as he drops the begone.

Passed the begone, you should eat a mage up.especially if their in robes.

Landing dry begones is not any cause for concern.

People just need to adapt, and learn how to "jump over the hurdle", literally and figuratively.

Look at it from the other side of the coin, Mages had to learn how to adapt to a Melee Archer inevitably getting in melee when Cc got locked out to titles.

Why? Because it was GG if you got in melee. Even moreso now with less and less hybrids.

Just need a plan, a counter for everything, even Surging WoF - Come Hithers are dodgeable, counter able. People just don't want to learn to get better at handling them or countering them.

Ps. "Metal- nerf movement displacing effect, slight nerf to protections." Careful what you wish for brother, Melee Archers just got done crying about how they can't keep up to mages and have no mobility, remember, nerfing displacement effects against metal even further means you'll be damn near locked to sprinting and mounts.
No more sick launch and shrapnel hops in full plate if that happens. They'd be sitting ducks. Esp with your nerf to protections

mage has best ranged dps in the game + stam drain, melee loses 100% unless mage is naked vs thickleather q3 keen silverbranch
Media Highlights / Re: orks6 laser spear
Last post by Brutal Noodle -
Love it
Media Highlights / Re: Racial fights - 18 vs 18
Last post by fitteslim -
Looked like the whites won.
@Brutal Noodle Most of my combat adjustments were to bring down TTK a little. The nerf to metal, was inline with the nerfs to leathers haste and magnitude bonus!

As for Begone, I believe a Mage can miss begone, but it's total luck in close range if you can dodge it :) The aoe has been buffed or something from DF1/Roa or its the Magnitude on Mage armour combo with slow staffs! At melee range distances, I believe it is far harder to miss, which gives Mages a far too easy Get Out Of Trouble Card. This is in 1vs1 scenarios. (This is my personal opinion, and I respect some agree with me, and some people don't) I'm playing at pretty much high standard, so this is my feedback

Anyway, we will be lucky if we get a patch :P Let alone my wish-list :/     
Off-Topic Discussions / такому
Last post by kolyasEvola -
Привет! интересная подборка советов по выбору детских товаров коляска киев купить Третье, вытекает из второго, это - небольшой вес.Вы всегда сможете подобрать что-нибудь интересное и полезное для ребенка.Зимние прогулочные коляски более громоздкие, более закрытые, часто с надувными колесами.
Media Highlights / Racial fights - 18 vs 18
Last post by Alberton -
Buff van darkholme
Funny thing about Dark, he's not wrong here about Mage playstyle! Begone is the new Come-hither cancer, 100 damage combo you can't counter!

The best way to fight a decent Mage is stay out of Melee range, because the amount off CC they have, it's pointless risking taking 100+ damage in an easy combo. Stay about 10x the melee range and hit all your bow shots. Wait till Mage runs out stats or you have 50% hp advantage before risking going into Melee range!

A few shit Mages can be OP, a few shit Archers lol (@@)

To @Ub3rgames

This is my list of suggestions to help make 'New Dawn' great again :)

Hotspots:
Area of x = x2 loot
Weekly World Boss- Needing 20 players doing mass damage to kill it in 30+ mins! (high hp, high regen, high reward)
Strategically placed portals- Only 4 needed linking Racial areas to Centre! (new hotspots, risk vs reward)
World quest- Weekly & daily Kill x mob x times receive x of Mats/Med points or +2 stat
Rare Mob crafting drops! (Craft item count =1)

Spells:
WOF- placed in cooldown with aoe. Nerf range, making using it a strategic decision. 
Begone- Add fall damage buff, the same as Come-hither. (Only on targeted players, not on caster)
Come-hither- Parryable (come on, why isn't this in????)

Weapons:
Slow staff- nerf damage a little.
2 handed club, maces and polearms- Maybe add some form of leech for these weapons, instead of flat out buffing damage!
PA- powerattack leeches 30hp. Club- powerattack leeches 30 stam and Maces- powerattack leeches 15hp & 15stam. Half the bonuses for 1 handers, plus nerf 1h club damage or give us rings! (It's stupidly OP because of the lack of enchant slots). Really don't want to see flat out damage buffs, and powerattacks have cooldowns, making them easy to balance!

Armours:
Robes- buff protection & mana regen, lower magnitude and cast speed.
Bone- buff mana regen, lower magnitude and cast speed.
Metal- nerf movement displacing effect, slight nerf to protections. Make Sele above more expensive to make!
Leather- slight nerf melee & archery magnitude and haste speed!

Best wishes

Mega

Like your reply,

But begone is very easily dodgeable when pushing towards a mage. Just duel a good mage who spams offensive begones on cd and you will learn fast.

It's obvious when someone is about to drop an offensive begone, by the way they move, their cast aura, and if they jump, you know it's coming, and double jump over it and boom done. Ezed.

If you have decent archery DMG and speed then you can go with the other option, twitching left or right for a brief second right as he drops the begone.

Passed the begone, you should eat a mage up.especially if their in robes.

Landing dry begones is not any cause for concern.

People just need to adapt, and learn how to "jump over the hurdle", literally and figuratively.

Look at it from the other side of the coin, Mages had to learn how to adapt to a Melee Archer inevitably getting in melee when Cc got locked out to titles.

Why? Because it was GG if you got in melee. Even moreso now with less and less hybrids.

Just need a plan, a counter for everything, even Surging WoF - Come Hithers are dodgeable, counter able. People just don't want to learn to get better at handling them or countering them.

Ps. "Metal- nerf movement displacing effect, slight nerf to protections." Careful what you wish for brother, Melee Archers just got done crying about how they can't keep up to mages and have no mobility, remember, nerfing displacement effects against metal even further means you'll be damn near locked to sprinting and mounts.
No more sick launch and shrapnel hops in full plate if that happens. They'd be sitting ducks. Esp with your nerf to protections