Skip to main content

Recent Posts

I said feels faster, as in...it looks faster but isnt.

As for everything else, have you seen how badly map differ between NA centerd and EU centerd?
Thats because, to make a map...thats not a globe...you need to, somewhere, mush things together OR spread things out.
Now mushing things together isnt used very often, so the comparison actually works fairly well for what is happening in game.

The edges are stretched more than the middle, because you need to fill up the gaps that are left when you make the map from a globe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I_VpC6IuJs

So what the FoV slider does, is keep the center intact while mushing the outer pixels together a little bit to fit in things that used to be outside to the new outer edges.
This mushing causes you to FEEL like you are looking from further away, because you now see a corner you didnt used to be able to.
But in reality, your eyes have simply shifted to look further left to right, and the extra info is shoving everything else closer to the center of your screen because it still needs to fit on your monitor.

This is all im going to invest on this, its already gone beyond silly and well past the full intent of OP

*edit
If i need to explain to you why your angle of view relates to a circle, or globe when 3d, the others were right you are lacking some fairly fundamental maths.
General Discussion / Re: Community driven marketing effort
Last post by Adûn -
For what it's worth, my idea for a launch trailer was:

To start on the "outskirts" of Agon, following one character from each race, each being a respective "nobody". We follow as they struggle with the basics of establishing a livelihood; fighting monsters, acquiring their first mounts, engaging in racial conflict, trading, bartering, a little crafting, and so on.

Gradually, their struggles and adversities give way to minor triumphs. Each time they are put down, they resolve to get back up. Because Darkfall is nothing if not a story of survival and perseverance, from the gameplay to the chronology of the game itself. This would be "marketed" and emphasized unconsciously in the underlying spirit of the video.

As the trailer gains momentum, we see each of these "nobodies" begin to take on more and more complex tasks. They join clans, form alliances, participate in the attacking and defense of cities. They experience victory, loss, and the rewards each precipitate. We continue on this trajectory as we show them exploring the vast world, becoming more and more advanced and confident in their abilities. Again, the background marketing point of perseverance (which can be likened to long-form character progression AND just the simple act of continuing on) having its unique rewards.

Finally, as the trailer approaches its climax, we've went on this journey with these "nobodies", these "anybodies", as they began in obscurity, across their many adventures, loses, defeats, all the way to becoming unique adventurers in their own right, each with their playstyles and imprint on the world. In the end, as the trailer comes to a close, all 6 are joined in a massive battle that pits them all together, (demonstrating the "endgame"); they all meet in joined combat, vs. one other, vs. their respective allies/enemies/racial enemies, and metaphorically, in terms of the repeated theme of challenge and perseverance, vs. "themselves".

The trailer would've shown a lot more of the world, a lot more intrigue. The purpose would've been to create a sense of story that each viewer relates to and wants to be drawn into and experience themselves. Gets people pumped up for. This sense of purpose would greatly help to bypass the dated graphics; I learned this specifically from shooting "indie" films; when you want to distract away from a lack of budget, you focus heavily on a story that draws people in; you capture their interest, make them care, and no one's paying attention to what lenses were used anymore.

If anyone in the community likes this idea, please feel free to get together and organize/make it a reality. IMHO, the official launch trailer took the wrong approach. It would've worked if the game was an AAA title and therefore just showing pure carnage and nothing else would've been effective as the "production value" of the graphics, animations, mechanics, and so on would've been so impressive in their own right. With a 10 year old game though, showing no nuance, intrigue or anything to capture a viewers interest and sense of upcoming "journey", I think is evidenced by the like-dislike ratio the trailer holds, as well as the comments.
There's the answer you will get, but thats the beauty of feedback from just a handfull of players. Its wide spread, with little statistical backing and very biased views (while also having some factually incorrect assumptions).

daggers<1h sword<axe<club<2h sword<axe<club<polearms.

I'd log in and check a crafting recipe.
Doesnt help to be immune to cc, if everybody can just straight up kill you while you have not enough ranged damage and no way to sustain yourself.

There's the answer you will get, but thats the beauty of feedback from just a handfull of players. Its wide spread, with little statistical backing and very biased views (while also having some factually incorrect assumptions).
Id look up what uber wrote about it, but thats month(s) ago and i have other things to do. It was in discord
Aren't heavies damn near immune to wof? I know sb fire knock ups and begone don't do shit.
Someone in full metal shall not have good burst capability or good mobility. When the turtle is both a rabbit and wolverine, it's no longer fun.

Note: the meaning of 'not have good' here does not mean 'not have any at all'.
This "Note" thingy at the end sounds so like Raap. :)

I do not know what you talk about. Raap would go overboard for heavies, I don't.
Someone in full metal shall not have good burst capability or good mobility. When the turtle is both a rabbit and wolverine, it's no longer fun.

This "Note" thingy at the end sounds so like Raap. :)

Minimum mobility shall be like naked, with dawn staff in case of begone or other such spells. It's fucking stupid that when you chase someone, first thing you do is remove your metal parts of the gear... what kind of balance is that?

@Ub3rgames have you thought about having Unburden give as much feather effect to get the player to 0 encumbrance and that to degrade back to normal while the spell last, thus giving lighter melee more of a window to act, while also heavies having 1 begone once in a while? Ofc unburden CD would still remain higher than begone or shrapnel/stormblast.
Wait for titles. A Tanky support healer buffer peeler could be op as fuck.
General Discussion / Re: Meditation carry over
Last post by Xipos -
I hope the clan med. cap gets increased significantly