Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Questions and Answers / Re: Disable Scroll Wheel?
Last post by Wyverex -
I definitely suggest checking out Bala's good write up on how Weapons Bar works in New Dawn:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,5567.0.html

There's also some similar, yet different, options for setting up "next spell" on the same slot in ND. I believe Bala's thread covers that as well.

Welcome aboard.

However, I don't think health regeneration will impact 1v1 situations because you can get bursted down very quickly. Health regeneration is something that works over time. It doesn't make any difference when you get hit for 40 in the face with a spell or 20 splash

If.youre.bursted down very quickly in a 1v1 in heavy armour then maybe the problem doesn't lie in armour but in player?
Last post by Mycke -
People use this in different ways like some people keep a 2h and a bow unlocked so one way is the weapon and the other is the bow or I just keep 1h+S so any spin pulls it and have block on the push.
Last post by LRM -
There are little toggles on the upper right corner of each weapon bar slot. Toggle one to ignore the slot, toggle all to ignore all slot, thus disabling the mouse wheel.
Questions and Answers / Disable Scroll Wheel?
Last post by Kril Tsutsaroth -
I just started playing DFND, came from ROA and wanted to try ND before launch and get the feel of how different everything was. Everything is fun and dandy only thing im having a bit of trouble is with Scroll Wheel, When i do scroll wheel it pulls out my beginner weapons, 1 is staff 2 is bow 3 sword, was wondering if that can be disabled? My mouse wheel has a tendency to accidentally scroll up sometimes and it'll pull out my beginners staff and default chooses the mana missile spell =P
Ha, understood.
In general, we like that the timed mechanic is easier to pull off with leather, or that it can be used by bone/robes to somewhat compensate for low physical protections by outplaying the opponent.

What you are suggesting could be a title in another wave, though. We'll keep it in mind.

I just like the idea if metal is to be buffed its something that fits with defensive gear. Another solution is a  title that takes 50 off encumb but has some other defensive oriented title as a prereq so if people want to spec into heavy with utility they can, you can even allow the title to be slotted twice for 100 off. This will allow utility on heavies for a price and even pen up paladin type builds.
Clan Recruitment / Re: {MMA} Mahirim Militia & Armada
Last post by OmegaLibra -
I would avoid a clan whose recruitment idea is "spam all other recruitment threads"... just seems so childish and I stupid.

Bad omen indeed
Must be DFO staffers... to respond to my posts within mere seconds. hahah, that's how you know they got it out for the
CarnageRedFur so bad, hahah ready for a rocket ride boys?
Do you even know what your fighting for?
or against for that matter!
/taunt_04
Media Highlights / Re: random duel with Mylina
Last post by anthraxsnax -
being competitive is e-peening? that's news to me... must be more of that "toxic masculinity" I hear so much about.

It's like a 400 lb neckbeard saying he's giving up sex - everytime someone tries to frame competitiveness in a poor light. They almost always completely suck but don't want to face that. It's cool dude - I can only bench 215, I'll never be a competitive powerlifter - but it wont stop me from lifting, and I sure as hell don't plan on shitting on powerlifters for busting their ass to put 50lbs on their totals every year. That said, toxicity within pvp communities is pretty bad these days... so if you plan on pvping, be prepared to be called bad for 3 years because of that one time you died 1v1 or some shit. Whenever your name is brought up - someone will say "yeah pretty good IIRC, yeah yeah - and SOMEONE will be like "nah dudes a scrub, I saw him die 3v1 half afk". That doesn't mean everyone that is competitive is like that - just on the off chance that you want to duct tape those two concepts together.

Dear hafthor, more like mountain of shit. You may think you're all that waving your E-peen around, just because you can lift cars and shit... but some of us have real life jobs, and idk if you've heard of them... but GFs.... so go jerk off to your 1014lb deadlift like anyone cares that you're better at lifting than me.

Ha, understood.
In general, we like that the timed mechanic is easier to pull off with leather, or that it can be used by bone/robes to somewhat compensate for low physical protections by outplaying the opponent.

What you are suggesting could be a title in another wave, though. We'll keep it in mind.

Clan Recruitment / Re: {MMA} Mahirim Militia & Armada
Last post by OmegaLibra -
I would avoid a clan whose recruitment idea is "spam all other recruitment threads"... just seems so childish and I stupid.
so your calling every pharos and king ever to take down statues of others before them, to put up their own... childish?
okay yeah I can see your point... but it don't make it any less effective as time has shown us. i win !