Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Ub3r nailed it.

theres 2 things to do. get involved in wars or improve skill

I think the fact that this is all there is available is the major problem of this game that all 4 version have failed to fix.

shit even those 2 systems are incredibly poorly set up. there is no meaningful leaderboard or arena system for guaging skill improvement, and UW is closest to come to a meaningful conquest/territory system, and tbh it was lackluster as fuck.

People have mentioned EVE, and the emergent player content, but forget that eve has massive safe zones, missions (sorta like a sophisticated randomized questing system), reputations to grind for rewards or access to further content, an intricate faction warfare system, etc. Its those other systems that prop up the game. remove all that shit an leave EVE as a full nullsec zone with no ability to haul, no ability to manage inventories and banks, no mail or custom channels or really any communications systems outside of a shit chat client, "titles" locking away ability to fly most of the ships. See if anyone will play that "sandbox" then.

The problem with new dawn is that its a sandbox with no sand. there's nothing to actually do after the initial city building and skill-up grind. No tangible goals. Sandbox doesn't mean no goals, it means not being forced to meet particular goals.

There are lots of amazing content systems out there in MMO's that can be copied. Anything from special dungeon gear sets to achievements to unlocking or farming dyes, to reputation systems that require questing or grinding.

Notice how NONE of that has anything to do with pvp.

Notice how all of that would create spontaneous encounters, andtthus potential pvp organically over dungeons, mobs or locations required for achievements, etc.

This whole mindset of timed lootboxes to fight over as "content" needs to go. Villages and fortresses and shit. Come here at this time and fight. Thats the lamest attempt at content ever. The game needs things to do that have nothing to do with pvp. And because they will be happening in a FFA PVP open seamless world... the fights will happen anyway, as people encounter each other in the world. those fights will matter more because achieving what you had in mind is determined by if you win or not. its not just a lootbag or loss of a bag... some pixels, now there are goals you are invested in achieving, reasons to care if u win or not.

Of course to do all that and meet in the world people need to be able to actually go and do that in a casual play-session. if someone cant do a reasonable dungeon run like they want because travel is half their playsession then they simply wont play. I dont think instant travel is right for this game. In todays market and busy world, I don't think its reasonable to expect any more than an hour of travel for where someone wants to play that day in a game, if you wish to have any kind of population at all. I dont care how u do it, faster roads or mounts, shrink the map, portals, whatever. If it takes longer than 30m to go across the world (1 way) people will not play. U can raise that to maybe 45 mins-1h if u add a bindstone recall. round trip 1h travel time or less

Solid post, inb4 you're told to go back to roa with the other instant gratification pvp arena kids.

There's no getting through to these mongoloids, the developers included. They're
Also, as has been mentioned 600,000,000 times, this isn't a PvP arena. Logging in, having everything handed to you, porting to a city for market and then porting to your nearest PvP hotspot isnt a thing. If you dont like playing an MMO then this isnt your game. That's not a directive to "GTFO to RoA", thats simply a fact. The game dynamics are clear before you hit that subscribe button.

This isn't a min/max game, and if you want to be at the very edge of progression, you'd better be prepared to have a plan and spend a fair bit of time. But if you just log on and yell "give me stuff to peeveepee" then you're going to be sadly disappointed.

Strawman incarnate once again.

I don't think that anyone here is looking to have everything handed to them so they can port into an arena and pvp.

The majority of the people want that you're addressing with this silly and condescending post is very far from that.

What you're failing to see is the polarization in your arguments. You, and many like you, fail to understand that there is space between New Dawn and an instant pvp arena. There is a middle ground, there are places left, right, up and down from center. The game doesn't have to be a tedious
And unrewarding grind fest in order to not be an instant pvp arena. In order for a game like this to succeed and thrive it's going to need a more broad appeal.

The vast majority of people in my darkfall social circle are the kind of people that played NA launch and quit. Theyre the kind of people that didn't even bother with ROA for obvious reasons. They're the people that are drawn to this game due to the vision that New Dawn laid out. The overwhelming majority of them feel that the current state of the game is extremely unrewarding to put time and effort in to. Most are maxed out on meditation and have full banks already just a mere few weeks into the game. Most feel that grinding your character in passive ways is a better use of their time that grinding actively. They're upset about how bad mob loot is. They're annoyed waiting for the magic patch that should have been in at launch. They're unsatisfied with the title system and worry that they're soon going to have to start their timegates from zero again. They're skeptical that with the abysmal state of launch that this game is going to succeed, as everyone should.

You take anyone that has a difference of opinion with you and immediately throw them into a box of instant gratification pvp arena kids and it's completely unhealthy for any kind of rational discussion. If someone wants the game just a little more accessible people like you shout them down with the same tagline over and over.

As an aside, when did min/max become this four letter word around here? Why is min/maxing seen as some boogie man? Min/maxing is just the process of finding the best way to do something. It's something that every good player strives to do.

I commend you for attempting to engage rationally with the deluded.
No man but if you have huge clan and a bunch of holdings. It's probably wise to build up an area and settle there and give your players some content. Most of those new people that are scattered all over the place will either leave the Clan or leave the game. Thats just how this game goes.

Clan leaders matter as much as Devs maybe in a game like this.

wouldnt that pretty much be all the games designs fault tho?

maybe letting clans recruit so many players and have so many holdings was the problem, its a conquest game so there will always be clans that will try own as much of the map they can.
Also, as has been mentioned 600,000,000 times, this isn't a PvP arena. Logging in, having everything handed to you, porting to a city for market and then porting to your nearest PvP hotspot isnt a thing. If you dont like playing an MMO then this isnt your game. That's not a directive to "GTFO to RoA", thats simply a fact. The game dynamics are clear before you hit that subscribe button.

This isn't a min/max game, and if you want to be at the very edge of progression, you'd better be prepared to have a plan and spend a fair bit of time. But if you just log on and yell "give me stuff to peeveepee" then you're going to be sadly disappointed.

Strawman incarnate once again.

I don't think that anyone here is looking to have everything handed to them so they can port into an arena and pvp.

The majority of the people want that you're addressing with this silly and condescending post is very far from that.

What you're failing to see is the polarization in your arguments. You, and many like you, fail to understand that there is space between New Dawn and an instant pvp arena. There is a middle ground, there are places left, right, up and down from center. The game doesn't have to be a tedious
And unrewarding grind fest in order to not be an instant pvp arena. In order for a game like this to succeed and thrive it's going to need a more broad appeal.

The vast majority of people in my darkfall social circle are the kind of people that played NA launch and quit. Theyre the kind of people that didn't even bother with ROA for obvious reasons. They're the people that are drawn to this game due to the vision that New Dawn laid out. The overwhelming majority of them feel that the current state of the game is extremely unrewarding to put time and effort in to. Most are maxed out on meditation and have full banks already just a mere few weeks into the game. Most feel that grinding your character in passive ways is a better use of their time that grinding actively. They're upset about how bad mob loot is. They're annoyed waiting for the magic patch that should have been in at launch. They're unsatisfied with the title system and worry that they're soon going to have to start their timegates from zero again. They're skeptical that with the abysmal state of launch that this game is going to succeed, as everyone should.

You take anyone that has a difference of opinion with you and immediately throw them into a box of instant gratification pvp arena kids and it's completely unhealthy for any kind of rational discussion. If someone wants the game just a little more accessible people like you shout them down with the same tagline over and over.

As an aside, when did min/max become this four letter word around here? Why is min/maxing seen as some boogie man? Min/maxing is just the process of finding the best way to do something. It's something that every good player strives to do.
Media Highlights / Re: Sero Nys?
Last post by Big Abbo -
this guy aint hacking

hes a dweeb but i really really dont think thats an aim bot lmao
Ub3r nailed it.

theres 2 things to do. get involved in wars or improve skill

I think the fact that this is all there is available is the major problem of this game that all 4 version have failed to fix.

shit even those 2 systems are incredibly poorly set up. there is no meaningful leaderboard or arena system for guaging skill improvement, and UW is closest to come to a meaningful conquest/territory system, and tbh it was lackluster as fuck.

People have mentioned EVE, and the emergent player content, but forget that eve has massive safe zones, missions (sorta like a sophisticated randomized questing system), reputations to grind for rewards or access to further content, an intricate faction warfare system, etc. Its those other systems that prop up the game. remove all that shit an leave EVE as a full nullsec zone with no ability to haul, no ability to manage inventories and banks, no mail or custom channels or really any communications systems outside of a shit chat client, "titles" locking away ability to fly most of the ships. See if anyone will play that "sandbox" then.

The problem with new dawn is that its a sandbox with no sand. there's nothing to actually do after the initial city building and skill-up grind. No tangible goals. Sandbox doesn't mean no goals, it means not being forced to meet particular goals.

There are lots of amazing content systems out there in MMO's that can be copied. Anything from special dungeon gear sets to achievements to unlocking or farming dyes, to reputation systems that require questing or grinding.

Notice how NONE of that has anything to do with pvp.

Notice how all of that would create spontaneous encounters, andtthus potential pvp organically over dungeons, mobs or locations required for achievements, etc.

This whole mindset of timed lootboxes to fight over as "content" needs to go. Villages and fortresses and shit. Come here at this time and fight. Thats the lamest attempt at content ever. The game needs things to do that have nothing to do with pvp. And because they will be happening in a FFA PVP open seamless world... the fights will happen anyway, as people encounter each other in the world. those fights will matter more because achieving what you had in mind is determined by if you win or not. its not just a lootbag or loss of a bag... some pixels, now there are goals you are invested in achieving, reasons to care if u win or not.

Of course to do all that and meet in the world people need to be able to actually go and do that in a casual play-session. if someone cant do a reasonable dungeon run like they want because travel is half their playsession then they simply wont play. I dont think instant travel is right for this game. In todays market and busy world, I don't think its reasonable to expect any more than an hour of travel for where someone wants to play that day in a game, if you wish to have any kind of population at all. I dont care how u do it, faster roads or mounts, shrink the map, portals, whatever. If it takes longer than 30m to go across the world (1 way) people will not play. U can raise that to maybe 45 mins-1h if u add a bindstone recall. round trip 1h travel time or less

I wish we could get some proper information on this.

It's kind of destroyed my willingness to play New Dawn because I don't want to put time into a game that's gonna have the life sucked out of it if Aventurine drops another DF title.

Lol really? even if it was real are you really expecting anything remotely playable in the coming 2-3 years? :D

Yes really.

If they're actually going to throw some money into a new DF game, then it pretty much puts an expiry date on this one (unless they truly, monumentally, make some fucked up game design decisions).
Yeah i mean they did such a great job last time

P.S. the thought of poor or average people EVER having access to this technology is ridiculous though especially through the National Healthcare Service

Ya only rich people should live forever,  the poor can continue dying in the gutters.
General Discussion / Re: One less carebear crybaby
Last post by Ivar_theBoneless -
Wow you guys take shit to serious. It was a joke post but with some truth. Ivar the boneless legit told 90 people to go play roa. Some good marketing right there haha because of some poll I forget it now. Maybe it was the titles poll

??

Don't blame me for getting caught being a cunt. I called you out for the endless bitching since launch, that's it princess.

...and FYI I'm in your alliance discord. You could have always just asked me whats up in com's like a man instead of attempting to use me as a shield like some chick on the rag
Im pretty sure we have not evolved to live forever and there will be many 'malfunctions' when people start to live durations even just a few times the general maximum (about 120 years) be it from too much change or too many emotional burdens.

Living forever scares me a lot more than dying....

That's because you're a cucked pussy

No thats because im inteligent enough to understand that though you may change the container, you can not so easily change the mind and the desires of the flesh (sex food air water sunshine touch etc) will likely not fade for a long time if not ever and what a miserable existence that would be.