Skip to main content

Topic: Progress update announcement May 11th (Read 1997 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Progress update announcement May 11th
Reply #15
Will move my topic here:

@Ub3rgames
You have the nerve to continue to "tweak" village rewards when villages are completely broken.

Half of the time they are in the time zone that is not EU nor NA primetime. For whom are you adjusting the rewards?
People in closed houses can still take villages. "Great" risk vs reward mechanic.
Game promotes race wars and at the same time same race slaughter (vcps). "Good" game design.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:59:47 am by wildNothing

Reply #16
Looks good on all fronts. Just don't make the radius too big.

Reply #17
Looks good on all fronts. Just don't make the population too big.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:15:47 pm by Nataz

Reply #18

- We'll address the grind discrepancy between magical and physical playstyles. May look similar to how witchcraft is setup skill linking wise.

I have concerns about this plan here.

WC and SC are unique schools and possibly overpowered if everyone gets the full effect of them without titles.

If this means effectively nerfing the value of specific spells outside one's Title for normal damage schools, I don't think this benefits mages even though it ostensibly might reduce soft grind in some manner.  For example, I like Undeath, Pungent Mist, Stamina Leech, Ice Storm etc even though I don't have titles.  They really flesh out a complete general mage build over the long term with commitment; if the plan is to neuter them all due to no title, this is a step too far.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:13:22 pm by Crisply Vague

Reply #19
Please define "Extended Radius"  so we all don't have to argue about it pointlessly for a week.

Reply #20

- We'll address the grind discrepancy between magical and physical playstyles. May look similar to how witchcraft is setup skill linking wise.

WC and SC are unique schools and possibly overpowered if everyone gets the full effect of them without titles.

If this means effectively nerfing the value of specific spells outside one's Title for normal damage schools, I don't think this benefits mages even though it ostensibly might reduce soft grind in some manner.  For example, I like Undeath, Pungent Mist, Stamina Leech, Ice Storm etc even though I don't have titles.  They really flesh out a complete general mage build over the long term with commitment; if the plan is to neuter them all due to no title, this is a step too far.
It just means you won't have to grind the spells, just the school and the subskills. Nothing else..
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #21
Will bank retrieval from abandoned holdings apply to holdings abandoned prior to patch?

Reply #22

It just means you won't have to grind the spells, just the school and the subskills. Nothing else..

Thanks, yeah, it's true that WC is all linked up.   I just hope that's all that's planned and not making secondary characteristics like blinding levels, etc based on having the title.  This has already been mentioned for Fireball's knockup in the past.

Also, link ups should set a floor to a skill of a specific spell level, since players already have many spells far above the school sub-skills.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:01:31 pm by Crisply Vague

Reply #23
Fucking awesome! Nice job on finishing skinning. Even less need for altfall! (As the last patch with spawn timers and spawn size), Both changes lessens the gap between solo players/small scale pve and altfallers a lot (seems like people fail to see this ^^)

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
@Ub3rgames
Define extended radius please.

Reply #25
Sounds promising. Looking forward.

Reply #26
As long as the "bindstone recall" is not excessive, like in you can die in Simiran and respawn in Dagnamyr, it looks like an OK patch.
Not exactly meaty, but OK.

whats wrong with that? youre kinda stupid or retarded? who wants to Waste lifetime Running afk in a Video Game.

Reply #27
Other than the fact that you still don't understand how big an issue walk of shame is, I like the stuff you're addressing. Especially the skinning tweaks were necessary. But please, start putting in more content soon.
Flopfall: New Dawn. Please buy 6 accounts.
SACCADE NEOS -- SIMIRAN

Reply #28
I mean if you can't see that they mean a bindstone that you can spawn at anywhere then.......
I actually see the exact opposite of that.
They said expanded radius, not "you will also always have a selectable bindsone to spawn at" or something along those lines, which would have been the case if they intended it to be a bindstone recall like it used to be in df.
The fact they said it is an expanded radius means it will not always be available...my guess is it will be something like 2x the normal spawn radius or so

Reply #29
I read the respawn mechanics as the general respawn radius will be expanded to allow more choices plus we will be able to choose a particular bindstone with an even larger radius as a 'home' stone.