Skip to main content

Topic: I'M MAD fix this! (Read 2943 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: I'M MAD fix this!
Reply #60
pat for community manager 2018
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #61
There are some points in there but I will say this. For the last couple weeks my clan has had about 8 people in channel together tops. The moment some argument between two guys turns into an agreement to have a duel the next day, we get like 20 heads in coms to watch this thing and even some that log in game after being inactive for a month.

I guess it's a content problem and I have no idea how to address it
Games not fun bro. When the main "content" and conflict motivator is bickering with other nerds over dumb shit the game has failed.

Reply #62
Smurf, you do realize what game you're playing right? This game is literally being designed for retirees who garner entertainment from mundane tasks.

I watched a PVP video at xirdak the other day. The guy had to stand still to pull out his sword and board, and failed his gank 3 times while someone was meleeing him. He died, got rezzed, and immediately took off his invuln shield even though 1 guy was on his back. Best part is, the guy couldn't even kill him.

Those are the kind of people Ub3r is making the game for... might as well make it tab target and call it a day. Game is literally in the gutter bad.

Thank God ubergames are trying to make this game accessible for that "kind of people" as well. If they made the game only to cater to people like you (aka original, failed Darkfall with QoL changes), there would be zero chance whatsoever of the game surviving, much less prospering.

Clearly. I mean look how many of your buds at the retirement home are lining up to play. Game is popping!!!!

I mean, look at this dead game:

THERE'S PEOPLE STARING AT THE MARKET! HA WHAT LOSERS! EVERYONE KNOWS NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING WITH GLOBAL MARKETS, GLOBAL BANKS AND GLOBAL TRANSPORTATION! NO ONE TRADES WITHOUT REGIONALIZATION, BECAUSE YOU CAN FARM WHATEVER YOU WANT YOURSELF! HA!

That's not the game I want to play, no sirrrreeee, this is the game I want to be in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCjTv7HaOs

See how there's less people there? That means there is more out in the world! Victory to New Dawn!
  • Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:28:58 am by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #63
Lol and that should demonstrate that RoA population is on the upswing? In a game where Sanguine is the main hub for ALL races (due to all races being friends) and where everyone stay all day waiting to magically teleport to their non instanced arena village fight before coming back?
It is funny how a picture with 5 people in a town in DnD is a "clear demonstration that the game is dead" and yet the same amount of people in a game with global teleportation is a demonstration of a well made and thriving game.

Damn....there are more people in my clan city....and we are a 6-man clan :D

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #64
Smurf, you do realize what game you're playing right? This game is literally being designed for retirees who garner entertainment from mundane tasks.

I watched a PVP video at xirdak the other day. The guy had to stand still to pull out his sword and board, and failed his gank 3 times while someone was meleeing him. He died, got rezzed, and immediately took off his invuln shield even though 1 guy was on his back. Best part is, the guy couldn't even kill him.

Those are the kind of people Ub3r is making the game for... might as well make it tab target and call it a day. Game is literally in the gutter bad.

Thank God ubergames are trying to make this game accessible for that "kind of people" as well. If they made the game only to cater to people like you (aka original, failed Darkfall with QoL changes), there would be zero chance whatsoever of the game surviving, much less prospering.

It's funny seeing how oblivious people are. Look around you! This is the MOST failed Darkfall with the LEAST potential for the future. Where are the 100k people that flocked to Darkfall at launch and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM quit because this game didn't offer local banking? all you had to do was implement local banking and they'd come RUNNING back? Nothing else. No supporting features. Just Darkfall, less grind, more local banking. People FLOCKING to come back. Where are they?!?!
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #65

It's funny seeing how oblivious people are. Look around you! This is the MOST failed Darkfall with the LEAST potential for the future. Where are the 100k people that flocked to Darkfall at launch and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM quit because this game didn't offer local banking? all you had to do was implement local banking and they'd come RUNNING back? Nothing else. No supporting features. Just Darkfall, less grind, more local banking. People FLOCKING to come back. Where are they?!?!

Well I don't think any one thinks that local banking with out tools would be great. But the vision would be interesting if they had the tools already Ingame. Hopefully they get implemented but I for one aint selling my stuff since I'm in  no desperate need for selling but if there were buying orders and trade contracts I definitely would sell my stuff when I could see there are people asking for them. If the buyer would be far away from me I would even sale with trade contract where transporter could take his gut out of the deal.

Now make holdings valuable and have wars going on over different location and I guarantee you there would be also demand to buy stuff.

Now this would bring alone some nice content. Like you could gather up your clan take stuff worth 1000 000 gold take 10% fee when you get it to desired locations and you could make 100k in hour or so. Would be worth the trouble and would also be exciting since you could loose alot also doing this.

Add to this caravans so you can truly take good deal of stuff at once and this would be some great content that only local banking can give.

Problem is there aint tools Ingame to make this happen  atm otherwise I'm sure there would be alot more traders and gatherers and crafters Ingame already doing it.

It's just way too time consuming  task to make sales with out these tools that many just don't want to bother.
Viil Taja

Reply #66
Lol and that should demonstrate that RoA population is on the upswing? In a game where Sanguine is the main hub for ALL races (due to all races being friends) and where everyone stay all day waiting to magically teleport to their non instanced arena village fight before coming back?
It is funny how a picture with 5 people in a town in DnD is a "clear demonstration that the game is dead" and yet the same amount of people in a game with global teleportation is a demonstration of a well made and thriving game.

Damn....there are more people in my clan city....and we are a 6-man clan :D

I live in Red Moon, it's the best capital city by far based on bindstone/bank/billboard/market/crafting station location. There's as many, if not, more people there.

Guess what, It's still more people than New Dawn.

Last siege I went to was at least a 50 man between 1 clan and 1 alliance. Territory Control Patch, Combat Patch, all going to see an increase in population.

Some people just can't handle the truth. DND = Tedious, Boring, Nonsense with 0 logic.

Well I don't think any one thinks that local banking with out tools would be great. But the vision would be interesting if they had the tools already Ingame. Hopefully they get implemented but I for one aint selling my stuff since I'm in  no desperate need for selling but if there were buying orders and trade contracts I definitely would sell my stuff when I could see there are people asking for them. If the buyer would be far away from me I would even sale with trade contract where transporter could take his gut out of the deal.

Now make holdings valuable and have wars going on over different location and I guarantee you there would be also demand to buy stuff.

Now this would bring alone some nice content. Like you could gather up your clan take stuff worth 1000 000 gold take 10% fee when you get it to desired locations and you could make 100k in hour or so. Would be worth the trouble and would also be exciting since you could loose alot also doing this.

Add to this caravans so you can truly take good deal of stuff at once and this would be some great content that only local banking can give.

Problem is there aint tools Ingame to make this happen  atm otherwise I'm sure there would be alot more traders and gatherers and crafters Ingame already doing it.

It's just way too time consuming  task to make sales with out these tools that many just don't want to bother.

That's all good and all, but why would I do any of that when I can sub 7 alts and make a mil an hour off of krakens? The RP Factor?
  • Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:57:39 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #67

I dont know what kind of ppl ub3rgame try to attract but i know for sure you wont have anyone with this fucking stupid repawn system and all the time consuming walk of shame....

Man we are in 2018, ppl have shitton of game with instant fun (like all the battle royal promote), new generation of player ask for it and its mandatory if you want your game to survive.

No matter what "vision" ub3rgame had, if they dont change the traveling system there wont be any new players.

You really expect ppl to run naked for 10+ minutes after a single fight to stay ?
You really expect ppl will listen when you told them to take a whole day to put mounts in every fucking bank around just to be able to come back after a loosing fight ?

I dont care what ub3r think or their vision, they can just go back to marketing school and learn the basics requirment for a successful game in 2018.

Reply #68
I live in Red Moon, it's the best capital city by far based on bindstone/bank/billboard/market/crafting station location. There's as many, if not, more people there.
Wow, so having 6 guys in a capital waiting to teleport to a village is a sign of a thriving population?
Thanks, i didn't know....
Then this game is blooming with people since i saw 5 people in my guild city, 4 in an other player city, 4 in a starter dwarf city.
Oh wait, no, this game is dead because "if you get high because you saw 5 people in a city you just demonstrated that the game is dead"

Wait, i'll go tell this to 4 epoch, 3 nomads, 2 death pigs and 5 of my guilds that fought for a VCP just a few days ago that there is more people on RoA because there are five!! 5!! people in a capital city

Last siege I went to was at least a 50 man between 1 clan and 1 alliance.
And? As i said, i had a fight with 12-14 people against each other for a VCP just few days ago....and the game is dead according to you....but a siege with 50 people instead is a clear indicator of a thriving game :D
I have been to two sieges in the last weeks and both were the same size or even bigger than that....but, yeah, this game is dead because "everyone goes to a siege, so if you have a siege with 50 people, it means that the whole population is not much higher than that".
But i guess that's not true for RoA, it only works for DnD...

Territory Control Patch, Combat Patch, all going to see an increase in population.
Dreams, dreams, dreams.
I can say the same about the future contents that are on DnD roadmap: wait and see when they implement racial warfronts, caravans, arac changes and buy orders, all will see an increase in population.

Some people just can't handle the truth. DND = Tedious, Boring, Nonsense with 0 logic.
And some others can't even convince themselves of what they say since they keep on spamming the forum of a "dead and crappy game" to tell no-one (because, hey the game is dead....) to go and play a fantastic other game that is blooming with 5+ people in each capitol city!!
Yeah, that game is so full of people that you have to keep trying to convince every single person you can to come and try it, so that maybe you have someone to play with :D

Reply #69
Wow, so having 6 guys in a capital waiting to teleport to a village is a sign of a thriving population?
Thanks, i didn't know....
Then this game is blooming with people since i saw 5 people in my guild city, 4 in an other player city, 4 in a starter dwarf city.
Oh wait, no, this game is dead because "if you get high because you saw 5 people in a city you just demonstrated that the game is dead"

Wait, i'll go tell this to 4 epoch, 3 nomads, 2 death pigs and 5 of my guilds that fought for a VCP just a few days ago that there is more people on RoA because there are five!! 5!! people in a capital city

Last siege I went to was at least a 50 man between 1 clan and 1 alliance.
And? As i said, i had a fight with 12-14 people against each other for a VCP just few days ago....and the game is dead according to you....but a siege with 50 people instead is a clear indicator of a thriving game :D
I have been to two sieges in the last weeks and both were the same size or even bigger than that....but, yeah, this game is dead because "everyone goes to a siege, so if you have a siege with 50 people, it means that the whole population is not much higher than that".
But i guess that's not true for RoA, it only works for DnD...

Territory Control Patch, Combat Patch, all going to see an increase in population.
Dreams, dreams, dreams.
I can say the same about the future contents that are on DnD roadmap: wait and see when they implement racial warfronts, caravans, arac changes and buy orders, all will see an increase in population.

And some others can't even convince themselves of what they say since they keep on spamming the forum of a "dead and crappy game" to tell no-one (because, hey the game is dead....) to go and play a fantastic other game that is blooming with 5+ people in each capitol city!!
Yeah, that game is so full of people that you have to keep trying to convince every single person you can to come and try it, so that maybe you have someone to play with :D

tl;dr: you're still a delusional fanboy.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #70
He might be but by design, New Dawn is still more populated with alts alone compared to RoA. It is what it is
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #71
Says the one living in his fictional reality (and being unhappy in it too :D)

TlDr: i can't contradict his statements....damn i better go back to my usual defense mode: insult him!!

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #72

You know it sounds all interesting and fun when you're talking about it but when you  actually go out and do it you find it's pretty boring. Even I'm like 'damn that sounds pretty cool' but upon reflection I know 95% of people that say they like this idea are going to hate it.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #73
Says the one living in his fictional reality (and being unhappy in it too :D)

TlDr: i can't contradict his statements....damn i better go back to my usual defense mode: insult him!!

more like I don't feel like talking in circles with an insane person.

Reply #74
more like I don't feel like talking in circles with an insane person.
says the one passing his days spamming on a forum of a "dead" game he doesn't like nor play :D