Skip to main content

Topic: [Discord] Unofficial Public Discord Channel for Darkfall: New Dawn (Read 2208 times) previous topic - next topic

[Discord] Unofficial Public Discord Channel for Darkfall: New Dawn

Hey everyone,

I have taken it upon myself to setup and help run a public Discord channel for Darkfall: New Dawn. This can be a place for a more person to person interaction between the members of the community. For those of you out there who do not know what Discord is, it is a free online chat and voice program. You can either connect through your browser to the server or download the standalone client. The Darkfall: New Dawn Discord server does not require anyone to have a registered Discord account. If anyone wishes to join the discord server please do so by clicking the following link,

Discord Darkfall: New Dawn link =  https://discord.gg/0z1xOrJIGItgcAez

You can learn about Discord here,

https://discordapp.com/

If @Ub3rgames decides to join in on the Discord server I have already set them up with Admin privileges. One of the @Ub3rgames Developers just needs to PM me their Discord username on these forums and I will give them the Developer roll on Discord which will grand them full Admin rights over the Discord server.

As for everyone else, feel free to openly discuss anything and everything about Darkfall: New Dawn! Lets try and keep this a safe and friendly place for everyone.

Cheers,
  • Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:11:09 am by Spool Lyger

Re: [Discord] The Unofficial Public Chat Channel for Darkfall: New Dawn
Reply #1
Great initiative. All we'll ask is that it remains clear that it is a fan initiative and that for official information, the website, news and forums are the go to place.

As you know, we try to address everything publicly and in a permanent way, which is why we favor the forums and its asynchronous nature. People can read and see the discussion well after the fact and we have time to produce the most coherent answers as a team rather than individuals. Voice comms also take a lot more time.

That said, once we are a bit less swamped, we'll gladly do some "meet the devs" sessions and swing by on the discord server.
We'll also do "meat the devs" sessions in real life, where we can meet up with players in a good steak house and spend the evening discussing the game and its future.  8)
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: [Discord] The Unofficial Public Chat Channel for Darkfall: New Dawn
Reply #2
Great initiative. All we'll ask is that it remains clear that it is a fan initiative and that for official information, the website, news and forums are the go to place.

As you know, we try to address everything publicly and in a permanent way, which is why we favor the forums and its asynchronous nature. People can read and see the discussion well after the fact and we have time to produce the most coherent answers as a team rather than individuals. Voice comms also take a lot more time.

That said, once we are a bit less swamped, we'll gladly do some "meet the devs" sessions and swing by on the discord server.
We'll also do "meat the devs" sessions in real life, where we can meet up with players in a good steak house and spend the evening discussing the game and its future.  8)

That could be interesting! Especially since I am traveling over to Europe at the end of the year and was already interested in seeing if there was a possibility of something of the like. But yes indeed, there is an announcements channel on discord that will link everyone to your dev blogs and and discussion threads so we are still all able to see how many people are viewing the threads for example.

Just another place for the community to hang and get the community feels flowing.

Re: [Discord] Unofficial Public Discord Channel for Darkfall: New Dawn
Reply #3
Only if the team is paying for my steak 😃 otherwise the fan is buying steaks for even half the team will be costly 😰

Reply #4
Dead discord channel is dead.

Reply #5
Bump.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #6
Thanks for making this server. I joined in.
Alfar Resistance Movement [ARM]

Reply #7
Yes all good but whenever I have been on it, it is empty...

Reply #8
I just joined, someone greet me pls

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
non expiring link:
https://discord.gg/krrxz6E
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc