Skip to main content

Topic: Is there a release date yet? (Read 1023 times) previous topic - next topic

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Is there a release date yet?
Reply #30
Yeah I'm a model yes man. I made quite a few of the balancing and the metagame evolution threads. Always putting in perspective and questioning the stance ub3r has taken, and trust me, that's nothing compared to the MP I have exchanged with Marc. I'm pretty sure they are laughing out loud reading you calling me a yes man !

There is quite a broad line between being a yes men, questioning a dev and outright harassing them. You are in a weird place if you can't see that, man.

Lastly I don't have a clue what does yes-men (coz yeah there a few around here) have to do with ub3r failure to communicate on major subjects such as release date and server location. IMO it's just their policy to leave every door open that is backfiring.
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:08:38 am by LRM
LRM

Reply #31
Yeah I'm a model yes man. I made quite a few of the balancing and the metagame evolution threads. Always putting in perspective and questioning the stance ub3r has taken, and trust me, that's nothing compared to the MP I have exchanged with Marc. I'm pretty sure they are laughing out loud reading you calling me a yes man !

There is quite a broad line between being a yes men, questioning a dev and outright harassing them. You are in a weird place if you can't see that, man.

Lastly I don't have a clue what does yes-men (coz yeah there a few around here) have to do with ub3r failure to communicate on major subjects such as release date and server location. IMO it's just their policy to leave every door open that is backfiring.
OK, my bad, I take it back. You weren't the best example of yes man.

Reply #32
Can you spot the best example?

Hint:

On a side note:

I do not see how blaming anyone including yourselves help. Either start paint and takes those 2-3 hours to make a better looking armor to show them the way, or don't. Pointing blame does not help. Btw, the yes-men activity has dropped a lot lately, the pink balloons start popping ;)
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #33
@wildNothing
No, because your first deathpoint is saved. You have to move a certain distance away from it for it to be reset and take into account a new selection.
Essentially, you will have to travel enough that suicide hoping will be slower to cover ground.
Good!
OK, I rewatched it with subtitles this time and without assumptions that you will introduce something new.
And I must say this video is good. Good work both of you!
For a first video it definitely could be worse. You do it your way, that's for sure. Logo is nice.
Now give us something patch related. Or even patch itself. I know you said nothing but I was expecting some game related stuff and now I'm a little bit disappointed.
Oh, come on. I like these mini announcements.

Reply #34
@wildNothing
No, because your first deathpoint is saved. You have to move a certain distance away from it for it to be reset and take into account a new selection.
Essentially, you will have to travel enough that suicide hoping will be slower to cover ground.
Good!
OK, I rewatched it with subtitles this time and without assumptions that you will introduce something new.
And I must say this video is good. Good work both of you!
For a first video it definitely could be worse. You do it your way, that's for sure. Logo is nice.
Now give us something patch related. Or even patch itself. I know you said nothing but I was expecting some game related stuff and now I'm a little bit disappointed.
Oh, come on. I like these mini announcements.

lol, you actually looked through my posts. Or even worse, remembered where to look :)
What address should I send my poster to?

And your name mate, your name - hypocrisy-detector. :)) such a tryhard
I must admit, had to check if this was your first post. And no, it was second. With first being about me too. lol
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:04:59 pm by wildNothing

Reply #35
Don't rush the launch @Ub3rgames ! You need to have a good game for launch or you'll face the same fate as RoA.

They had THOUSANDS of players at launch. But a shitty game with a shitty server made almost everyone quit.

You need to maintain your launch population carefully.

@Ub3rgames you're our only hope!

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
Smart money is on Maejohl.
LRM

Reply #37
Can you spot the best example?

Hint:

On a side note:

I do not see how blaming anyone including yourselves help. Either start paint and takes those 2-3 hours to make a better looking armor to show them the way, or don't. Pointing blame does not help. Btw, the yes-men activity has dropped a lot lately, the pink balloons start popping ;)

how dare someone say a solution to a problem sounds nice.. you're literally grasping at straws

you guys are deluded sitting around the forum in your pits of negativity looking for any misfortune to point and say 'i told you so' like smug lil' goblins. Uber gets a lot of honest and [private] feedback on almost everything.

yes activity has took a hit, not because we're all doomsayers like you 5 wierdos who we're probably all sick of reading, there's just nothing to be active for at the moment and likely until very close to launch.
Soho Summer

Reply #38
you guys are deluded sitting around the forum in your pits of negativity looking for any misfortune to point and say 'i told you so'
who are you talking about?

Reply #39
have you played the game yet @Battle Smurf ? the UI works well and imo looks fine compared to that black BPG shit. needs work ofc but its already great for what you can actually do with binds

Yes i have played both and the inventory and hotbar system in RoA is flat out better

can you explain why?

I mean there are YouTube videos on it but the TLDR=

RoA has "burst" and "cycle next" available macro functions built into the hotbar allowing you to do many different things in preferential order based on cooldown/ state with only 1 hotkey while never having to switch hotbars. Never switching hotbars allows u to monitor important cooldowns at all times while saving fractions of a second

The inventory double click to loot is preferable as well as the ability to auto stack all items of the same type in a jumbled up bag in order of durability and magnitude in a row with one click

Like i said there are Rise of Agon videos posted on YouTube that show this and more I'm not going to post them here

New Dawns system is definitely better than DF1 but still lacks some advanced functionality of RoAs hotbars and inventory. In order to play New Dawn to maximum effect i'd still have to use autohotkey macros

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
when it comes to inventory the only thing RoA has that DND hasn't is resizable inventory windows.
you can autoloot the whole grave with pressing F. and sorting is actually a lot more powerful and versatile in DND compared to RoA

you can ctrl+double click to select every item of the same type. if you do that again it broadens the selection
e.g. ctrl+double-click on bone chest:
1. selects all bone chests
2. selects all bone armour
3. selects all armour

if you press the sort button when you have something selected it only sorts the selected stuff.
for example if you only have your bone chests selected it will sort them in a row.

Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #41
have you played the game yet @Battle Smurf ? the UI works well and imo looks fine compared to that black BPG shit. needs work ofc but its already great for what you can actually do with binds

Yes i have played both and the inventory and hotbar system in RoA is flat out better

can you explain why?

RoA has "burst" and "cycle next" available macro functions built into the hotbar allowing you to do many different things in preferential order based on cooldown/ state with only 1 hotkey while never having to switch hotbars. Never switching hotbars allows u to monitor important cooldowns at all times while saving fractions of a second

The inventory double click to loot is preferable as well as the ability to auto stack all items of the same type in a jumbled up bag in order of durability and magnitude in a row with one click

Like i said there are Rise of Agon videos posted on YouTube that show this and more I'm not going to post them here

New Dawns system is definitely better than DF1 but still lacks some advanced functionality of RoAs hotbars and inventory. In order to play New Dawn to maximum effect i'd still have to use autohotkey macros

Nubnax post above explains the inventory system well and i do think its way better than ROA with much more choice. devs have said they do not want a cycle next spell option because if youre having to do that then theres something wrong with the game design overall . button mashing like WOW isnt what were here for i guess is what they mean

Reply #42

can you explain why?

Nubnax post above explains the inventory system well and i do think its way better than ROA with much more choice. devs have said they do not want a cycle next spell option because if youre having to do that then theres something wrong with the game design overall . button mashing like WOW isnt what were here for i guess is what they mean

Yeah

It's more like, you don't have to cycle a lot of things now that we only need to use 1 type of ray to be as efficient as a player who decides to use 4 different rays or more. Same goes with R50's, you only need 1. You can always buff other cycle an ally, but by the time that you're done, there will probably only be 5-10 seconds left on most of them. You just cast what your friend may need right now. Casting every self buffs in the book will wear yourself down quick.

So yeah, all that unlimited hotbar feel that ROA have to it is just not something that DnD needs at all. In revenge, that helps the noob understanding the game better rather than seeing them bloating their hotbar with a lot of stuff that they don't know about. I mean, playing with noobs made me realize just how bad they can get confused with the controls.

Reply #43
I remember at the start of Uber acquiring the darkfall license they really impressed me. Their weekly updates were well written and informative. There work velocity seemed to constantly increase. I was like damn these guys seem really professional. But lately they've gone a bit quiet... With snippets of information here and there on threads. Whilst i rather have them concentrating on the game than the forums don't get me wrong, it is slightly remanisent of the AV days... and the patch rate seems to severely slowed...

in the beginning it looked like they might have to compete with roa

that is obviously not true now so it's fine that they're focusing on working over posting

Reply #44

in the beginning it looked like they might have to compete with roa

that is obviously not true now so it's fine that they're focusing on working over posting
No competition is a bad news for consumer.