Skip to main content

Topic: Is there a release date yet? (Read 911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is there a release date yet?
Reply #15
Albion dropped from 2000 wievers to 200 in 1.5months. Not much content, terrible economy.

Ub3r should aim for their players but UI need to change before that,
Gearing up to be pvp-pve ready in albion is like 5 seconds.
in DF it is 5 minutes
we need to get regs, 4-5 type of weapons, 10-15 piece of gears, preparing this is very tedious
  • Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:16:54 pm by Aglorien

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Please ignore the "you have to release soon or the earth will end" dementia......that was the type of hysteria that affected BPG (together with: "please no grind") and it seems they are not in a great spot right now.

Release when ready and after a good PR campaign, no rush...

In the meanwhile people should get out of their basement, find a GF, enjoy some food, read a book, walk in the woods, find a job...etc.etc

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #17
Their UI dev became diseased and decided to enjoy the rest of his life, so that's an issue. Good on him though. Sad but at least he's enjoying life (or trying to)

So thats what happened

i was wondering how the hell BPG still had a better hotbar and inventory/ bank system than Ub3rgames

That's like the one good thing BPG did maybe that guy should quit and join Ub3rgames

Reply #18
have you played the game yet @Battle Smurf ? the UI works well and imo looks fine compared to that black BPG shit. needs work ofc but its already great for what you can actually do with binds

Reply #19
have you played the game yet @Battle Smurf ? the UI works well and imo looks fine compared to that black BPG shit. needs work ofc but its already great for what you can actually do with binds

Yes i have played both and the inventory and hotbar system in RoA is flat out better

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
how is the inventory system in RoA better? from what i've seen everything you can do in RoA you can do in DND and more.

edit:
ok there is one thing that's better in RoA than in DND. you can adjust the size of inventory windows.
  • Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:41:46 pm by nubnax
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #21
Their UI dev became diseased and decided to enjoy the rest of his life, so that's an issue. Good on him though. Sad but at least he's enjoying life (or trying to)
legit?
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
yes, their UI dev was diagnosed with a life altering illness. it's not terminal but meant he couldn't work at ub3rgames anymore.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #23

Yes i have played both and the inventory and hotbar system in RoA is flat out better

I think the weapons bar for DND is way better for weapon management.
Also in New Dawn you can map over a spell with a staff and I only have to key that bind to pull out staff and load spell.
I do like the "First Available" option in RoA. Other than that I like New Dawn better.

I also like how you can stack spells and 2H abilities on one slot in RoA. However, you can emulate this in New Dawn by binding the 0-9 keys and emulate it pretty easily by having a column rotate to different columns depending on weapon in hand using the weapons bar management.

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Please ignore the "you have to release soon or the earth will end" dementia......that was the type of hysteria that affected BPG (together with: "please no grind") and it seems they are not in a great spot right now.

Release when ready and after a good PR campaign, no rush...

In the meanwhile people should get out of their basement, find a GF, enjoy some food, read a book, walk in the woods, find a job...etc.etc

Regards
HG

I forgot to add: and wait also for RoA to fail before officially launching DnD, will hopefully get some of their die hard players as well.

Regards
HG
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:18:56 am by Hyld
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #25

So thats what happened

i was wondering how the hell BPG still had a better hotbar and inventory/ bank system than Ub3rgames

That's like the one good thing BPG did maybe that guy should quit and join Ub3rgames

I don't like ROA's new UI at all. An option to revert back to windows 98 is actually what i'm hoping to get one day when ever i play ROA.

No, but seriously, it should be optional when it's too different to become good or worse for some ppl like me.
The old UI actually looks like it comes from a fantasy rpg game. ROA's UI simply looks like iphone style. For an mmorpg like DF, you get bored of that style real quick.

Reply #26
ROA's "First Available" is brilliant for QOL when it comes to items.  If your Cobra breaks, out comes your Blackbolt without having to stop and drag to your Weapons Bar.  Or run out of Major Pots, and your Moderate pots are next in line.

However, DND made a really nice change when they made us able to set hotkeys directly from the hotbars.  Instead of using that awful "GUI Row 1 Col 5" shit.  Just a perfect way to scare off Noobs right out of the gate.

Reply #27

can you explain why?

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
I personally won't be logging in without a release date. @Ub3rgames slided over the 14th of July without even an announcement, it's been two months now enough is enough.

It's been a major lapse in communication that eroded the faith many of us had in you guys.
LRM

Reply #29
I personally won't be logging in without a release date. @Ub3rgames slided over the 14th of July without even an announcement, it's been two months now enough is enough.

It's been a major lapse in communication that eroded the faith many of us had in you guys.
Don't only point finger at others. Take a little blame on yourself. This is what happens when one surrounds a company with yes man who bully anyone who dares to question anything or states unpleasant facts.