Skip to main content

Topic: Skill Effects (Read 189 times) previous topic - next topic

Skill Effects
Iv'e heard the developers talk about wanting to make DF more than just a murder sim.  That PVE and trading were going to be a big part of the game.  I believe their hope is that because of this people's first thought when seeing another player isn't just to kill and dry loot them.

But that wasn't the topic of my post.  If the developers do indeed plan on allowing other play styles are there plans to actually have skill effects ( not just the damage ) work on mobs?  Wall of Force and knock backs actually working on everything but maybe the highest strength mobs?

That always bugged the crap out of me in DF, the original developers always claimed they were making a game for everyone but then made some really fun and creative skill effects only work in PVP.  Don't counter with its meant to keep people from exploiting mobs with CC blaa blaa.  That's an excuse for not wanting to apply effort at solving any potential problems.

Re: Skill Effects
Reply #1
They have said that is their intention, yes

Reply #2
its meant to keep people from exploiting mobs with CC blaa blaa

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
its meant to keep people from exploiting mobs with CC blaa blaa

Exactly, but my thoughts are if players have to exploit mobs to make money or level up, something else is wrong.
I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid