Skip to main content

Topic: Facebook update: Get Dressed? (Read 1240 times) previous topic - next topic

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Facebook update: Get Dressed?

I see many different robes in the background....
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:47:52 am by Kenman
I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid

Re: Facebook update: Get Dressed?
Reply #1
If it really is new skins for the new robes that would be pretty cool, as long as it also includes the fixes to encumb/magic and one of the following

A: Lootapocolypse
B: AI upgrade
C: Something fun to test
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
title system?!?!

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Oh, wait, I found this in the SFAD files;

Raap - Uprising

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm guessing its an auto equip all feature.  No new artwork.

Reply #5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I see many different robes in the background....
They said in the interview that they are working on armor assets. So maybe? But when is this patch coming? Ah, soon. :)
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:01:53 am by wildNothing

Reply #6

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:31:53 am by Maejohl

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Are they adding fun to PvE?

That'd be an improvement.

Edit: If respawning kicks you to a random nearby chaos stones 5+ map tiles from a bank then enjoy your player retention being at zero. Something has to be done about the state of chaos stones.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:35:39 am by Raap

Raap - Uprising

Reply #8
Respawn to nearby bindstone will offer you a choice of where to respawn in a radius, with at least one stone with a bank you can access near it.
The whole point is to test out the range sensitivity of the system to have it fine tuned before local banking and markets are introduced.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
That sounds scary
LRM

Reply #10
Respawn to nearby bindstone will offer you a choice of where to respawn in a radius, with at least one stone with a bank you can access near it.
The whole point is to test out the range sensitivity of the system to have it fine tuned before local banking and markets are introduced.

I hope You have an indepth understanding of the consequences this respawn feature have on an populated server. I can clearly see people being stuck at places they not really wanna be. And for what reason is this feature implemented? if respawn at your bindstone is an option then its a brilliant feature, but feel free to elaborate cause I dont see any point in it except getting back to your grave fast.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:54:07 am by Nataz

Reply #11

I hope You have an indepth understanding of the consequences this respawn feature have on an populated server. I can clearly see people being stuck at places they not really wanna be. And for what reason is this feature implemented? if respawn at your bindstone is an option then its a brilliant feature, but feel free to elaborate cause I dont see any point in it except getting back to your grave fast.

They've elaborated on this many times. Try using the search feature.

But here's a hint - being able to recall to your clan holding to defend it when you're on the other side of the world doesn't fit the "no instant travel" idea.

Reply #12

This feature is implemented so you cannot exploit slow travel with suicide. They mentioned some other bullshit reasons though, like newbies who farm would love such a change to get back to their graves easier after being PK-ed, dry looted, their useless stuff deleted, lol.

Good to see the idea evolved a bit to a circle to choose from, if villages stones are included, then merchants at villages could work.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #13

They've elaborated on this many times. Try using the search feature.

But here's a hint - being able to recall to your clan holding to defend it when you're on the other side of the world doesn't fit the "no instant travel" idea.

Don't worry, we will our alts to defend, fuck the casuals.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #14
With this system you cannot be some place you do not want to be.
It will offer you choices near your death point, and as players control their movement, they control where they respawn.
If you've decided to go far away, it comes with the consequence of being far from home.

For now, there is still global banking, so getting a choice to spawn near a bank should just get you back in the fight faster.

In the long run, the advantages of such a system are:
- At an individual level, it helps newer players that will wipe or die on trips and do not have the reflex of rebinding. Which we expect to be more common as patches roll in. One of the goal for PvE is to have it be challenging enough to wipe groups.
- At a global level, it creates troop commitment, which inherently is an anti-zerg tool allowing for guerrilla tactics.
- At an economic level, it contributes to the barrier of entry that makes trading viable in a localized system.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.