Skip to main content

Topic: Mounted Combat (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

Mounted Combat
Quick question for those who have played in the more recent patches. Has Uber and crew fixed mounted combat? Do you still arbitrarily get stuck on the mount and juggled to death? What are the things we have changed to prevent the "cheesiness" of mounted combat?

In ROA I could win 1v3 fights using 3-4 mounts, and often in outnumbered fights I could just dive the backline and at least guarantee 1 kill before my mounts died. I am not the best mounted fighter, hence my desire to see it all balanced. I hated as a melee/archery pusher it being so efficient to the point that I ALWAYS had to carry 3-4 mounts.

Re: Mounted Combat
Reply #1
Quick question for those who have played in the more recent patches. Has Uber and crew fixed mounted combat? Do you still arbitrarily get stuck on the mount and juggled to death? What are the things we have changed to prevent the "cheesiness" of mounted combat?

In ROA I could win 1v3 fights using 3-4 mounts, and often in outnumbered fights I could just dive the backline and at least guarantee 1 kill before my mounts died. I am not the best mounted fighter, hence my desire to see it all balanced. I hated as a melee/archery pusher it being so efficient to the point that I ALWAYS had to carry 3-4 mounts.

Well you can only carry 2 mounts (or one BH at 200kg) at the most here and ride 1, since weight capacity is 300kg but starters have weight so you cant carry a full 300kg.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
Does whacking someone from a mount still do crazy damage?

Reply #3

What you can do in RoA, you cannot do here, as in securing consecutive hits on target after first successful melee hit from mount. Maybe you can hit with mount rear to a wall or something to get player stuck, but I never seen that.

Regardless of that, mounted combat is strong and needed for heavy players, as they mobility is very limited in this version.

Does whacking someone from a mount still do crazy damage?

It does crazy damage, but easy to kite 1 mount. Trouble is when kiting 2 or more, or in chaotic group fights.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4
1h dealing +50% dmg from mount (30-50)
Sithra dealing +100% dmg (60-90)

Reply #5
i rock mounted sithra and its pretty rewarding id say

Reply #6
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcjpXrp80qh0eJqu3agEYtg?view_as=subscriber

You can watch videos wiht mount fight on my channel

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Don't forget also that they will remove the side swings buttons and using your mouse crosshair as a directional swing, more practical and quick. This is one of the features i really want to be implemented asap.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #8
Don't forget also that they will remove the side swings buttons and using your mouse crosshair as a directional swing, more practical and quick. This is one of the features i really want to be implemented asap.
What? Really? Do you have any quotes? That would be something.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
What? Really? Do you have any quotes? That would be something.

100%, a mount directional combat like M&B, read the whole topic below:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,741.15.html

@Ub3rgmes Is mouse directional swings on mount (instead of press 2 buttons for right and left), still considered hopefully, right?

Yes, we just didn't mention it as it is more a QOL change than a balance change.
  • Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:57:10 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #10
The Polearm should be allowed for mounted combat (in combination with a title)
  • Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:43:21 pm by Prometheus
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!