Skip to main content

Topic: Don't launch... (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Don't launch...
Reply #15
Yes, watchtowers are among the paramount implementations needed before a launch, part of their "grand scheme" changes they have intertwined. Half-assing and implementing only x% of this intertwined system might leave us with gaps in the economy or overall game balance. Clan holding taxation is in, watchtowers will hopefully be in, but a new siege system has yet to be implemented - and it's not on their roadmap before launch.

Wow you are right they are launching with old siege system backed by watchtowers, I would imagine they still will be needed to be taken down before actually sieging a holding, but keeping current rules?

I suppose so. Local banking will be in, also possibly raising some issues, combined with runestones being much less common at launch afaik. Sieging a holding some clan owns further away from it's main holding will be easy, and fast, with the current system in place; It's still very much a land-grab, and not so much a war campaign Ub3r has envisioned. The defenders/attackers wipe once, and the siege might be over. Could be problematic for large clans planning to play this at launch, with multiple outposts for trading or w/e. That's just an issue from the top of my head, might be several other ones appearing too. :/

Reply #16
my two words: do not launch until major graphics update has been released . Too many people reject this game coz it have VERY outdated grahics. You have just one chance.

Reply #17
my two words: do not launch until major graphics update has been released . Too many people reject this game coz it have VERY outdated grahics. You have just one chance.
Nah, interface needs a huge rework asap, but graphics are not a priority. With Shadows and Shader 3.0 game looks okay.
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #18
Nah, interface needs a huge rework asap, but graphics are not a priority. With Shadows and Shader 3.0 game looks okay.

The UI is tight beyond the active/non inactive window  which is different than most games. The rest of it is completely modular you can make it do anything you want to.

Can we stop with the OMG !1!1 don't launch posts till they actually say they are going to launch.

Reply #19

The UI is tight beyond the active/non inactive window  which is different than most games. The rest of it is completely modular you can make it do anything you want to.
Can we stop with the OMG !1!1 don't launch posts till they actually say they are going to launch.
I'll play no matter what, and the point of my post was not "omg, don't launch". But if something's gonna dissuade new players from joining, interface is a bigger problem (and easier to change) than graphics...

PS learn2quote
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #20
... Until you've fixed and added necessary content. If you plan on releasing soon with the current state of the game, it will not float for very long. There's too many things that need to be addressed more properly before a launch can even be considered.

* Combat balance - mage is the only real viable option currently, end-game mage beats the rest
* Economy - resource valuation, crafting recipe balancing, rare resource location, city resource nodes, village & trade route reward, gold value (currently really easy to get and very abundant compared to what sinks there are)
* Clan empires - watchtowers, siege system and mechanics

And more. I will write a more hefty thread later on, gotta run out the door now. But please, don't sink this ship Ub3r. Don't rush it, take it slow and get it done properly before you put it out.

Fuck off you wet wipe
Even when i lose I'm the winner.
Elitist Cuntz Empire Reculata
Truedon- CO Founder of the stickyback code.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBbl-cU_EgIDtdn2_XhqKA <--- pvp vids

Reply #21
this forum.....

Reply #22
you were no better, you cried a river when I trolled you marking a rune at a Mirdain bank and get u killed by towers bc you were too stupid
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
... Until you've fixed and added necessary content. If you plan on releasing soon with the current state of the game, it will not float for very long. There's too many things that need to be addressed more properly before a launch can even be considered.

* Combat balance - mage is the only real viable option currently, end-game mage beats the rest
* Economy - resource valuation, crafting recipe balancing, rare resource location, city resource nodes, village & trade route reward, gold value (currently really easy to get and very abundant compared to what sinks there are)
* Clan empires - watchtowers, siege system and mechanics

And more. I will write a more hefty thread later on, gotta run out the door now. But please, don't sink this ship Ub3r. Don't rush it, take it slow and get it done properly before you put it out.

You forget 2 more important matters, alignment hits for ARACs clans/alliances and racial wars warfronts. These things are really necessary expecially for new players experience and safety.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #24

You're an idiot