Skip to main content

Topic: Don't launch... (Read 683 times) previous topic - next topic

Don't launch...
... Until you've fixed and added necessary content. If you plan on releasing soon with the current state of the game, it will not float for very long. There's too many things that need to be addressed more properly before a launch can even be considered.

* Combat balance - mage is the only real viable option currently, end-game mage beats the rest
* Economy - resource valuation, crafting recipe balancing, rare resource location, city resource nodes, village & trade route reward, gold value (currently really easy to get and very abundant compared to what sinks there are)
* Clan empires - watchtowers, siege system and mechanics

And more. I will write a more hefty thread later on, gotta run out the door now. But please, don't sink this ship Ub3r. Don't rush it, take it slow and get it done properly before you put it out.

Re: Don't launch...
Reply #1
You must be retarded.

Reply #2
You must be retarded.
So that would make you literal dog shit, then?
This game needs a lot of what OP mentioned.  @Xipos most, if not all, of things you mentioned are going to be in before launch.

Reply #3
Xipos always was abit slower than slower one....so its ok

Reply #4
Economy and combat balance are needed, rest is just fluff for the moment.

Reply #5

To who? Vets, or new players that will try the game out for the first time? How come the population isn't booming right now if the game is so fun?

It's more than just fluff. With the current direction, we need a whole package, not just parts of a bigger picture. It's essentially what AV did with DF1; Released the game half-finished, with hopes of finishing it down the road.

You think the game is ready for launch? Even with the remaining roadmap finished?
  • Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:46:18 pm by Xipos

Reply #6

To who? Vets, or new players that will try the game out for the first time? How come the population isn't booming right now if the game is so fun?

It's more than just fluff. With the current direction, we need a whole package, not just parts of a bigger picture. It's essentially what AV did with DF1; Released the game half-finished, with hopes of finishing it down the road.

You think the game is ready for launch? Even with the remaining roadmap finished?

You are exaggerating how many changes are needed. They have added MANY things that have differed the game from the AV DF, things that will greatly help new players.

As I clearly said, the most important things are economy and combat balancing. The watchtower whatever stuff you mentioned is fluff, it's not needed to make the game succeed.

No idea what you mean by "whole package", that's extremely broad and sounds like something a politician would say.

Reply #7
The watchtower whatever stuff you mentioned is fluff, it's not needed to make the game succeed.

Absolutely disagree with this, the current siege system is horrid and the lack of meaningful territory control is game breaking, because it makes only sieges as really meaningful, but they are horrible.

The watchtower system is part of the new siege system and as a whole give holdings value and means for inter clan conflict of meaning outside of sieges as well s makes sieging a 'campaign' instead of a 21 hours later 3 hour conflict.

Luckily Ub3r plans on doing it before launch....
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #8
The watchtower whatever stuff you mentioned is fluff, it's not needed to make the game succeed.

Absolutely disagree with this, the current siege system is horrid and the lack of meaningful territory control is game breaking, because it makes only sieges as really meaningful, but they are horrible.

The watchtower system is part of the new siege system and as a whole give holdings value and means for inter clan conflict of meaning outside of sieges as well s makes sieging a 'campaign' instead of a 21 hours later 3 hour conflict.

Siege fixes are needed, but I don't really think Watchtowers "fix" sieging. It's just extra content. Siege fixes revolve around combining the local banking/economy stuff, as well as the more recent meditation changes. Watchtowers as far as I remember, were NOT tied to the week long sieges (which were Uber's direction to fixing sieges).

More areas/things to conquer is certainly good, but fixing the core systems is far more important. We just can't have holdings being worthless, and with local banking, new siege system, and meditation point upkeep I think those are steps in the right direction already.

Reply #9

Siege fixes are needed, but I don't really think Watchtowers "fix" sieging. It's just extra content. Siege fixes revolve around combining the local banking/economy stuff, as well as the more recent meditation changes. Watchtowers as far as I remember, were NOT tied to the week long sieges.

Incorrect, you can not siege a city until all its surrounding watchtowers are down, they are an core part of the system creating a defensive barrier that prevents an actual siege until destroyed.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #10

Siege fixes are needed, but I don't really think Watchtowers "fix" sieging. It's just extra content. Siege fixes revolve around combining the local banking/economy stuff, as well as the more recent meditation changes. Watchtowers as far as I remember, were NOT tied to the week long sieges.

Incorrect, you can not siege a city until all its surrounding watchtowers are down, they are an core part of the system creating a defensive barrier that prevents an actual siege until destroyed.

Ah ok, so they wanted to combine that with the new siege rules?

Reply #11

Its all one system with the territory control and new sieges intertwined. Owning a holding is owning territory as are watchtowers and taking that territory includes taking down those towers and that holding.

Reply #12

Its all one system with the territory control and new sieges intertwined. Owning a holding is owning territory as are watchtowers and taking that territory includes taking down those towers and that holding.

Oh ok. Thanks. I guess I was mistaken for the ROA "watchtower" equivalent, which isn't really an equivalent apparently. I change my opinion, that sounds like it would be really important to have. The most important thing is that we DON'T have a repeat of ROA territories, where nobody cared about losing or fighting for them.

Reply #13
Yes, watchtowers are among the paramount implementations needed before a launch, part of their "grand scheme" changes they have intertwined. Half-assing and implementing only x% of this intertwined system might leave us with gaps in the economy or overall game balance. Clan holding taxation is in, watchtowers will hopefully be in, but a new siege system has yet to be implemented - and it's not on their roadmap before launch.

Reply #14
Yes, watchtowers are among the paramount implementations needed before a launch, part of their "grand scheme" changes they have intertwined. Half-assing and implementing only x% of this intertwined system might leave us with gaps in the economy or overall game balance. Clan holding taxation is in, watchtowers will hopefully be in, but a new siege system has yet to be implemented - and it's not on their roadmap before launch.

Wow you are right they are launching with old siege system backed by watchtowers, I would imagine they still will be needed to be taken down before actually sieging a holding, but keeping current rules?