Skip to main content

Topic: New to game have Questions before i BUY (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New to game have Questions before i BUY
Reply #15
how long will it take to level

Their system has many bonuses for group play so solo can be kinda slow but in groups its not too bad, plus there is a power hour that gives double xp for 1 hour a day.
I really dont have time to level like that.

Made Troll account if that's your answer to that response about a MMO. Reporting thread, byebye

Reply #16
im new and finding it's the best time to try the game. i can work shit out on my own quietly. not great chances of me being jumped at troll spawns and ive even had a couple of gos at capping a village to see how that worked. but yeah if youre wanting mega siege action then now is not the time

This. Im a new player myself and i consider the indev period mostly as training for when the game goes live. If you are looking for something thats insta fun tho you might wanna reconsider. Also keep in mind that any character progress you make in indev will be wiped. If you can cope with that, the game is definetely worth a try since you will get to play for the rest of indev + 2 months after live for 20 euros.
====You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #17
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

Reply #18
I wasn't aware that heavy builds were still viable in group fights, thanks for the clarifications.  I suppose the lack of mobility isn't crippling in a group situation.  Myself, I stick to solo or small groups, so I have a hard time visualizing how the lack of mobility and being largely archery-focused would be much fun.  But I'll admit that group fights are a different animal.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I wasn't aware that heavy builds were still viable in group fights, thanks for the clarifications.  I suppose the lack of mobility isn't crippling in a group situation.  Myself, I stick to solo or small groups, so I have a hard time visualizing how the lack of mobility and being largely archery-focused would be much fun.  But I'll admit that group fights are a different animal.

Here is a clip of a sizable group fight from tonight.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #20
Nice vid.  So do people use Spell Reflect and Timed Blocking currently? 

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Timed blocking is a PvE thing since mobs give that level of predictability which players do not. Timed blocking and the stamina drain that comes from it has, as I said it would, been detrimental to group fight pacing. It was a knee-jerk reaction from Ubergems in response to tears from 1v1 tournament dweebs.

Spell reflect is obsolete.
  • Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:13:36 am by Raap

Raap - Uprising

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
I use spell reflect it's really useful.

My guess is that timed blocking could be useful in pvp too but noone practiced enough with it yet
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #23
And there's still the issue of low ping vs high ping players.

American and Australian clanmates constantly bitch how timed blocking doesn't work for them, yet I can time my blocks easy (~45 ms ping for me)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #24

I try to use timed blocking, it's a thing if you have faster melee weapon than your opponent, but still learning. In PVE it's ez and most useful.
Spell reflect -> Arcane still ~60. I have seen spell reflect usage only in duel videos from Giants months ago.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #25

American and Australian clanmates constantly bitch how timed blocking doesn't work for them, yet I can time my blocks easy (~45 ms ping for me)

If it was that easy I wouldn't tear up your daggers with a polearm ;) You do hit those blocks a whole lot more than I do though, I'll give you that.

I try to use timed blocking, it's a thing if you have faster melee weapon than your opponent, but still learning. In PVE it's ez and most useful.
Spell reflect -> Arcane still ~60. I have seen spell reflect usage only in duel videos from Giants months ago.

Spell reflect is amazing if used well in mage vs mage fights, hugely contributes towards the mind games and is really fun. If you use arcane for your bolt or nuke it's going to be less predictable, you can hold it to bait a wof counter, and if you make a high magnitude mage nuke or charged ray into your back it's big damage.

Reply #26

If it was that easy I wouldn't tear up your daggers with a polearm ;) You do hit those blocks a whole lot more than I do though, I'll give you that.
I never said I was good. Only that ping is not an issue for me :D
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Spell reflect is very strong but only in mage's hands. Firstly because of duration (still short but not super short) secondly  because mages already have a staff in their hands. Changing from bow to staff to cast SR is weak.

Reply #28
Spell reflect is very strong but only in mage's hands. Firstly because of duration (still short but not super short) secondly  because mages already have a staff in their hands. Changing from bow to staff to cast SR is weak.

Well yeah, it's also encumbrance effected too, pretty sure that's the point, not supposed to be OP for for archer/melee builds like it was when the first patched it :)