Skip to main content

Topic: New to game have Questions before i BUY (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

New to game have Questions before i BUY
Questions
1.Do i need to level in InDev/Beta
2. Where Is server Location at currently
3. What is the player population

Re: New to game have Questions before i BUY
Reply #1
1. Yes
2. Paris
3. Low

Reply #2
how long will it take to level

Reply #3
how long will it take to level

Their system has many bonuses for group play so solo can be kinda slow but in groups its not too bad, plus there is a power hour that gives double xp for 1 hour a day.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #4
I really dont have time to level like that.

Reply #5
I really dont have time to level like that.

Then may i suggest a MOBA or FPS, the game at launch is going to require you to level anyway.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #6
just play melee archery... with power hour and all those bonuses, you'll be pvp viable quite fast!
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

Reply #7
Melee archery has never been less viable in any iteration of Darkfall than it is now, unfortunately.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Melee archery has never been less viable in any iteration of Darkfall than it is now, unfortunately.

What

Reply #9

What
I agree with Gosti, what are you talking about? Try to play as a mage in group fights or in a siege and tell me again how melee/archery has never been less viable.

Reply #10
bad time to try the game.

theres a grind ans population is like zero.

Reply #11
im new and finding it's the best time to try the game. i can work shit out on my own quietly. not great chances of me being jumped at troll spawns and ive even had a couple of gos at capping a village to see how that worked. but yeah if youre wanting mega siege action then now is not the time

Reply #12
If you are EU join Uprising to get you up to speed.

To answer your questions:
1. Yes. Melee/Archery takes 5-6 Power hours to get viable, or 12 normal hours. (When you use Power hour you gain twice the xp, but it lasts only 1 hour and CD 22  hours.) Leveling magic takes considerably more time, since you need to level more than 1 schools. Once you got a skill to 50, you can start meditating on it effectively. Meditation points are easy to gain from villages if you have a group or play remote time zones. You only need to stay for 5 minutes at village stone, no siege equipment required anymore.
2. Paris
3. All time low. In EU time zone we can find some fights at villages from time to time, but if it's more than 3 people besides us that we consider a crowd. Sometimes we drop sieges for fun, like every week one. Chances of seeing another soul in starter towns is extremely low.

If you are really new to the game and interested in PvP, only try it if:
- do not get frustrated by autowalking/riding for 10-15 minutes just to have a chance to get some action (most of the time you don't)
- are good at aiming
- are good at handling cool down, there is no timer to show when skill is ready
- have around 20-40 hours to get used to the game and get the minimum for fights
- forget solo mentality, you need to join a PvP oriented clan, else no chance to learn how to fight
  • Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:47:55 am by Eilistraee
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #13
im new and finding it's the best time to try the game. i can work shit out on my own quietly. not great chances of me being jumped at troll spawns and ive even had a couple of gos at capping a village to see how that worked. but yeah if youre wanting mega siege action then now is not the time
You are fooling no one, you are not new.
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
It's viable. Magic dominates small scale fights and 1v1 fights and does currently have all the perks of magic with no drawbacks, so yes magic is OP, but that does not mean that in group fights (3v3 or larger) melee/archery isn't possible.

That said, this really is the only choices. You're either full mage or you're melee/archery hybrid. The former can still melee, the latter can only push melee. It's like playing a game such as WoW and the only classes are Mage and Warrior.

This will never change, DF2012 combat systems are too limited. Best get used to it.
  • Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:36:45 pm by Raap

Raap - Uprising