Skip to main content

Topic: Active? (Read 554 times) previous topic - next topic

Active?
Hello.

Played DF1 since launch, ROA since launch (its dead now) and ONLY just found out about New Dawn (I'm not one for forums, usually)
and heard the population is good for EU players.

How do I play the beta? Is it free? is the game active?

Thank you!

Re: Active?
Reply #1
You buy the client and get all of indev +x months after launch (depending on package). Currently its pretty low and has been much higher during other times of indev, so given whats up at RoA and there are some big patches in the works, I expect some bump to that pop as patches roll in.

Right now its really quiet, but if all the people wondering about pop and waiting for it to go up were to log on, there would actually be a pretty good pop lol.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
Activity is very low, but if you join an active clan, fun is possible.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
You buy the client and get all of indev +x months after launch (depending on package). Currently its pretty low and has been much higher during other times of indev, so given whats up at RoA and there are some big patches in the works, I expect some bump to that pop as patches roll in.

Right now its really quiet, but if all the people wondering about pop and waiting for it to go up were to log on, there would actually be a pretty good pop lol.
ye just dont join myckes clan he'll make u quit after 5minutes
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

Reply #4

ye just dont join myckes clan he'll make u quit after 5minutes

Besides your trolling, what does really make people stop playing is how dead NA time is, its a real problem for who wants to play a pvp game with no one to fight?
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #5
Hello.

Played DF1 since launch, ROA since launch (its dead now) and ONLY just found out about New Dawn (I'm not one for forums, usually)
and heard the population is good for EU players.

How do I play the beta? Is it free? is the game active?

Thank you!
Welcome to the forums.

As was already said - game is currently in InDev, some features came out-of-order so balance is a bit messed up, but that's the point of testing during development.

Buying the game now gives you access to remainder of InDev + some time at launch (minimal package gives 2 months at live).
If you do not want to pay now, you can also wait for a free period. If not sooner, there's gonna be one a few weeks before launch.

I suggest reading "What is New Dawn" to learn about their vision, and you can skim through Roadmap to release

PS there is some (although low) activity in all time zones, but your best bet to find PvP is at villages, especially the ones close to center of world, and even more so if their percentage is high (150+%)
  • Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:12:51 am by Wyverex
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #6
Sup, if u get in...   message me here and ill help u get started, finding a clan, etc
"I like to think of RoA as Romulan, and DnD as Vulcan. They kind of look similar, but one is more based on logic." -greatdane

Reply #7
not active atm

Reply #8
I missed the July release , how is it going

Reply #9

Wrong year ;)
  • Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:59:11 pm by Mycke

Reply #10

Save this sentence, it might be reusable next July as well.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #11
Game is not launched yet and pop is very low but its also cheap and you get all the time you buy now on top at launch.

If you plan on playing darkfall in the future this is your only chance and also the best iteration I have witnessed after playing each of them.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori