Skip to main content

Topic: Can't raid cities with current encumbrance system. (Read 623 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't raid cities with current encumbrance system.
Couldn't enter a city wearing a mix of studded leather and full plate chest/helm blood crafted. I'm a game Veteran, playing medium-heavy with melee Focus. I tried every trick in the book including standing on my Mount to get a little extra height.

I started a new thread because I read Ubergames  response in the other encumbrance thread and they don't even mention an acknowledgement that you can't get over walls with the current system.

Want to make sure this gets addressed, thanks!

Re: Can't raid cities with current encumbrance system.
Reply #1
wear robes/bone

I think it is intended

Reply #2
Yeah it's stupid atm. You might be lucky with unburden though and get under 0 and get a good launch.

Reply #3
De-gear / Battlespikes /Switch to new/old meta, be a mage.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #4
Launch/ Telekinesis really shouldn't be affected by encumbrance

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Clan member: Raap, are you inside the city yet?
Me: Hold on man, degearing 7 out of 10 pieces, just give me two more minutes and I'll--
Clan member: Nevermind, no one here, let's move on.
Me: Hold on man, I'm regearing 7 out of 10 pieces, just give me two more minutes and I'll--
Clan member: Oh shit there is someone here after all!
Me: Can't fight yet, regearing!
*two minutes later*
Me: ready, coming!
Clan member: HES RUNNING AWAY! I'll begone after him!
Me: Hold on man, degearing 7 out of 10 pieces, just give me two more minutes and I'll--
Clan member: Got him, hes dead.
Me: UBERGEMS PLS

Ubergems: WORKING AS INTENDED WE GUUD PVP DESIGNURDS

Raap - Uprising

Reply #6
Been wearing a half thick leather/full plate mix and with unburden my movement spells work pretty good. At least good enough to get into cities.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #7
I'm 99% sure Ub3rgames said from day 1 you would no longer be able to launch/stormblast/Telekinesis into cities anyways

Supposedly some magic barrier or some shit that prevented it and instead you have to use ladders or blow a hole in the wall

The reasoning was to give the defenders a better degree of protection and TBH it's necessary

Being a ninja raider was fun for me but ruined tons of peoples experience when i'd hit them crafting/ macroing/afk  and locking peoples cities down and bindcamping them was too easy

The goal should be to give weaker/newer/city dwellers more protection inside certain areas while simultaneously making changes that encourage them to venture out more rather than sit inside dueling

Reply #8
u can shrapnel explosion onto walls if u put the shrapnel right at ur feet and just jump, otherwise good luck

Seek and Destroy

Reply #9
lolol

Reply #10
shrapnel works better than stormblast for me for some reason, even when in bone/racial staff.

We also had a returning member who plays heavy. Got stuck jumping the wall, when we told him the change, he quit again.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #11
u can shrapnel explosion onto walls if u put the shrapnel right at ur feet and just jump, otherwise good luck
With a cobrastaff or blackbolt that has a casting time ench. you can also use shrapnel + explosion for a bit more height.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #12
shrapnel works better than stormblast for me for some reason, even when in bone/racial staff.

We also had a returning member who plays heavy. Got stuck jumping the wall, when we told him the change, he quit again.

He'd better get used to it if we can't enter cities anyways once those wall chnages come in.

Reply #13
oh ... walls have a meaning .. shame...shame....shame  :))  :))

All displacements/knockbacks by spells should be removed! ./fact
No selfknockup anymore, this is the biggest shiieeet AV ever implemented.

Walls and spontaneous raiding

While wall now have a scaling protection, it comes in exchange for the maintenance costs that bound characters now have.
This protection won't be perfect, as it can be entirely bypassed by craftable ladders.
Alongside this, we are removing the system detection range for holdings. To be detected, players must be damaged withing the range of the city, be it by a zap tower or another player, which both require line of sight.

The combination of these changes means that now sneaking into a player holding is a bit slower, but is also a lot more discreet than what it used to be. There won't be the alerting sound of a noisy spell, or instant magical detection, which means raiders will be able to sneak up much closer to their intended targets.
On the other hand, when defenders do react, they can actually win a defense by destroying the ladders of their invaders.

We are considering adding new workbenches that allow crafters to launch crafting actions without having to be stuck on location during the process. This should allow players that only have short play sessions to make the best of them and join friends in their adventures. But these workbenches will also be vulnerable for destruction and would be the perfect target for hit and run attacks using ladders. Making raiding a holding actually lucrative at the small scale.

...soon
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

Reply #14