Skip to main content

Topic: 17,610 Members (Read 961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 17,610 Members
Reply #15
..face the fact that the overwhelming majority of people have a life (work/family/GF etc.) and will not be able to play nor be available 8 hours a day 7/7; I noticed that (probably not only) my idea of a narrower siege window was taken on board, but 8 hours of siege window and 22 hours of notice will keep away or semi idle quite a few people...do not look at Raap, Celiah and Mahjol.....they are a minority.

Your logic and argument is flawed, why you need to be available 8 hrs a day?

First of all a siege is max 3 hours, where you can ignore the first 1hr as defender. Most people have at least 16 hrs of "free time" every day to spend for their own choosing, let it be family, gf, friends, training or gaming. So only problem would be if you only can attend at a spesific time window, but for most this isnt the case as almost all tasks, chores, responsibilitiestc.. are flexible and if you cant adjust gaming hours a few times here and there maybe reconsider the approach to gaming all together. As with everything in life it boils down to priorities, gaming shouldnt be one of the main priorities, but if you cant reshuffle some stuff to fit in a 1-2hrs gamingsession then sorry for You, but I dont see any reason for the 99.9% that can need to adjust to the 0.1% that cant.

Problem with your suggestion is that a small vul window will make it almost impossible for holdings to shift hands accross timezones. And its not like a siege gonna happen everyday, atleast history tells us otherwise and in DND it will be other more flexible and accessible objectives.
  • Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:03:59 pm by Nataz

Reply #16
Clans are already starting to shift vulnerability windows to time zones their enemies cannot attend to siege, even if they can't themselves. The vulnerability window setting shall be automatic, dependent on activity. If a certain activity is not reached, it should be widened and disabled in case of no actives at all. 8 hours is a good compromise, lower than that, means 2 clans will only siege if both of them agree to it.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #17
Basing changes on current population's sieging activities isn't good planning.

Reply #18
would love if the game somehow turned into one where we actually destroy/rebuild holdings on a daily basis with cheaper building costs, more accessible warhulks and cannons etc

Yeah sounds like great fun rebuilding your city every day.
I agree it would suck atm, feature changes would be needed, blowing stuff up can be fun and is the only form of 'maintenance' this game should have

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
..face the fact that the overwhelming majority of people have a life (work/family/GF etc.) and will not be able to play nor be available 8 hours a day 7/7; I noticed that (probably not only) my idea of a narrower siege window was taken on board, but 8 hours of siege window and 22 hours of notice will keep away or semi idle quite a few people...do not look at Raap, Celiah and Mahjol.....they are a minority.

First of all a siege is max 3 hours, where you can ignore the first 1hr as defender. Most people have at least 16 hrs of "free time" every day to spend for their own choosing, let it be family, gf, friends, training or gaming. So only problem would be if you only can attend at a spesific time window, but for most this isnt the case as almost all tasks, chores, responsibilitiestc.. are flexible and if you cant adjust gaming hours a few times here and there maybe reconsider the approach to gaming all together. As with everything in life it boils down to priorities, gaming shouldnt be one of the main priorities, but if you cant reshuffle some stuff to fit in a 1-2hrs gamingsession then sorry for You, but I dont see any reason for the 99.9% that can need to adjust to the 0.1% that cant.

Problem with your suggestion is that a small vul window will make it almost impossible for holdings to shift hands accross timezones. And its not like a siege gonna happen everyday, atleast history tells us otherwise and in DND it will be other more flexible and accessible objectives.

No sorry, most normal people do not have 16 hours free time...unless you are talking of inmates.

The problem is not playing for 1-2 hours, it is the factual impossibility of most normal people of attending a siege at 5 pm o 2 am.

8 hours or 6 hours or 4 hours window means that there will always be clans with opposing "prime time" and the problem will not disappear by slightly reducing the window....as already explained you hire a mercs clan that operates in your target's prime time and you solve the problem.

As also sated, the 22 hours notice is too short, it means many people end up knowing about the siege a few hours before playing, 2 days notice should be the rule

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Reply #20
Agree, need 24h notice. When you drop the siege, it goes live same time next day.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #21

WTF???!???!???!??
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

Reply #22

WTF???!???!???!??

Break it down to us u illiterate fuck

Reply #23
lol who has 16 hours a day free?
If you work for 8 hours + 1 hour lunch + an average of 45 minutes travel to and from.... That alone is 10.5 hours.
Then you are supposed to sleep for 8.

So that leaves 7.5 hours of "free time".

Reply #24
lol who has 16 hours a day free?
If you work for 8 hours + 1 hour lunch + an average of 45 minutes travel to and from.... That alone is 10.5 hours.
Then you are supposed to sleep for 8.

So that leaves 7.5 hours of "free time".

As a maximum. You have to cook, clean, do laundry (although the last two might be done by your cleaner if you have one). Do paperwork. Go out and see friends. You know - real life shit.

Reply #25
my idea of a narrower siege window was taken on board

Are you by any chance american ?

Reply #26
my idea of a narrower siege window was taken on board

Are you by any chance american ?
He's Italian IIRC
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #27
I see illiteracy is strong in Lux Arcana

• Semu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
17,610 Members and 10 players online!

Reply #29
17,610 Members and 10 players online!

We were 16 online yesterday, would be 17 if Mycke didnt dodge his siege by playing Albion