Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Our first video (Read 2188 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Our first video
Reply #30
Nice first PR video and I'm glad to see an "official presence" start to get underway! I enjoyed the chill atmosphere and choice of music. Oh man, I would've loved to film a video like this for you guys if only I was in EU. Btw, the flying croissant in the background was a hilarious touch.

A few technical suggestions for your next outing, if I may offer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #31
I understood the whole thing but I'm french so it doesn't count I guess... Thanks for the video guys.

ps: are the haircuts/beards for real? Or just to add a "touch" to the video? (might have been watching "the americans" too much)

Reply #32
@Ninogan Not triggered, just a little surprised that you as an employee of an (indie?) game developer wouldn't feel some camaraderie here :)

If everyone is positive there can be no improvement. Seeing as they have been doing this for a while their skin seems thick enough to handle some jabs here and there and they don't seem to lay down and give up at the first mean critique. They already added a disclaimer to enable subs on the video now. If everyone just went "nice vid keep it up" the next one would look just as poor.

Reply #33
@Ninogan Not triggered, just a little surprised that you as an employee of an (indie?) game developer wouldn't feel some camaraderie here :)

If everyone is positive there can be no improvement. Seeing as they have been doing this for a while their skin seems thick enough to handle some jabs here and there and they don't seem to lay down and give up at the first mean critique. They already added a disclaimer to enable subs on the video now. If everyone just went "nice vid keep it up" the next one would look just as poor.

Indeed. But your post didn't seem to major on that.

Anyway, it's all meh for the time being. The only people seeing any of this are the people it's not actually aimed at. So I share your ennui at the moment. Just it's clear from a few things the devs have let slip that they are in fact human too. And were pretty nervous about doing this vid. So a little bit of positivity is no big thing to hand out.
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:27:41 pm by Maejohl

Reply #34
Good vid devs, made me chuckle here and there.

• Orti
  • [*]
Reply #35
Seem like good dudes keep up the great work uber!

Reply #36
Finally got a chance to watch the video. I liked it. Came across as honest and straight forward, and well-edited so it didn't waste my time. I appreciate this approach greatly, in contrast to, for example, the Albion videos linked previously in this thread, which set off my bullshit-detectors as they come across as trying desperately to cover up the fact that they are selling a turd (which Albion obviously is).

Stick with your straight forward approach, IMO. It comes across as a fireside chat (which plays well with Ub3r's history of communicating openly and honestly), as opposed to an edited piece of crap trying to sell me a line of bullshit.

Reply #37
FRENCH PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ENGLISH INTO A CAMERA

Reply #38
FRENCH PEOPLE SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK ENGLISH INTO A CAMERA

I didnt have any problem understanding everything said the first time I watched it.

Reply #39
@trashsmasher
My comments above notwithstanding, in another part of my life I did spend 10 years chairing a meeting bilingually in English and French... it was very challenging. I applaud Uber for trying to talk to their base in what is likely the most commonly used language. You did a fine job in what was likely your first live to tape interview.

Reply #40
Subtitles were good, I only caught about 70% and had to watch it a second time.

I agree with Rokaroo about the fireside chat, it comes across as genuine and without bullshit. 

Of course the sound quality, as others have pointed out.

The out-of-context comment about being "confident about the release" was a little odd since it contained no information other than a message of "Yeah!  We're confident!".  You planned a 2Q2017 release yet still have major development hurdles, so I think this message could have been a lot more strategic.

Other than that, I thought it was a good video to put out.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Use your native language, add english subtitles (no babel fish). :)
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #42
Good Video!
keep it doing but dont forget to patch the game from time to time :-)
ps: im pretty sure David is hearing to the french Gojira band :p

Mormo Blastbeat                                           Rats in the Hats

Reply #43
Honest video as expected. The core followers are not the target.
Target us next time, please!! :D

Reply #44
Nice guys! Keep going!
We support u!

Arianara Mou ->Giants<-