Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Our first video (Read 2383 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Our first video
Reply #15
Well, seems like I should make myself ready :)
thanks for your clear vision of Darkfall!
always check the bushes for sub-races scum.

Reply #16
tfw you're wondering what you're doing with your life trying to resurrect a thrice failed game

Where's your photo then?

Reply #17
Nice video! Keep it up!
The fact itself of video format and your confidence in release is very inspiring.
P.S.
@Ub3rgames I made Russian subtitles for this video, hope you will approve it as fast as possible(after checking, of course).
Russian speaking community of Darkfall is strong and very interested in game progress, but many of them are not really good in English.
Funai Kanashimi in game.

Reply #18
tfw you're wondering what you're doing with your life trying to resurrect a thrice failed game

Where's your photo then?

Its his avatar, duh
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #19
Buncha slack-jawwed faggots commenting in this thread.

Reply #20
Buncha slack-jawwed faggots commenting in this thread.

That escalated quickly....
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
After the tweet i was hopping for something better and related to a patch... Well, at least something.

Reply #22
There is nothing better than bearded men talking about something they are passionate about.  ;)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #23
cool.

i enjoyed even not understanding anything.

Reply #24
<3 GM Marc :)

That cute accent always kills me :)

Reply #25
After the tweet i was hopping for something better and related to a patch... Well, at least something.

You haven't spotted yet that they don't need to market to us?

@Ninogan Not triggered, just a little surprised that you as an employee of an (indie?) game developer wouldn't feel some camaraderie here :)
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:36:05 pm by Maejohl

Reply #26

Where's your photo then?

Under the people page on the company website where I work or on my facebook and so on. Not sure why it's relevant. Sorry the post triggered you so friend =(

FFS you've never worked around real nerds before.  Doing PR stuff like this is awkward as hell for many.  Spending 5 hours chasing down a dangling pointer is more fun.

I have but I think we did a slightly better job at least. I think one key thing was to not have a backdrop that was piss yellow 🤔
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozfdNzCB7r0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcG4FREqdFw

Free inspiration for next vid @Ub3rgames

yeah but those aren´t the first videos...Robin henky looked very nerdy too in his first videos.

I like the video especially the new logo...though i was also hoping for some patch related info  :-[
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Just one real damper on the whole thing for me...
"we are close to the end", when titles is a huge patch that will take a ton of work to balance properly.
Or you take the shifting sands of combat strenght into the live game and basicly fuck over those who pick a playstyle and dont have the time/patience to roll with the patches.

Either way, its hard to believe the game is ready for launch this year.
On the plus side, that means my new PC should be ready for launch...

Reply #28
Nice first PR video and I'm glad to see an "official presence" start to get underway! I enjoyed the chill atmosphere and choice of music. Oh man, I would've loved to film a video like this for you guys if only I was in EU. Btw, the flying croissant in the background was a hilarious touch.

A few technical suggestions for your next outing, if I may offer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #29
I understood the whole thing but I'm french so it doesn't count I guess... Thanks for the video guys.

ps: are the haircuts/beards for real? Or just to add a "touch" to the video? (might have been watching "the americans" too much)