Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Our first video (Read 2189 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Our first video
Reply #105
Any counter argument of me being an ROA fanboy isn't going to work

https://gyazo.com/e1340ed9fbf5167f2895157d7b54022c
https://gyazo.com/7a2b4a79f01494ef3e15df36452d5286
https://i.gyazo.com/a0d68297b86da6489a31ad7dadc1fcf6.png
https://i.gyazo.com/ead094b72d050438ca982d9da864ec71.png

kk thx bai
My opinion on ROA has changed drastically this past month. I don't like the planned changes of DND especially the combat. Combat is literally the only thing I like about Darkfall in all iterations, and local banking, no fast travel, raid protection stones etc are all things which just make the game tedious and simply not fun. The main reasoning for me never wanting to play DND is because there's absolutely no way I'm going to pay to play and grind in a game that's likely going to fail for a fourth time. I have always had a slight favoring towards ROA because it was the first versio. I enjoyed the non-combat changes DND did over ROA's non-combat changes but of course, it's simply not enough to keep it up with other MMO's imo. Both games are shitty right now and the amount of changes required to make them up to par and successful in general is unreasonable huge.

And that last screenshot was a general statement saying that ROA players won't play DND because.. they won't. It's pretty obvious.
You'll come around

Reply #106
Any counter argument of me being an ROA fanboy isn't going to work

https://gyazo.com/e1340ed9fbf5167f2895157d7b54022c
https://gyazo.com/7a2b4a79f01494ef3e15df36452d5286
https://i.gyazo.com/a0d68297b86da6489a31ad7dadc1fcf6.png
https://i.gyazo.com/ead094b72d050438ca982d9da864ec71.png

kk thx bai
My opinion on ROA has changed drastically this past month. I don't like the planned changes of DND especially the combat. Combat is literally the only thing I like about Darkfall in all iterations, and local banking, no fast travel, raid protection stones etc are all things which just make the game tedious and simply not fun. The main reasoning for me never wanting to play DND is because there's absolutely no way I'm going to pay to play and grind in a game that's likely going to fail for a fourth time. I have always had a slight favoring towards ROA because it was the first versio. I enjoyed the non-combat changes DND did over ROA's non-combat changes but of course, it's simply not enough to keep it up with other MMO's imo. Both games are shitty right now and the amount of changes required to make them up to par and successful in general is unreasonable huge.

And that last screenshot was a general statement saying that ROA players won't play DND because.. they won't. It's pretty obvious.
You'll come around

Possibility is always there, chances are low.

Reply #107

Possibility is always there, chances are low.

Much higher than you think, for all the various things people think they want from a DF, what they really want more than anything is population.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #108
My opinion on ROA has changed drastically this past month.

Reply #109
My opinion on ROA has changed drastically this past month.

I explained why that's the case already. If you read you'll understand. I also included that sentence because you decided to screenshot a post from almost a month ago.

I can argue with you all day but I'm sure you're the only person who cares about any of this.
  • Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:41:49 pm by RealSique

Reply #110

Reply #111

kk thx bai

Except this isn't actually your opinion. It's a repeated mantra by every single RoA vet as a result of being locked in a sound-proof echo chamber with one another for as long as they have. The core combat of DFO? Potentially the best in MMO history. The implementations of systems on top of the core combat? Factually broken, unfinished, and non-functional. What exactly is there to admire about a system where over 70% of the spells in the game are useless or redundant, causing every single player to utilize the same exact optimal spell rotations and becoming identical clones of one another?

Where, for a game that boasts a wide-open skill system, there are actually only two real ways to play: Mage-Hybrid and Destroyer, with Support-Mage and Heavy Hybrid on the sidelines; where unchecked, unregulated mechanics like chain-CC knockups, blinds, pulls with absurd built-in fall damage, pre-disables, skill-less field AOES, and infinite bunny hopping across the map are a "thing". Take a minute and think about ANY other game you've ever played that's had any kind of population or success and ask yourself if such a blatant mess of the state of the mechanics of its combat system has ever been allowed to be the status quo.

As for RoA players not trying DND: you will see how mistaken you are on that one, too. While the vast majority of hardcore RoA followers exist and have existed in a Stockholm syndrome-esque, echo-chamber, non-reality bubble for as long as they can remember (while being perfectly and aggressively immune to the realization of said predicament) - when they see DND up and running and it being the only Darkfall with any semblance of a population or hope for a future population, it will be the catalyst they need to put their considerable conditioning aside and participate in the game they've spent a good portion of their lives on, begrudgingly as it might be. We'll see most of you here. But don't expect much tolerance for useless, dead (as has been proven more than once now) ways of thinking. Have fun, and try and keep an open mind.

Reply #112

kk thx bai

Except this isn't actually your opinion. It's a repeated mantra by every single RoA vet as a result of being locked in a sound-proof echo chamber with one another for as long as they have. The core combat of DFO? Potentially the best in MMO history. The implementations of systems on top of the core combat? Factually broken, unfinished, and non-functional. What exactly is there to admire about a system where over 70% of the spells in the game are useless or redundant, causing every single player to utilize the same exact optimal spell rotations and becoming identical clones of one another?

Where, for a game that boasts a wide-open skill system, there are actually only two real ways to play: Mage-Hybrid and Destroyer, with Support-Mage and Heavy Hybrid on the sidelines; where unchecked, unregulated mechanics like chain-CC knockups, blinds, pulls with absurd built-in fall damage, pre-disables, skill-less field AOES, and infinite bunny hopping across the map are a "thing". Take a minute and think about ANY other game you've ever played that's had any kind of population or success and ask yourself if such a blatant mess of the state of the mechanics of its combat system has ever been allowed to be the status quo.

As for RoA players not trying DND: you will see how mistaken you are on that one, too. While the vast majority of hardcore RoA followers exist and have existed in a Stockholm syndrome-esque, echo-chamber, non-reality bubble for as long as they can remember (while being perfectly and aggressively immune to the realization of said predicament) - when they see DND up and running and it being the only Darkfall with any semblance of a population or hope for a future population, it will be the catalyst they need to put their considerable conditioning aside and participate in the game they've spent a good portion of their lives on, begrudgingly as it might be. We'll see most of you here. But don't expect much tolerance for useless, dead (as has been proven more than once now) ways of thinking. Have fun, and try and keep an open mind.
I have no issues with specializations, I have issues with the spell spamming non-strategical way that DND plays. The removal of the casting delay made mage retarded when I last played and I highly doubt they've ironed out the balance yet. But I can get around that if it's well balanced. Things like local banking, raid protection, etc is something I can't though. I see more negatives than positives coming from it.

Also, bunny hopping is fun as fuck. I purposely disregard my mount to bunny hop and put myself at an obvious disadvantage with low stats and health because I have fun traversing the map doing it, riding a mount can get quite stale when you have to travel for 30 minutes to get somewhere.
  • Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:29:18 am by RealSique

Reply #113

kk thx bai

I have no issues with specializations, I have issues with the spell spamming non-strategical way that DND plays. The removal of the casting delay made mage retarded when I last played and I highly doubt they've ironed out the balance yet. But I can get around that if it's well balanced. Things like local banking, raid protection, etc is something I can't though. I see more negatives than positives coming from it.

Also, bunny hopping is fun as fuck. I purposely disregard my mount to bunny hop and put myself at an obvious disadvantage with low stats and health because I have fun traversing the map doing it, riding a mount can get quite stale when you have to travel for 30 minutes to get somewhere.

Arenafall fails. Every. Single. Time.

Reply #114
The only thing in all this silly mess that's for damn sure is that RoA players will come here when it launches cus of the hype (if ub3r can drum up any) and many of the ones who say right now they won't play DND ever surely will.

It will be another one of these things:

Reply #115

Rather than get into a debate that touches on ideas as dead as RoA, I'll say this: do you know why the expression "Never say never" is so often repeated? Because people have all kinds of preconceived notions about themselves and the world around them, notions which are more often than not dispelled as soon as they come into contact with "experience". My advice would be not to think in such absolutes, as that kind of inflexibility, to borrow from Ray Bradbury, only lies melancholy.

You'll find the truth of things once you actually experience them. Until then, you're only talking in preconceived notions you derived (unconsciously or otherwise) from the echo chamber you've been privy to. Once again, I will say: keep an open mind. In the coming months we're going to see tons of similar posts from RoA vets with the same conditioning you've had and the best answer will always be: try it and see. You've nothing to lose, anyway: the MMO market is a barren wasteland other than DF, and DND will be the last iteration you'll ever have a chance to try, if even it survives.

Reply #116
I have not frequented the forums as much as I would have liked, pop on today and seen this. Great to see you guys! Please email out when you have a launch date as I can't wait!
Lux