Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Our first video (Read 2369 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: Our first video
Greetings,
Today we're releasing our first video, showing our faces and starting our communication drive.
We wanted to start out by introducing ourselves, and thank you all for your patience and support.

Darkfall: New Dawn announcement #1

Expect more to come in the future, with announcement and discussing game related topics.
Enjoy!
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: Our first video
Reply #1
Strong accents, but love you guys <3

Keep up the good work, and do communicate more with us :)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #2
Can't wait for the hype! Lè do dis bois! :D
Not that am not hyped, but others hopefully will be when you go more public with the game.

Reply #3
Now you made it hard to be the devil's advocate

Reply #4
Nice style but please get a decent mic, sound quality ruined an otherwise good video.
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #5
Good in all. 3 suggestions
1. Subtitles
2. Better audio quality, maybe a new mic, which might make point one invalid
3. Haircut  ;)

Reply #6
You can activate the subtitles on YouTube, we provided them to make sure everyone could understand.

We'll try to improve the sound for next time, but the beard and hair will stay!
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #7
I'm not sure I could have done that in French- I'm a native English speaker. Thanks for trying in English! And nice to have some faces to match to names.

Reply #8
I'm not sure I could have done that in French- I'm a native English speaker. Thanks for trying in English! And nice to have some faces to match to names.
Agreed. After all those nights talking with Marc, it's nice to see his face.

PS Marc, my beard is longer :P
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #9
Please start lifting, TASOS would shit stomp both of you.

Tips:

Left guy: I rather not comment.
Right guy don't smile so unnaturally. It's creepy. You show too much teeth.
Show us whole crew next time, maybe you got someone capable of being a public face for your company.

Logo must be an internal joke. No one, fucking no one says as their achievement, that they made a new logo. Do you say to people you got a new haircut? No, it speaks for itself. Also, get a new haircut.
Start talking to us on Discord Marc, to get used to Spoken English and being natural. You can join ours if you are to shy to go public, Raap is an excellent example of good spoken universal English. (Without accent, or any torsion due to being native.) Maybe you'll drop the Luis de Funes accent before you announce launch.

I was merciful.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #10
Fuck lifting. Look what good it did Darkfall.

No time for lifting. Unless it's to munch on a croissant whilst coding.

As for not talking about new logos, no idea what you're on @Eilistraee but new logo is always a big deal for a business. Many even have marketing campaigns just to hype that change.

And no, devs should not be on clan comms.

As for changing the presenters, up to the devs :) No need IMO but mebbe they want to mix it up.

As for anything else @Eiliscunt wrote, I can't tell everyone how lucky you are not to have him in your comms. Worst Eastern Euro accent ever, mega whiney and makes many just personally mute him. 
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:09:29 pm by Maejohl

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I can be hired to represent your company.

I'm great with children.

I could probably also talk on a video without 67 cuts.

I don't even need a bakery either.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #12
Brave men, showing this group of degenerates your faces.

Reply #13
tfw you're wondering what you're doing with your life trying to resurrect a thrice failed game

Also their faces have always been available right here https://darkfallnewdawn.com/about-us/ so no idea why everyone is acting like it's some face reveal.

FFS you've never worked around real nerds before.  Doing PR stuff like this is awkward as hell for many.  Spending 5 hours chasing down a dangling pointer is more fun.
  • Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:31:16 pm by Crisply Vague

Reply #14
For a first video it definitely could be worse. You do it your way, that's for sure. Logo is nice.
Now give us something patch related. Or even patch itself. I know you said nothing but I was expecting some game related stuff and now I'm a little bit disappointed.