Skip to main content

Topic: Game of Thrones season finale. (Read 463 times) previous topic - next topic

Game of Thrones season finale.
Fucking disappointment.

Re: Game of Thrones season finale.
Reply #1
Cercei wasn't. The rest..
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
Why? This was the best season they've done so far

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
the best season? they rushed through the whole story. barely any buildup to any of the scenes, just quickly tick off one plot point after another.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #4
Yeah this season seemed rushed.

Reply #5
S07E07 special effect: Color change Red -> Blue
"Things just got worse."

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I also think they could have easily done a regular 10 episodes in this season and give some screen-time to a lot of other characters, which in turn would have made the pacing less inconsistent with previous seasons. But this is the common complaint about season 7. I think the showrunners and HBO believed that the viewers wouldn't have patience for that, but then they forget that 90% of GoT's appeal was character building and dialog, not just special effects and battles. What bothers me the most perhaps is that John STILL doesn't know his true heritage, and they will be dragging that horse into the last season.

Unfortunately this is now what it has become. The final season, which will be just a minor 6 episodes, will no doubt feel even more rushed. I cannot imagine how they can tie up the remaining story-lines in just 6-8 hours. That being said, the special effects this season were very well done, beating most top budget movies. This probably caused a lot of the show's budget to get used up however, and potentially is also why we only got 7 episodes.

Here we go then, over a year left to wait to see this story ends. It'll be strange not having such a big series to follow anymore, and I doubt any of the upcoming spin-off series will be as big as GoT itself was, since none of them will be sequels to the current story, and featuring none of the current characters.

I do think we owe GoT a few things. It raised the bar for series as a whole and made them more appealing to both viewer and cast/crew. The show took the spotlight away from 90 minute movies and highlighted that there is a huge interest in coherent season based series with deep character building. They are the modern day books.
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:36:31 am by Raap

Raap - Uprising

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
I enjoyed this season even through the rushed plot points. It was a nice change of pace compared to last season and I too agree that GoT raised the bar as far as film making in general.

I don't know what the future holds for WestWorld but that's my next favorite show that has a similar "touch of class" feel to it like GoT.

I don't know if any of you guys watch Netflix series but Jason Bateman did one called Ozark that is on a pretty good level. It's up there with Narcos and the first season of True Detective

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
incest ftw

Otherwise, actors getting old, series rushed out. It's great, but it's hard to top for itself.
  • Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:24:59 am by mrW

Reply #9
season 8 - in 2019  :-X
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
fingers crossed we got the next book by then.

Reply #11
book was shit. was more of a movie script than a book. a wasted effort to publish with the movie being ahead in the story.
"Things just got worse."

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
what book are you talking about?

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
It's great, but it's hard to top for itself.

It's managing to do so each season however; http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-reaches-time-high-dragon-wolf/

Raap - Uprising

Reply #14
what book are you talking about?
A STORM OF SWORDS
A FEAST OF CROWS
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS

Only the movies are good. Any random book you pick in a library is better than the song of ice and fire series.
"Things just got worse."