Skip to main content

Topic: Anyone else let down with StarCraft Remasted? (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Anyone else let down with StarCraft Remasted?
I played a few games and then the nostalgia wore off once I realized how horrid that old school GUI was/is.

Re: Anyone else let down with StarCraft Remasted?
Reply #1
I don't know what did you expect. They specifically said they are just going to work on networking and graphics.

The Remastered version is going to be a success - they aimed at pushing something visually appealing to replace old version so Korean tournaments look better for new viewers.
SC:BW is still played A LOT in South Korea, so it makes sense for them not to change balance, controls, UI, etc ;)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Just made me glad to have the SC2 GUI and unit pathfiding. I can't believe I was even a decent player with that horrid GUI

• Maddi
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
The GUI is perfectly fine, the GUI for SC2 was made for people who cant handle anything.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Never been very into Blizzard's RTS games, but I would love a Command & Conquer reboot personally.

Raap - Uprising

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Never been very into Blizzard's RTS games, but I would love a Command & Conquer reboot personally.
Starcraft is all about build orders and game knowledge. Wish I could put my marines in a building like in C&C games :D
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #6
Starcraft is all about build orders and game knowledge. Wish I could put my marines in a building like in C&C games :D

They have a specialized building for that, called Bunker.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

They have a specialized building for that, called Bunker.
Only 4 marines or 2 marauders... In Red Alert or similar you could seriously fill up a building :D
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Speaking of C&C, you can play most of them for free on this community-driven platform: https://cncnet.org/

EA made the first few C&C games freeware a few years ago, up to and including Tiberian Sun/Firestorm (I personally really enjoyed that one since it had a lot of neat mechanics like terrain deformation, underground units, different terrain types like ice that heavy units sank through, etc.).

Another one worth mentioning is the Red Alert (the original) remake project; http://www.openra.net/

Raap - Uprising

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
The GUI is perfectly fine, the GUI for SC2 was made for people who cant handle anything.
I don't quite follow. What do you mean?

Reply #10
For my RTS fix I play Redalert 2 on cncnet and Company of heroes 2. And once in a while Age of Empires 2 the greatest RTS game ever made :D

Reply #11
Never been great at RTS games but lord of the rings: battle for middle earth 2 was my jam. Would love it if they made another
Emperor Jack - Supreme General of Giants

Reply #12
warcraft 3 is the shit

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I heard Warcraft was a good series. Wish I had played it. The only other RTS I played was Dune 2000 and the old Dune 2 but those two games are really old