Skip to main content

Topic: browse clan members (Read 293 times) previous topic - next topic

browse clan members
@Ub3rgames
Long time ago there was a talk about keeping clan members tabs updated. This is important because of how war declaration costs are calculated (based on members number discrepancy). Was something done about this and people that do not log for months are getting kicked from clans now? Because it does not look like it. I'm not sure though, that's why I'm asking.

Re: browse clan members
Reply #1
Flush has been kicked to reduce siege costs. Yeah, we sieged an inactive clan even when Agon was full with neutral holdings. Well done Raap.

Just saying, it's totally unrelated to your post.

I think the ability check other clans rooster shall be removed.

"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
I think the ability check other clans rooster shall be removed.
I think it's too late for that. Since the new wardec mechanic has been introduced it is possible to estimate numbers from the wardec cost. So removing clan roster would only hide the information from new players that do not know or understand the mechanic yet. But information on past and especially ongoing sieges should be removed for sure.

Anyway - what's the status on clan members roster?

Reply #3
Inactive characters are not counted in the roster. That was part of the initial implementation.
Characters considered inactive are:
- Those that are not subscribed. Doesn't apply during InDev.
- Those in trial mode. Doesn't apply during InDev either.
- Those that have not logged in in the past 30 days.

Though, 30 days may be too lenient, since people still log on once in a while to check on things.
We're considering lowering this to be around 7-10 days, or perhaps even implement other metrics instead.

Now that we have the prime time window system, we can safely separate wars and sieges.
The deserter system also needs to be implemented, for wars to take into account recent members and new members in the war costs.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #4
Inactive characters are not counted in the roster. That was part of the initial implementation.

Though, 30 days may be too lenient, since people still log on once in a while to check on things.
We're considering lowering this to be around 7-10 days, or perhaps even implement other metrics instead.

Now that we have the prime time window system, we can safely separate wars and sieges.
The deserter system also needs to be implemented, for wars to take into account recent members and new members in the war costs.
Thanks. You sure this works as intended? Are there really 90 people in horde that log in at least once every 30 days?
Also - you said inactives are not counted - does it mean they are still in the clan just not shown on the roster? This could cause trouble. I guess clan leaders should be able to see who is in their clan despite their active/inactive status.

Reply #5
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Move that 30 to 7 asap, so we will see.

To siege The Horde, cost would be 1.06 mil gold, they have 100 members, we have 21. Check your formula again.

Also, I checked 2 clans with same amount of people:

Giants, rooster size 31, cost 408.500
Harbringer deFromage rooster size 31, cost 408.500.

Is the inactivity of these 2 clans the same? I doubt it.

Manly Janitors / 11 / 513.500
Random player killers / 11/ 513.500

I checked a few more, every siege costs the same for the same numbers. I checked these numbers months ago, and they didn't really change. I also know of some who never log in, and yet the retain they players in the rooster.

This:

definitely does not work.
  • Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:22:36 pm by Eilistraee
"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
Being indev I have quite a few payers who will return but not until pop picks up will they be kicked from clan?
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #7
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Move that 30 to 7 asap, so we will see.

To siege The Horde, cost would be 1.06 mil gold, they have 100 members, we have 21. Check your formula again.

Also, I checked 2 clans with same amount of people:

Giants, rooster size 31, cost 408.500
Harbringer deFromage rooster size 31, cost 408.500.

Is the inactivity of these 2 clans the same? I doubt it.

Manly Janitors / 11 / 513.500
Random player killers / 11/ 513.500

I checked a few more, every siege costs the same for the same numbers. I checked these numbers months ago, and they didn't really change. I also know of some who never log in, and yet the retain they players in the rooster.

This:

definitely does not work.

@Ub3rgames ?

Reply #8
Being indev I have quite a few payers who will return but not until pop picks up will they be kicked from clan?
No.

The game just ignores them from the war cost.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:17:56 am by Maejohl

Reply #9
No.

How can you say something like this after seeing data that Eilis provided?
To me it looks like roster shows all members of a clan and sums their number. Then this number is used to come up with wardec cost (without taking active/inactive into consideration).

@Ub3rgames it looks like there is something wrong with the mechanic you have just explained. Looks like this part: "Those that have not logged in in the past 30 days" does not work.

Reply #10
No.

How can you say something like this after seeing data that Eilis provided?

But doesn't mean this is correctly working.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:18:53 am by Maejohl

Reply #11
The system does not clear the roster, but should only count the characters that have been logged in the past 30 days.
If you tested right after the patch got implemented, then the 30 days were not passed yet.
We'll check for bugs though, just in case, and reduce the timer to something less long so that it takes effect more often.

Reply #12
The system does not clear the roster, but should only count the characters that have been logged in the past 30 days.
If you tested right after the patch got implemented, then the 30 days were not passed yet.
We'll check for bugs though, just in case, and reduce the timer to something less long so that it takes effect more often.

In which patch was this implemented? I guess not in this or the one before, then it's buggy.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #13
I think they mean a patch resets the timer?

Reply #14
No, a patch should not reset the timer. It was introduced in patch 3.4. 
Maybe we broke it with later changes, we'll investigate and fix it.