Skip to main content

Topic: State of large scale PvP in Albion (Read 348 times) previous topic - next topic

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
State of large scale PvP in Albion

Re: State of large scale PvP in Albion
Reply #1
Thats hot!!!

(I mean thats worse than I even imagined)
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
Sucks because any PvP on any game is fun with huge numbers, shame servers so bad.

www.twitch.tv/rawrgasmtv
Rawr Gasm - SG of Giants
"Currently the drifting is entirely in the hands of players. Be better at fighting and you can reduce, even reverse the sliding." - Ub3rgames @ Uprising

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Good thing i not buy this game, they need to work on netcode because seems pretty unplayable.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #4
"Just keep trying to move we got this" lmao
Soho Summer

Reply #5
The amount of people playing this game is INSANE ( including me). Very very zerg based and there is no way the developers were ready for this much popularity.

Its very sad that in one tiny square tile you have more people than will more than likely ever play any iteration of DF.

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
The amount of people playing this game is INSANE ( including me). Very very zerg based and there is no way the developers were ready for this much popularity.

Its very sad that in one tiny square tile you have more people than will more than likely ever play any iteration of DF.
Sad indeed, esp since DF might handle it better :P
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #7
This is what happens when you dev a PvP game and during late alpha listen to crying O_o's forcing you to shift resources to developing PvE content vs developing the core systems around large scale pvp.  They sure did satisfy those whiny testers back then, though.  GG Stefan.
  • Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:32:21 pm by AkeGamer
Old Timers Guild
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
This is what happens when you dev a PvP game and during late alpha listen to crying O_o's forcing you to shift resources to developing PvE content vs optimizing the core around large scale pvp.
Lay down the pipe bra, you don't do optimizations when the game is in alpha state.

Reply #9
Edited for accuracy.
Old Timers Guild
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
looool People really playing that shit?

Reply #11
Albion is starting to lose its new game glow.

Most players other then the 10-15 top 5 man teams are finding there's really nothing to do outside of securing a wartent for your 5v5 team or gathering resources for your 5v5 team.

Today the albion devs stated they'll get to making the conquest system involve more players 2 patches or 6 months from now.

I had fun with the game for about a month and I think the game can survive in the long term for those who enjoy league of legends style combat but in an mmo.

I think the developers really screwed the pooch when they couldn't decide if they wanted a competitive 5v5 game or a massive conquest game and tried to do both.

@Ub3rgames the population has declined from 240k actives to around 45k atm. I'd say nows the time to start getting the hype train rolling. Choo Choo. It's fairly obvious you were waiting for the albion hype to start dieing down before you pressed on. you now have my blessing to do so.

Reply #12
@Ub3rgames the population has declined from 240k actives to around 45k atm. I'd say nows the time to start getting the hype train rolling. Choo Choo. It's fairly obvious you were waiting for the albion hype to start dieing down before you pressed on. you now have my blessing to do so.
Exactly with a free 14 day trial.

Reply #13
Albion is starting to lose its new game glow.

Most players other then the 10-15 top 5 man teams are finding there's really nothing to do outside of securing a wartent for your 5v5 team or gathering resources for your 5v5 team.

Today the albion devs stated they'll get to making the conquest system involve more players 2 patches or 6 months from now.

I had fun with the game for about a month and I think the game can survive in the long term for those who enjoy league of legends style combat but in an mmo.

I think the developers really screwed the pooch when they couldn't decide if they wanted a competitive 5v5 game or a massive conquest game and tried to do both.

Best thing about albion is its a transition game from more standard games to something like ND and I expect it to help some people look differently at a game like this than they might have before albion
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.