Skip to main content

Topic: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance (Read 1364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance
Reply #60
RoA has done pretty much nothing to the code mike and you can compare both games' servers now since they have roughly the same amount of people playing (at least as far as the servers are concerned cos the load is tiny for each). ive yet to see one single person who played on ROA say that ROA has better performance. the only comments from exRoA types is how much better the DND feel of the play is compared to ROA  and that's from people living westcoast USA.

Reply #61
RoA has done pretty much nothing to the code mike and you can compare both games' servers now since they have roughly the same amount of people playing (at least as far as the servers are concerned cos the load is tiny for each). ive yet to see one single person who played on ROA say that ROA has better performance. the only comments from exRoA types is how much better the DND feel of the play is compared to ROA  and that's from people living westcoast USA.

When was the last time you logged into RoA?

Reply #62
So, if the games so great to play at 320 ms ping, why are people so worried about moving the server from EU to NA?

Hmmmm...

Reply #63
So, if the games so great to play at 320 ms ping, why are people so worried about moving the server from EU to NA?

Hmmmm...
Imbecile.

Reply #64
If Ubergames want me to take them seriously then they need to move their InDev server to New York.

Far be it from me to pretend to speak on ubergames behalf, but if you believe that the ping of potential Australian players is a priority for them, you are out of touch with reality.

Wow really?

Lets just ignore ONE THIRD of the worlds population, situated in Asia.

Until they actually build a decent network between Asia Europe, Asians players will still get better pings to the US than Europe.

There's actually less distance between Paris and Australia than there is between Australia and New York, but we still get better pings because the network to the US is far better than the patchwork of networks going through the middle east and Western Asia.

And that's aside from the number of players in the US, Brazil, Mexico and Canada who'd rather be playing on NA servers.

If Africa didn't have it's own set of problems and massive areas with extremely low GDP per capita then yeah a European server would be great, but right now the best potential for high population is in the US.

If you don't realise that you're kidding yourself.

I wouldn't even consider, for example, trying to host an MMO server in Australia. Wouldn't get enough pop. US? Definitely? Europe? Maybe - if I thought the game some how appealed more to Europeans than the rest of the world.

I'll also add, that Australia has a very high standard of living, a very high GDP per capita, high real wages compared to some countries with populations 5, 10, even twenty times our size.

There's no point trying to appeal to a country of 240,000 million people with 90% of them live in poverty and can't even afford a computer, let alone an internet connection.

Ubergames did, without any doubt, a very good job on the ground basis. The game feels so much smoother even my ping (compare to dfo times) got doubled.

current ping 26  :o  :-*  :))

Timothy was never even warping. Is hitbox is always there where it should be, and this is the important part in-game and not ping differences itself.

Where's a link to exactly what they did?

Because since BPG updated their servers, guess what? The game runs a lot smoother!

I was online when their original server shit itself and when the brought the game back up on alternate server it ran like shit.

Maybe you guys need to try RoA again because honestly it's only had about a 6 weeks of good server performance since launch.

Will have to wait and see how ND handles a decent population base. Simply put I'm reserving judgement until I can see ND servers actually getting stress tested.

I played on the new RoA server, new dawn still felt better, after that I cancelled my sub. A lot of underlying mechanics like weapon swaps (which are ping dependent) are much smoother, post-cast delay removed on rays fixed some queuing issues I had, etc. Not sure all the underlying QOL stuff is really in their patch notes but I could go back and look when I get a chance.

Hmmmm...

If you actually think that the 75 or 100 difference or whatever it was on RoA, is going to to make or break the experience for you then don't play, but I can pretty much guarantee that if you were competitive on RoA you can do it here. If you don't wanna give it a try and provide feedback, I'd suggest you just chill and wait to see what happens for launch - NA is my guess, but its just that, a guess. None of this is going to influence the decision, it's going to be handled on the basis of looking at the potential for population and sales, for which @Ub3rgames is in a much better position to determine than any of us.

Reply #65
If you actually think that the 75 or 100 difference or whatever it was on RoA, is going to to make or break the experience for you then don't play, but I can pretty much guarantee that if you were competitive on RoA you can do it here. If you don't wanna give it a try and provide feedback, I'd suggest you just chill and wait to see what happens for launch - NA is my guess, but its just that, a guess. None of this is going to influence the decision, it's going to be handled on the basis of looking at the potential for population and sales, for which @Ub3rgames is in a much better position to determine than any of us.

I think you missed the point. People who are trying to tell me that the game plays fine at 320 ms ping are the same people telling me that the server should be in Europe.

I also don't think you understand that a 60 ms difference in ping at low pings is much different to a 60 ms difference in pings at high pings.

Someone could go from 30 to 90 ms ping and barely notice the difference, whilst someone who goes from 230 to 290 ping will suffer severe consequences.

eg Increasing someone in Europe's ping by 60 ms when they've got a 20 ms ping to start with is barely going to make a difference for them, but reducing someone with 320 ms ping down to 260 ms is going to make an enormous impact for those players.

Such is the nature of multiplayer gaming.

Reply #66
I think you missed the point. People who are trying to tell me that the game plays fine at 320 ms ping
Timothy is the only one telling you that.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #67
Timothy is australian...
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #68
Timothy is australian...
captain obvious strikes again

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #69
apparently it wasn't obvious for MikeJT. but yeah go cry about toxicity in some other thread.

PS:
stop being so obsessed with me ;)
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #70
apparently it wasn't obvious for MikeJT. but yeah go cry about toxicity in some other thread.
I'm Australian.

Also an Australian
PS. now fuck off with your whining Bala

• Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:28:20 pm by wildNothing

Reply #71

I think you missed the point. People who are trying to tell me that the game plays fine at 320 ms ping are the same people telling me that the server should be in Europe.

I also don't think you understand that a 60 ms difference in ping at low pings is much different to a 60 ms difference in pings at high pings.

Someone could go from 30 to 90 ms ping and barely notice the difference, whilst someone who goes from 230 to 290 ping will suffer severe consequences.

eg Increasing someone in Europe's ping by 60 ms when they've got a 20 ms ping to start with is barely going to make a difference for them, but reducing someone with 320 ms ping down to 260 ms is going to make an enormous impact for those players.

I'm pretty sure the only person who was telling you the game plays fine at 320 was me, I doubt any of the others would really know. And like I said before is it ideal? No. Do I play in certain ways to minimize the issues? Yes. I'm really just trying to make the point that if the choice is between 260 and 320 you're going to need to adjust your playstyle to compensate either way because 260 is already nuts, and I don't think you should decide whether you play the game based on that exclusively...

I'm not telling you the server should be in EU, those people are just as annoying to listen to as the ones saying it should be NA, it's pointless, play it or don't.

#AustralianServerOrRiot

Reply #72
All I know is on RoA I had 60  ping and I had more lag than I did on DnD with 170 ping

Reply #73
All I know is on RoA I had 60  ping and I had more lag than I did on DnD with 170 ping
Just to play Devil's Advocate - was that before they lost all population and finally paid for better servers or after?

#AustralianServerOrRiot
Sydney server would be great. Make it happen!
  • Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:06:51 pm by Wyverex
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #74

I'm pretty sure the only person who was telling you the game plays fine at 320 was me, I doubt any of the others would really know. And like I said before is it ideal? No. Do I play in certain ways to minimize the issues? Yes. I'm really just trying to make the point that if the choice is between 260 and 320 you're going to need to adjust your playstyle to compensate either way because 260 is already nuts, and I don't think you should decide whether you play the game based on that exclusively...

I'm not telling you the server should be in EU, those people are just as annoying to listen to as the ones saying it should be NA, it's pointless, play it or don't.

#AustralianServerOrRiot

I just looked at some PvP footage and realised they've upped the strafing speed and movement speed in general. That pretty much screws anyone with high ping.

If they were looking to alienate anyone with a ping over 150 ms they've successfully done that.