Skip to main content

Topic: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance (Read 1363 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance
Reply #30
When were grappling hooks added in?

Reply #31
When were grappling hooks added in?
They were not.
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #32
There are blinds and knockbacks atleast, wof etc. But leaving heavies with no means to catch up is not going to work. In every iteration so far movement skills where evenly spread and there is a reason for this.
Spawn a mount, that's what I do most of the time anyways. Heavies have awesome protections and the reason why movement was previously evenly spread out is because you could juggle them. You can't do that here so the next option is to "juggle" yourself away from them

This doesnt work so well. The robe guy just got a stormblast and begone between him and you and also spawns a mount. How do you catch him?
Battle spike hop once, summon a mount, double click your extravagant robe, continue to sprint until you come up on a nice fairway, dismount, begone, battle spike hop once, stormblast and either gun the mount down or summon another mount.

If you fail at it or get killed in the process because you can't manage your stats, get a bit more practice in.

There are certain playstyles that can be weak in some terrain yet vastly superior in other terrain. There's nothing wrong with someone escaping and you not being able to catch him. You can always send a rage tell to make yourself feel better

Did you really just suggested to change the armor while riding as a solution to this problem?

The terrain which you mention were begone users can easily escape is everywhere apart from inside buildings.
  • Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:49:12 am by elektrofux

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
There are blinds and knockbacks atleast, wof etc. But leaving heavies with no means to catch up is not going to work. In every iteration so far movement skills where evenly spread and there is a reason for this.
Spawn a mount, that's what I do most of the time anyways. Heavies have awesome protections and the reason why movement was previously evenly spread out is because you could juggle them. You can't do that here so the next option is to "juggle" yourself away from them

This doesnt work so well. The robe guy just got a stormblast and begone between him and you and also spawns a mount. How do you catch him?
Battle spike hop once, summon a mount, double click your extravagant robe, continue to sprint until you come up on a nice fairway, dismount, begone, battle spike hop once, stormblast and either gun the mount down or summon another mount.

If you fail at it or get killed in the process because you can't manage your stats, get a bit more practice in.

There are certain playstyles that can be weak in some terrain yet vastly superior in other terrain. There's nothing wrong with someone escaping and you not being able to catch him. You can always send a rage tell to make yourself feel better

Did you really just suggested to change the armor while riding as a solution to this problem?

The terrain which you mention were begone users can easily escape is everywhere apart from inside buildings.
Looks like you'll have to learn to build suits then.

By the way, there's a reason why you rarely ever see heavies rolling solo in this version and the other.

Movement spells are fine the way they are. I fully understand when I play with my 50+ enc suits that I won't be getting around as fast and I'm fine with that because I'm not being juggled like a piñata from a fireball.

It sounds to me like you haven't built many suits, if any, in this game.

Reply #34

Looks like you'll have to learn to build suits then.

By the way, there's a reason why you rarely ever see heavies rolling solo in this version and the other.

Movement spells are fine the way they are. I fully understand when I play with my 50+ enc suits that I won't be getting around as fast and I'm fine with that because I'm not being juggled like a piñata from a fireball.

It sounds to me like you haven't built many suits, if any, in this game.

Whatever you mean by suits. Not going into a lengthy argument here because our views are pretty far from each other. But this would be the first iteration of Darkfall ever where one type of armor has ALL movement options and the others have none.
I think it will change - just wanted to point out that it is not going to work that way.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
@elektrofux  you make the mistake of thinking of extremes. you can mix the armour types.
put on some bone and leather or bone and metal with a feather enchant and you are fine
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #36
@elektrofux  you make the mistake of thinking of extremes. you can mix the armour types.
put on some bone and leather or bone and metal with a feather enchant and you are fine

I know you can but you cant catch up a robe guy if you have encumberance (currently with a borked up encumberance curve it is even totally out of the question). Movement has allways been an area of freedom for everyone for a good reason. If there are too big differences there will be crying all over the place. Just predicting. At least i know one guy who will cry your ears off and it is not me as i never play heavy ;-)
  • Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:55:01 am by elektrofux

Reply #37
Battlespikes for b-hopping dont work anymore.

Honestly, they should just remove b-hopping completly. Keep the movement spells but it should not be possible to gain speed by spamming jumping. B-hopping looks retarded and like a bug anyway and propaby does more harm than good in case of new player retention.
I still remember the first time i saw someone b-hopping in df... thought that guy was cheating :/

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38
ub3rgames already said they are changing it to an s curve
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #39
ub3rgames already said they are changing it to an s curve

Still i predict heavy problems at least in small scale pvp.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
Ppl complaining about heavies not being able to bunnyhop after a robed guy should remember about a robed guy disadvantage in tight places.

Pros and cons, both cases.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41

I know you can but you cant catch up a robe guy if you have encumberance (currently with a borked up encumberance curve it is even totally out of the question). Movement has allways been an area of freedom for everyone for a good reason. If there are too big differences there will be crying all over the place. Just predicting. At least i know one guy who will cry your ears off and it is not me as i never play heavy ;-)

I've fought certain players that aren't as skilled at bunny hopping but they have awesome stat management and use their life bar to bait people into thinking they can kill them.

Like Gosti said, there's pros and cons to every build which is why you need to learn to suit build to find the setup that fits right for your play style

Reply #42
Metal armor = best protections, HP regen bonus, resistance to knockback/knockup spells; but comes with penalty to spell casting, secondary spell effects and displacement and penalty to archery damage (because of encumbrance penalty)
Leather armor = medium protections, Stam regen bonus, +Attack Speed, +Melee and Archery damage, some resistance to knockback/knockup spells; but comes with some penalty to spell casting and high penalty to secondary spell effects and displacement
Bone Armor = medium protections (a bit higher Mag prot than Leather, a bit lower Phy prot than Leather), bonus Mana regen, bonus Magnitude, bonus Cast Speed
Robes = lowest protections, bonus Magnitude (tiny bit higher than Bone), bonus Cast Speed (tiny bit higher than Bone) and big bonus mana regen

Really?

This just killed it for me.

Reply #43
Metal armor = best protections, HP regen bonus, resistance to knockback/knockup spells; but comes with penalty to spell casting, secondary spell effects and displacement and penalty to archery damage (because of encumbrance penalty)
Leather armor = medium protections, Stam regen bonus, +Attack Speed, +Melee and Archery damage, some resistance to knockback/knockup spells; but comes with some penalty to spell casting and high penalty to secondary spell effects and displacement
Bone Armor = medium protections (a bit higher Mag prot than Leather, a bit lower Phy prot than Leather), bonus Mana regen, bonus Magnitude, bonus Cast Speed
Robes = lowest protections, bonus Magnitude (tiny bit higher than Bone), bonus Cast Speed (tiny bit higher than Bone) and big bonus mana regen

Really?

Bonuses are not huge, you can still mix and match different sets to your heart's desire and for your optimal build - but it resulted in distinct feel and different builds (it's not hybrids vs destroyers anymore).

I'd invite you to test it a bit before dismissing it, but it's a free world - it's your call what suits you :)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #44

Really?

Why did it kill it for you? There's different builds out there now - no one size fits all gear set. Some go full metal, some go glass cannon, some mix it all up to suit what it is they want to do. There are no restrictions on how you mix the gear pieces up on your character.

If you've not tried it and haven't bought the game yet, wait for the free period that's coming in the next month or so and try things then.